onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 5th March 2016, Port Vale v Colchester U, pre-match comments and the match itsel.

Fosse69

A big game as the u's have beat us last 3 times 2-1 😱.

Make no bones about it the lad Moncur is a excellent player but let's not think about how good they r let's start the game at a really good tempo and get it won .

Team well Grant and Duffy r suspended I read whether that's true I have no idea.

So if they r here is my team .

Neal

Yates Purkiss Innis Dicko

Moore O'connor Foley Kennedy

Dodds

Kelly

Kelly and Dodds to alternate positions Purkiss to set every phase of Vale excellence in motion .

Moore to get his season going AJLS, Mcgivern Hooper Birchall Robinson Brown to the bench where if required they come on and play like how a player who is not in the starting xl should .

Utv

Advert

A big game as the u's have beat us last 3 times 2-1 😱.

Make no bones about it the lad Moncur is a excellent player but let's not think about how good they r let's start the game at a really good tempo and get it won .

Team well Grant and Duffy r suspended I read whether that's true I have no idea.

So if they r here is my team .

Neal

Yates Purkiss Innis Dicko

Moore O'connor Foley Kennedy

Dodds

Kelly

Kelly and Dodds to alternate positions Purkiss to set every phase of Vale excellence in motion .

Moore to get his season going AJLS, Mcgivern Hooper Birchall Robinson Brown to the bench where if required they come on and play like how a player who is not in the starting xl should .

Utv

Last two occasions not three, we beat them away 2-1 last season.

With a strike force of Kelly and Dodds it's got 'Port Vale 0' written all over it unless Kelly smashes one from 30 yards.

This game is the classic banana skin and Vale have a track record of being the clowns to go a-over-t on it.

Page is right to warn of complacency and after their shock win at Bradford they'll be feeling they can have a go with nothing to lose. I suspect they'll start off tight and try to defend deep and hit us with pace on the break. We - and by that I mean WE, both players AND fans - need to be patient and make sure we don't take risks and it's us who score the first goal. If we go in front their heads may drop, especially if we score two, but if they score first we're in trouble as they'll have something to defend and may also start to believe they can have a Lazarus style comeback.

3 points are there for us to take but we'll need to play professionally.

Last two occasions not three, we beat them away 2-1 last season.

With a strike force of Kelly and Dodds it's got 'Port Vale 0' written all over it unless Kelly smashes one from 30 yards.

Well I like the lad I think he has a hat trick in him ,and doddsy is going be superb tomoz ,he will score in fact I feel a 4-2 win with Dodds Purkiss ( yes Ben purkiss ) Kelly 2 with the goals .

HD is nimble he wants to entertain and tats exactly what he is going do ,shaqiri who ******* needs him

UTV lol

Well I like the lad I think he has a hat trick in him ,and doddsy is going be superb tomoz ,he will score in fact I feel a 4-2 win with Dodds Purkiss ( yes Ben purkiss ) Kelly 2 with the goals .

HD is nimble he wants to entertain and tats exactly what he is going do ,shaqiri who ******* needs him

UTV lol

Whose HD?

I will buy you a beer if Dodds is indeed superb tomorrow! Be a nice change to see it twice in three games.

I'm going for a nervy 2-1 win after a good start to the game.

Whose HD?

I will buy you a beer if Dodds is indeed superb tomorrow! Be a nice change to see it twice in three games.

I'm going for a nervy 2-1 win after a good start to the game.

Predictive text supposed be he.

I'll be in ye olde smithy before the game u may aswell buy me one anyway with ya money from the sentinel column u won't be short .

Let's hope some fans turn up tomoz they probably won't though so I expect a 4000 gate max pathetic considering this Vale team is very capable .

Foley ,O'connor, Even as far as Birchall and Dicko r capable of scoring and still they wusner come but like I say that's upto them ,in the cold light of day u either Vale or u ain't Vale .

Valeness can only get stronger if folk get motivated and come out and back the players if not the season could drift into a nothing unfortunately a nothing sells nothing if u get my drift .

Your team selections are quickly becoming my highlight of the week. Bit poor this week though as only 2 players are out of position, i expected more. ;)

I do my best I have a imagination ,u keep the opposition guessing ,if u playing a big powerful good in the air centre half play someone who is nimble someone who can beat a man and create space for the rest of the team .

Kelly does that well, Hooper holds the ball up well ,AJLS buzzes about, Robinson runs the channels ,different players for different games.

Kennedy does it well aswell and dodds is the conductor of the orchestra.

Utv

You've been watching a different player to me! :laugh:

He does work hard but he doesn't seem to be hungry enough to score goals .

Maybe he as lost something precious to him and his struggling to motivate himself ,he certainly as not been good enough up to yet a 5/10 player .

I don't mean to sound like a highly motivated individual but I want all our players aiming for 8/10 every game anyone averaging 4/5/6 isn't doing the business.

Archived