onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sam Morsy.

Spunk Trumpet

I noticed young Sam was an unused substitute tonight.

A big waste if you ask me.

If there was one positive out of Gannons reign it was that he gave Morsy playing time.

I was very impressed with Sam and am disappointed he hasnt figured at all this season.

All this talk by Micky about youth being the way forward now and yet he is not giving a game to, in my opinion, one of the best young prospects we have had in years.

Why Micky?

Advert

I was just about to make a similar comment Spunker, it seems MA dunna fancy Sam........At the same time Burge sounded quite prominent admitted on the Radio tonight in midfield.........I will await a match report from those who attended though.......

Griff and Burge looked assured in centre mid.

I don't think there was much point in bringing him on to take a penalty.

I wouldn't read anything into him not coming on tonight, the subs were spot on in the circumstances, even considering the missed penalties. You can't blame the lads who did have the balls to take one.

I think Morsey is a good league 2 player and could progress higher. But the midfield is pretty strong and we need to see what Burge has. Griff has to be a fixture and showed he could compete with a big Tranmere side playing good quality league 1 football tonight. So if MA plays 532 that leaves two spots and Loft has progressed well this season. So one spot and Roberts has better distribution but perhaps less consistency that Morsey. Morsey will get his chance and has to take it and as for Dodds I think he needs to be used as a semi wide / attacking player and from the bench is right unless his passing and tackling improve. Taylor is an attacker or winger, not an on the ball midfield player. I think Green could be used as a winger in 442 but must compete with collins in 532 for a place at left wing back.

I wouldn't read anything into him not coming on tonight, the subs were spot on in the circumstances, even considering the missed penalties. You can't blame the lads who did have the balls to take one.

Is that a joke? If he wanted to bring GR & TP on to make an impact, why wait until the last 8 minutes?

I get the feeling Micky only likes players with a standout quality. Morsy doesn't fall into an obvious pigeonhole (big, pacy, creative, skillful...) so Micky doesn't fancy him.

(big,pacy,creative,skilfull). I wouldn't say any of our squad have those qualities.

Archived