onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Any more signings to be made?

Utch

Guest Inside Right
I'd say probably one, in the middle of the pitch. I'm not sure about Morsy yet. He seems to be a first team squad member now but he still lacks that experience needed. If we were to lose both Griff and G-Rob, he'd have to play alongside Loft and we'd be left a wee bit exposed then.

To be fair, I haven't considered James yet. Perhaps this is where he may fill in?

We want the Pope!

Advert

Don't we?

Tomlinson

Yates Collins McCombe Owen Taylor

Roberts Griff Morsy

Richards Richards

Maybe would work? Maybe worth a go. Not much room to change things if they are going wrong though. Yates probably isn't the best right wing back in the world either.

If the 5-3-2 was to be done, then doug loft would be the first name on my team sheet, him and griff are the only ones within our side too do 90 minutes in a 3 man midfield but at the end of the day... Roberts HAS to be the centre of that midfield wether it be 3-4-3/4-4-2 or 4-3-3

If the 5-3-2 was to be done, then doug loft would be the first name on my team sheet, him and griff are the only ones within our side too do 90 minutes in a 3 man midfield but at the end of the day... Roberts HAS to be the centre of that midfield wether it be 3-4-3/4-4-2 or 4-3-3

Loft! I always forget about Loft!

I agree, Doug Loft is essential to that.

I'm still not sure what sort of player Gary Roberts wants to be so it's hard to know where to put him. He seems to like to come deep for the ball so probably putting him in the middle would be for the best. I put Griff there because of his defensive "qualities".

Any more signings required?
Ideally i'd like to see the starting 11 to be replaced by much higher quality players.

But as thats highly unlikely, it looks like we'll have to settle for a finish of around 11th place again same as the last 2 seasons.

4-2-3-1?? Return of Gannon's total football?

Honestly though.

3-5-2. Means we would be strong and organised at the back. And makes use of what we have.

Thommo

Collins

Boom boom

Owen

Green/Taylor

Loft

Griff

Roberts

Haldane/Rigg/Dodds (who had a good game yday out wide)

Richards

Williamson

A centre forward of some description is required.

Not convinced that Pope is that player mind. I'd prefer someone with genuine pace to give us a threat behind sides as the twins certainly don't have that sort of pace. Williamson form all accounts is pretty quick but I'd like us try to get someone who sides would hate to have running at them and behind them.

3-5-2 would be worth a crack IMHO - didn't we win at QPR playing that and Loft had a blinder at left wing back?

As has been said previously though, not convinced Yates is a right wing back though.

4-4-2 looks the most likely route. I'd be surprised to see much deviation from something like:

Tommo, Yates, Boom, Owen, Collins, Haldane, Roberts, Griff, Loft, Richards, Williamson

In the case of roberts coming deep for the ball and griff defending, then surely we can have an attacking approach to the formation of

Roberts griff

Loft

to then move to a

Griff

Roberts Loft

Archived