onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Myth

geosname

Can we put the myth, that deciding not to return to vale park [yet] equates to not giving "them" a chance, to the sword once and for all?

Its a bit like saying unless your an hermaphrodite your not human.

Lets open the gate a little wider....

1] What difference does it make to "their promises" whether the stay away fans return or not?

2] What difference will the fans staying away have on the completion of the RW suite?

3] What difference will the fans returning have on the CW site?

4] How about the training facilities at bycars and in the ground?

5] Will stay away or returning fans have any impact on the completion of the stand?

6] How will fans affect dimensions [if it goes ahead]?

All their promises have been off field statements.. apart from suggestions that there "may" be a little for the team.

In my opinion...

1] None at all

2] None at all. I just hope they are not relying solely on fans for the ventures success.

3] None at all

4] As above, none at all, its unlikely fans will have the use of them.

5] Not at all, 75% of the stadium is empty/unused when we have an average gate.

6] Not at all, the public will have an impact but fans not attending games wont.

So... if you have made the decision to return.. good for you... its your choice... if you have made the decision not to return yet... good for you... its your choice

Advert

Fans staying away WILL have an effect on the playing budget, I am returning as BB, SM, PJ, GM and soon GO will have gone. I'm not entirely happy with the lack of answers coming out of VP but we have achieved what we wanted to do. We can't just keep moving the goal posts, change has happen we now gave to give it time to see how it works.

A very poigniant opening post. Sadly the unforeseen problem of fans who decided to 'pledge' or simply walk away is that football is a habit and it is now nearly 6 months since many last attended Vale Park and some have either lost 'their appetite' for the game or lost a little interest. These people will need a little more encouragement before they are coaxed back.

Personally I shall return for the Morecombe game but it will be a case of attending when I want too.

In return Geo, can we also state that by returning to Vale Park is not a sell out to the old board and that we are trying to all herald the return of Jackson, Meigh and Bratt as some would appear to think!

We too are merely giving this board a period of time to try and prove themselves. Some decide to do so from the outside, others from the inside

We have to accept that we have a new board and the clubs future is in their hands with little or nothing that supporters can do to influence it.

Our entertainment and supporting of the team in the promotion race IS in our hands.

I shall be watching and supporting whenever I can afford and when it is convenient.

Apparently, Blue Sky are hoping to buy it at a "knock down price" will refurb it, Vale will run it and keep any profit it makes! Mike Lloyd apparently knows nothing about it, but questions have been asked of the council, still waiting for answers.

Thanks Caroline..

In return Geo, can we also state that by returning to Vale Park is not a sell out to the old board and that we are trying to all herald the return of Jackson, Meigh and Bratt as some would appear to think!

We too are merely giving this board a period of time to try and prove themselves. Some decide to do so from the outside, others from the inside

I concur SV

Archived