onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Poor attendance today

Twitters

And what a pleasant atmosphere it was without the SEO people there. If this is what it does to the team and match day experience may I suggest that you all stay away for the rest of the season. Up the vale!

hardly any atmosphere there at all, your right

Advert

And what a pleasant atmosphere it was without the SEO people there. If this is what it does to the team and match day experience may I suggest that you all stay away for the rest of the season. Up the vale!

You must be deluded if you think that - financially and on the pitch even a few hundred, or as many as a thousand would make a major difference....that's like saying it was better when we were in Division 4 with crowds of 3,000 than when we were in Division 2 with 15,000 or more.......because all the rest were glory hunters.....absolute rubbish...

Soon as Oliver and Bratt are gone we'll be back sweetheart, the real supporters who made the ultimate sacrifice for the club they love! Enjoy the empty stadium til then flower x

Aney/Sage - I didn't choose last year because there was a massive amount of confidence int he team and management last year, as well as some excellent away victories early on. The crowds were naturally higher.

The same confidence hasn't been there this year. Just like it wasn't there in 2009-10.

If you think SEO is making a difference now then I assume you think the same people were staying away in 2009-10.

Deano - Maybe. There is onlt £100k less in the bank as as 30/06/10 than there was as at 30/06/06 though. Perhaps it hasn't been such a working capital crisis. I don't know. I haven't ever looked in to it in great detail. The typical warning signs of bankrupcy, administration and being unable to pay players haven't been anywhere near Vale Park though.

Soon as Oliver and Bratt are gone we'll be back sweetheart, the real supporters who made the ultimate sacrifice for the club they love! Enjoy the empty stadium til then flower x

That's a nice attitude. Elitism.

We'll miss you when you decide you don't like the new lot I'm sure.

No idea. They attended the game against Crawley!

Only they didn't. Everyone knows gates are typically bigger for the first and last games of the season than the average for the rest of the season. You must already know that though ... surely?

Surely you were too busy 'starving em out' to have any idea what the atmosphere was!

I was in Nigel Meakins box, I paid not one penny, even got a free programme, had no drink or food

Your right though a lovely "pleasant" atmosphere, bit like a nice day in the park on a sunday morning

It's quite amusing reading the pro-board comments on here trying to put a 'spin' on the attendance figures.

The Crawley game wasn't too badly attended in fact so the pro-board supporters were crowing a fortnight ago and claiming that SEO hadn't worked. Yet, in that game, I reckon about 500-800 home fans had not attended as, in reality, it was the poorest attendance for the first home game for 4 years.

But it wasn't as bad as some SEO might have hoped.

Today was a very disappointing gate, very poor.

We have just got 4/6 points on the road. Everyone says how good the last home game was. The weather was dry and bright.

BUT nonetheless we had close on 1000 home fans missing.

It must be a serious concern for the board.

Put whatever spin on it you like but the facts are it was a poor attendance and only about 1000 people paid on the gate.

For some time now Valiants have been held in the lowest regard by the 'Board consequently many customers are now walking away, and they have the hide to blame them for staying away.

Seriously, you couldn't make it up.

And that give,s the board someone to blame by staying away i myself do,nt agree with how thing,s have been run but i support the name port vale fc through good and bad time,s.

It's quite amusing reading the pro-board comments on here trying to put a 'spin' on the attendance figures.

The Crawley game wasn't too badly attended in fact so the pro-board supporters were crowing a fortnight ago and claiming that SEO hadn't worked. Yet, in that game, I reckon about 500-800 home fans had not attended as, in reality, it was the poorest attendance for the first home game for 4 years.

But it wasn't as bad as some SEO might have hoped.

Today was a very disappointing gate, very poor.

We have just got 4/6 points on the road. Everyone says how good the last home game was. The weather was dry and bright.

BUT nonetheless we had close on 1000 home fans missing.

It must be a serious concern for the board.

Put whatever spin on it you like but the facts are it was a poor attendance and only about 1000 people paid on the gate.

Check to see the drop in crowds from first game to second and eyar on year it's about the same. Nothing to do with SEO.

Archived