onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Any more signings to be made?

Utch

Well, we've had the thread on what you may think is required but has anyone heard anything on what is actually happening? It all seems to have gone quiet with the large influx of players early on, which is OK by me. Will any more be made though?

Pope coming in with Justin going out is the main one being touted. Can't say I'm against that.

Advert

I'd say probably one, in the middle of the pitch. I'm not sure about Morsy yet. He seems to be a first team squad member now but he still lacks that experience needed. If we were to lose both Griff and G-Rob, he'd have to play alongside Loft and we'd be left a wee bit exposed then.

To be fair, I haven't considered James yet. Perhaps this is where he may fill in?

Micky has never really been consistant with his formations. He had a 3-4-3 that seemed to work well, but he didn't like it when the media asked him about it so changed it. Even at Stafford he used 4-4-2 in the first half and 4-3-3 in the second half.

I think to get the best out of Marc Richards we really do have to play 4-4-2. That may not suit Gary Roberts though, but I'd say Marc is more important to us than G-Rob right now.

I hope Morsy gets a decent run out, he was the only good thing to come out of Gannons time with us and deserves a regular place. Roberts future is in his hands, I hope he can keep himself on the straight and narrow but I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe a two footed full back, we seem light there again. Be nice if they could hit a dead ball past the first man too.

True. I think Jim will be hoping Morsy does well too so he can at least put something on his CV from his time with Port Vale!

Right back may be a concern. Who can play there other than Yates? Collins can but it's his weakest position of the back four IMO.

We get overrun in midfield all the time and often need 5 players across the middle to cope.

I don't see why 3.5.2 should not succeed at this level but we don't have the personnel to play that way so Adams will go for 4.4.2 I imagine.

True. I forgot about him as I haven't seen him play yet.

Thw squad looks to be very strong indeed, lots of competiton there and it's been freshened up over the summer.

Micky may well be finished in the transfer market.

Archived