onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 6th Oct 2015, FLT, Port Vale v Blackpool, pre-match comments, the match itself

Fosse69

Advert

It really isn't a great money-maker.

There's virtually nothing made in the rounds before the final, and the final comes potentially just when you could do without it (whether that's going up, staying up or pushing for the playoffs).

An FA Cup run would be much better and certainly excites the fans more.

Put the stiffs out for Tuesday and let's get out of this poxy cup.

We only need to win 4 games to reach the final of this competition, the chances of drawing a top team in the FA Cup are slim.

We need to play a strong team and keep the momentum going, Saturday's excellent performance needs to be built on.

It didn't do Bristol City any harm winning the trophy last year.

This is a very winnable game and if we win, will be in the area quarter finals, come on Page, pick the strongest available side.

Id play me strongest team cause winning breeds confidence like when we won the ldv in.2001 we were playing.4 games in a week and playing some tremendous stuff .

Bristol Rovers at home Northampton.away etc .

So my 11

'Alnwick

Purkiss Streete Duffy Dicko

Brown Grant

Moore Foley Andoh

uche

Just one change Brown.for Daniel as he likes to score away that lad .

Push Foley workaholic Foley into the dodds ,aj role and watch him go .

With Uche & Grant getting close to a suspension I'd be tempted to leave them on the bench and only use if we have to, bring Brown & Hooper in instead, a bit harsh on them as I'm sure they want to play but we will need both of them on Saturday more, other than that I'd keep it the same and then hopefully we can get a lead and might get the chance to use the subs later in the game to rest 2 or 3 others.

I think there is a real danger Hooper gets a start before he's ready and the Vale boo boys will have a field day 2 matches in to his career. Andoh got his start when he was ready, I felt Page bowed to internet pressure in starting Campion, which probably knocked back any development by 6 months. I'd certainly start with Brown, because of Grant's suspension if he gets booked and it gives another week for MO'C to get fit. Up front I'd be tempted to start AJLS or Dodds with Daniel. I think McGivern also needs a run out as he is the only centre-half cover until Christmas, maybe I'd rest Duffy. I wouldn't be shocked if Birchall also gets a game and Andoh and Moore rotate a half each - thought he had a decent game in the last leg, although he doesn't offer the same ability to beat a man as the alternatives.

That will be the change as soon as O'Connor is fit. Change Brown for MO'C and I think that's what Page sees as his first 11, maybe Dodds instead of Andoh and Foley on the left.

Id play me strongest team cause winning breeds confidence like when we won the ldv in.2001 we were playing.4 games in a week and playing some tremendous stuff .

So my 11

'Alnwick

Brown Grant

Moore Foley Andoh

uche

I almost agree with your team, Id just keep Daniel as he needs a run, swap Foley for Brown and if Brown is a bit knacked after an hour, give Foley a run or Birchall. If Grant or Ikpeazu look like they are close to a booking, swap them for a sub too - and maybe a last 20 mins for Hooper or AJ, perhaps replacing Andoh if he is tiring.

Dwpends on how the game goes - this one wont be easy as they are not rubbish any more, won the last two and I expect a similar game to the 1st rd v Carlisle at home. Vale on penalties with a 2900 gate.

So my 11

'Alnwick

Brown Grant

Moore Foley Andoh

uche

Remember that season well, 2nd half of that season had some cracking performances. I remember that Northampton game away well, could have been 8 up at half time, one of the best shows from a Vale team. Also remember going Bristol Rovers away on the Monday and we then played Oxford away the next day.

Why wkould you drop Daniel, who had his best game for Vale two days ago and very nearly scored twice!?

For a defensive midfielder too, against the most shambolic team in the entire FL. Amazing.

Its my opinion who says ive dropped him the lad has stepped up and delivered v fleetwood and Sheffield utd i didnt say he hadnt .

Would like c AJ ,Birchall and To a lesser extent Hooper step and deliver .

Like i say a sub can be a saviour ,a matchwinner ,a game changer ,early in the season it was just tge starting 11 and streete ,now Daniel has stepped up so that can only be good for the manager cause now he can drag players off who r having a bad day at the office and know in the players who have suddenly started been at it they can be trusted to be at it .

I dont care who he plays as long as everyone is full pelt and at it ,like Andoh worked his proverbials off sat and was terrific .

Blackpool have back to back wins, maybe it is a more difficult game now?

Blackpool are playing several fringe players tonight, this despite their league game next Saturday being postponed already. This has to be a great chance to progress now, the bookies have of course taken note of their line up tonight, the Vale price for a win has been tumbling all day accordingly...........

Archived