onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ticket Collection Today

Burt

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but what on earth happened there?

I go to collect a pre-paid ticket (from AFC Wimbledon's website), only to get told the tickets hadn't arrived from Vale yet.

1 - Why did Vale have those tickets, if they were due to be collected from AFC W's ground?

2 - Why on earth did they get taken down by Paul Humphries on the day of the game, only arriving half an hour before kick-off?

3 - Why on earth was there no plan B? ie accepting our proof of purchase as a ticket, or giving us a random stub/raffle ticket/anything to use as a ticket?

What would have happened if Paul had been even later?

A complete mess, seemingly from both clubs.

Advert

There was a long wait (almost 20 mins) for the online ticket queue but they had mine, ordered off their website on Thursday as an away fan. Although when I first asked a steward about the ticket office he said there was a problem with tickets being delayed, coming from the Vale. When I said they were ordered from their website he said it would be ok and it was. Apart from the long wait.

After all the stick people were giving Vale on here about not having online ticketing it brought a wry smile to my lips. Some people would have slagged Vale off hugely for the situation at Kingsmeadow today if it had happened at Vale Park.

Why did Paul Humphries have them???

I thought he was just an average fan nowadays??

It would seem some fans are more equal than others

I wonder how else he's still involved and I wonder how much other directors that may have been booted out are involved in things club related ?

Talking of ex directors, what's Plant up to these days at the club

Come back Billy Bell, at least ye knew exactly what you were getting with him, even bought a cheap car off Billy, wouldn't buy a used snot rag off this lot

Why did Paul Humphries have them???

Maybe non of the other director's were going as they were to busy talking to the many investor's.Or they stayed behind to plan the next pile of BS that they are going to come out with which would protect the SPS.

There was a long wait (almost 20 mins) for the online ticket queue but they had mine, ordered off their website on Thursday as an away fan. Although when I first asked a steward about the ticket office he said there was a problem with tickets being delayed, coming from the Vale. When I said they were ordered from their website he said it would be ok and it was. Apart from the long wait.

After all the stick people were giving Vale on here about not having online ticketing it brought a wry smile to my lips. Some people would have slagged Vale off hugely for the situation at Kingsmeadow today if it had happened at Vale Park.

So because another club is amateurish makes it excusable for Vale also to be amateurish? Christ almighty, ever likely we're stuck in a time warp, never to improve.

How do you know it wasn't vale's fault yesterday? But seeing as we were to bring the tickets with us, probably because they were sent to us before the police changed the match to all ticket, and we only got them there on hour before kick off, I'd question the need for a wry smile.

It wasn't Vale's fault that there was such a big queue for both sets of fans who had bought their tickets online. My comment is directed more at the Wimbledon system generally. It's ok having online ticketing but when the distribution has to be done manually by two people looking at small brown envelopes in what looked like shoeboxes, it's hardly a smooth operation.

The Wimbledon fans were complaining too about the length of the queue. I've never had to wait so long to pick up tickets. So yes, online ticketing sounds wonderful on the surface but if the execution on match day is as amateur as two people with shoeboxes standing at a trestle table checking people's computer print-outs, then it is hardly cutting-edge. Good job it was a nice, sunny day and they could have the trestle table outside -- what would they have done if it was raining?

Why did Paul Humphreys have them???

Simple.

I went to the ticket office late on Friday only to be told that they'd cashed up and I couldn't have one - I'd have to buy online.

I went in the shop to buy the new goalkeeper's top, told Joan what had happened and said I cba'd to go online. She suggested I take the tickets down and ask for two when I got there.

I left in time to get to the ground by 1.15, used the M1 as it was only 3 miles more and got stuck in a load of traffic on the M25 - then diverted through a load of towns and got to the ground 2.20 ish.

Archived