onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fans Panel 2016: lowpoint - chairman's remarks, highpoint – the youngsters

News Feed

Hope you enjoyed making that post, it has been reported.

Jacko - i appreciate your making a positive and constructive suggestion, but the quoted post is the reason why I cannot take it up, with posts like that it would be a waste of time unfortunately.

It was an entirely satisfying experience. Unfortunately I didn't insult you directly so you've wasted your weaselling to admin! Let's face it, after your earlier posts on this thread, good look with your quest for justice anyway.

As for your second paragraph, how exactly would posts like "that " stop you expressing your views? That's just silly: I think someone needs to grow a pair on both counts

Advert

If I had constantly picked fault with OVF in the past, I could understand such defensive reaction as 'You don't have to read it'. If you have time, you could look back and see that at least 10 times (actually, probably much more than that) I have said what a great site OVF is and applauded its quality and depth of information.

So it shouldn't surprise you that I wanted to read the half-season panel review, as with almost every other feature on the site. As I read just about everything, choosing not to read it before knowing what is in it is not particularly easy or even possible.

However, it just seems that certain people are dominating the site, one in particular, and continually abusing and belittling those they disagree with, ending posts with stuff like 'It's not rocket science', or crashing into a thread where someone has disagreed with one of their victims and adding no actual comment but a 'lets join the gang' style laughter emoticon. All of which goes unpunished.

The figure of 200 was plucked out of the air, I just meant pick 6 (maybe start with 10 and see which 6 answered first) at random but have people with enough posts to be sure they were not Stoke-fan wind up merchants or the idiots who put 0-9 in Guess the score.

I'm sure you know who are fairly regular posters but its not worth labouring the point.

I'll leave it there, as you seem to think I am making an attack on the site or yourself when I would have hoped that from previous things I have written that is clearly not the case.

I just hope that any future 'spokesmen' for the site /club don't automatically include the loudest and most self-promoting people who are a million times more interested in their own ego and 'site credibility' than Port Vale FC.

AS you can see with your reply - your idea of having some sort of democratic, random polling of members doesn't work when you look at it in reality. You can't do what you say. If I posted an invite in here then only picked six I am going to annoy more people than please and at the same time create more work for me than I need.

Perhaps the reason why I am "defensive" (I would call it "annoyed") is I think I have learnt a lot over 20 years and know how to produce content so I don't appreciate it when the first feedback on what I thought was a really good article with some good points is not "thanks to the panel" or (even) "thanks Rob for taking several evenings asking the questions and putting the article together" but a complaint that the panel was somehow biased and unrepresentative.

The WHOLE idea of a panel is that it is a small selected and invited number. I take it you have complained to the Sentinel that they do not randomly write to the entire Vale fanbase and invite them to write their fans views they publish at the weekend? No? Why not? It's the same idea yet only I am getting stick for it.

I spent several days planning what I hoped was some good Christmas and New Year content that would be thought provoking and interesting and instead it seems I get moaning and complaining that it isn't "fair" - well, let me explain one more time:

1. I write the content and reserve the right to choose who I pick.

2. If you don't know how the backend of the software works then stop presuming I can do things like contact everyone who has posted 200 times or even spot a wind-up merchant from a genuine Vale fan.

3. I'll await a copy of your correspondence to the Sentinel making the same request of their fans panel. After all, it all's equal they need to be given the same instructions.

4. And I repeat - if you don't like who was chosen then you really don't have to read it. I'm only trying to produce some Vale content, unpaid and in my own time that I think people will like!

That's my final word, I'm now going to try and enjoy my Christmas break. Feel free to have the final word as seems to be the key criteria on this thread...

AS you can see with your reply - your idea of having some sort of democratic, random polling of members doesn't work when you look at it in reality. You can't do what you say. If I posted an invite in here then only picked six I am going to annoy more people than please and at the same time create more work for me than I need.

Perhaps the reason why I am "defensive" (I would call it "annoyed") is I think I have learnt a lot over 20 years and know how to produce content so I don't appreciate it when the first feedback on what I thought was a really good article with some good points is not "thanks to the panel" or (even) "thanks Rob for taking several evenings asking the questions and putting the article together" but a complaint that the panel was somehow biased and unrepresentative.

The WHOLE idea of a panel is that it is a small selected and invited number. I take it you have complained to the Sentinel that they do not randomly write to the entire Vale fanbase and invite them to write their fans views they publish at the weekend? No? Why not? It's the same idea yet only I am getting stick for it.

I spent several days planning what I hoped was some good Christmas and New Year content that would be thought provoking and interesting and instead it seems I get moaning and complaining that it isn't "fair" - well, let me explain one more time:

1. I write the content and reserve the right to choose who I pick.

2. If you don't know how the backend of the software works then stop presuming I can do things like contact everyone who has posted 200 times or even spot a wind-up merchant from a genuine Vale fan.

3. I'll await a copy of your correspondence to the Sentinel making the same request of their fans panel. After all, it all's equal they need to be given the same instructions.

4. And I repeat - if you don't like who was chosen then you really don't have to read it. I'm only trying to produce some Vale content, unpaid and in my own time that I think people will like!

That's my final word, I'm now going to try and enjoy my Christmas break. Feel free to have the final word as seems to be the key criteria on this thread...

SPOT ON, Rob! Enjoy your Xmas.....couldn't believe the thread when I opened it and saw the first reply. Symptomatic of today's society??? Probably...

Archived