onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

It's So Depressing For Ambitious Vale fans

old sage

REP

Even if the right man comes in will he get the support and backing he needs to do the job he needs to?... will he find all the players he needs offering job seekers allowance? After smurfs first rant and he realises he has no hope, no support and no future will he stay?

If he does manage to do a half decent job under such adverse conditions who will offer him better prospects first?

Advert

REP

Even if the right man comes in will he get the support and backing he needs to do the job he needs to?... will he find all the players he needs offering job seekers allowance? After smurfs first rant and he realises he has no hope, no support and no future will he stay?

If he does manage to do a half decent job under such adverse conditions who will offer him better prospects first?

That's football Gro, there is zero loyalty as in most professions. People go where the money is at the time. Currently it's at historically smaller teams like Bury and the Cobblers, 3 years ago it was with us.

Smaller teams with in some cases significantly smaller budgets proved last season what is possible by finishing above us - Burton, Wallsall and Rochdale for example.

I'm not heartbroken Page has gone as the bottom line is he didn't improve us, equally the same goes for the players.

As an ambitious vale fan I am currently disappointed with the current situation. However after taking my "championship manager" head off and looking at the club as a business it is clear that 80k loss per month cannot carry on. We are stuck with the infrastructure that we have so the only way to decrease this is to either increase admission prices or decrease the clubs outgoings. To make Vale a viable business proposition the club needs to be breaking even, as there are not many people that want to financially support a business that is losing money.

For many the current players in contract are many of the players that have achieved a steady 7 out of 10 rating and held down a first team position all season, with the majority of them being signed last preseason on a salary that befits our club. I don't think for one second that moc and Dodds would be the players being offered the 50% pay cut as that would have been factored in last season.

Speculate to accumulate is something that Smurf has tried. As he has told us many times over he has invested in the squad and in some respects this has worked. However his many P.R. Disasters have ment that our generally good home form has not been repaid with supporters attending games so suppressing the club.

I hope that the appointment of our new manager will invigorate the chairmans ambition and a good start to the season will encourage supporters to return back to the park.

It is all very well saying that we won't miss any of the players or Rob Page but we only have 4 first team regulars under contract. Big ask for any new manager to recruit up to 16 new players on low wages and make a team out of them in one preseason.

But also great for a manager to come in who has a clean slate to deal with , if like many predict out of contract players have been offered are turned down. Some of the contracts players were on were madness if rumours are to be believed. I would say that every player in the squad is replaceable and for less money. Take Dickinson, big wage, big effort and... Well not much else really. They are replaceable.

But also great for a manager to come in who has a clean slate to deal with , if like many predict out of contract players have been offered are turned down. Some of the contracts players were on were madness if rumours are to be believed. I would say that every player in the squad is replaceable and for less money. Take Dickinson, big wage, big effort and... Well not much else really. They are replaceable.

In which case we need to get the new manager in place soon.So he can set about finding who is doing what and who is available and willing to join.

As an ambitious vale fan I am currently disappointed with the current situation. However after taking my "championship manager" head off and looking at the club as a business it is clear that 80k loss per month cannot carry on. We are stuck with the infrastructure that we have so the only way to decrease this is to either increase admission prices or decrease the clubs outgoings. .

It is possible to increase income without increasing prices

It is possible to increase income without increasing prices

According to Vale all other revenues have increased season on season. I suppose we can't confirm that without seeing figures however this has been stated. The only other form of income is through the sale of talented players etc, of which we have two Andoh and Alnwick. In my opinion the only other asset we had has just been appointed Northampton manager and Vale has received compensation.

maybe,maybe not but at least there isn't a dull moment being a vale supporter and norman has difficulty explaining what he means, never a dull moment but I'm sure it will all be sorted sooner rather than later:yes:

In that case I want some 'dull moments'. I'm sick and tired of the circus that is caused by Smurthwaite.

I think you are being unfair to Northampton there. The natural order of Clubs is continually changing. Look at the position of Leeds and Liverpool, for example. Man Utd went 25 years in the doldrums before Fergie came along. Aston Villa have just gone down. Coventry were in the top flight for 30 odd years and are now in League 1. You only have to look where Bournemouth are to see how fortunes can change.

So why not Northampton? They have momentum and could well go straight up again. They could also see their bubble, and Page's, burst. That's football, isn't it?

The Vale look a bit pear-shaped at the minute, but you just don't know what is around the corner.

I look on the current situation as an opportunity! UTV.

Think Northampton blew it when they signed Page his negative tactics and being chummy with the players will take them back down.

Look at last season Page blew his budget signing up the old players nobody else wanted and only resigned when they didn't get better offers.

It was all gloom and doom this time last year but the new signings improved the team. Pity we didn't sign a better striker instead of keeping the dead wood.

Think Northampton blew it when they signed Page his negative tactics and being chummy with the players will take them back down.

Look at last season Page blew his budget signing up the old players nobody else wanted and only resigned when they didn't get better offers.

It was all gloom and doom this time last year but the new signings improved the team. Pity we didn't sign a better striker instead of keeping the dead wood.

Page said we didn't need a new striker, we did

There were 4 or 5 performances that made me think Page was the man to take us forward, but then I remember the remaining performances some of which were boring, some poor and most were diabolical. He was often left wanting in terms of tactical awareness and had a nasty habit of annoying fans with his patronising after-match comments. At best Page would have offered the club stability and continuity, but I doubt he genuinely could have taken us to the next level. My view is we do need a managerial change, but not under conditions where we only have a handful of useful players and a reportedly embarrassing budget. Whatever our views of Page are, the blame for this incredible mess lies squarely at the chairmans door. Without stability and hope, football fans will drift away and spend their money elsewhere. Operating a club at this level is hard enough for any competent owner, but when a club is dependant on a stubborn, rude and clueless chairman, who continually alienates his customers, then the outcome will only be disastrous.

According to Vale all other revenues have increased season on season. I suppose we can't confirm that without seeing figures however this has been stated. The only other form of income is through the sale of talented players etc, of which we have two Andoh and Alnwick. In my opinion the only other asset we had has just been appointed Northampton manager and Vale has received compensation.

There is the possibility of selling more rather than charging more.

Get more people to attend [increase] sell them more when they do [increase]... even if you give matchday tickets away [schools/clubs/etc] sell them merchandise/food/etc when they attend [increase]... not exhaustive

Archived