onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

If Mark Sims...

Bluedevil

That is not true (you are posting some tripe this morning!). The simple truth of the matter is that the reduction in revenue is far too great for them to sustain, hence the scrambling round for investment. Sadly, I think their reputation is preceding them and no one will buy into it- they've had to go all the way to America to find anyone that will entertain them for more than five minutes for Christ's sake!

I simply do not understand your blind faith in Bill Bratt. The man has lied constantly, has been obstructive to the democratic process, said he will leave on numerous occasions and generally been nothing but a drain on the club for 8 years. He only stayed in with his own shares- the fans did/ do not want him and ignored a vote of no confidence and therefore has no business being at the club. I'm sorry but the man is a bumbling liability, he's like Boris Johnson on mogadon.

If the remaining three had any love for the club or sense of reality, they would walk. The truth is they can not afford to own a football league club and by remaining in control with no funds, no plan and no future, they are acting selfishly and irresponsibly in the extreme

depends how many people stay away completely i suppose. i rekkon we will get lots more pay on the dayers this season especially if we get off to a good start and even if they only go to half the home games it still gives the club more money than a season ticket would. look at all these coaches we are bringing in we cant be that skint. i want bratty gone you can see my name on starve em out i think. changed my mind tho cus at the end of the day i just love going down the vale and iv accepted the board are goin nowhere quickly plus its looking like its gonna be a good season with the new players and coach setup. would absolutely hate it if he got promotion but i wasnt able to see it

Advert

i no it wont be forgotten but if we get off to a good start then all the people in starve em out will creep back through the gates and there will only be about 10 people protesting. starve em out could actually gain more money for the club over the season as a hole what with people paying double the cost to get in

you are mixing up seo with protesters, the two do not necessarily go hand in hand

you one prayer is based totally on vale starting well, massive gamble my friend

the financial issue is clear, if we have only sold 3000 ST we will need another 2,200 pay on the gate to just break even, not a chance

you are mixing up seo with protesters, the two do not necessarily go hand in hand

you one prayer is based totally on vale starting well, massive gamble my friend

the financial issue is clear, if we have only sold 3000 ST we will need another 2,200 pay on the gate to just break even, not a chance

my boss rekkons your wrong and we will only need to get max 1650 walk ins because the pay on gaters pay double the cost of a season ticket head per game. he said that was based on the first 1,100 people being the walk in figures of last year or summit. **** nos lol

my boss rekkons your wrong and we will only need to get max 1650 walk ins because the pay on gaters pay double the cost of a season ticket head per game. he said that was based on the first 1,100 people being the walk in figures of last year or summit. **** nos lol

tell your boss he needs to check his calculator, he needs to look at our recent accounts and analyze the losses, amount of ST sold and try again.

as we have not attracted any thing near an average of 1600 pay on the gate over recent seasons even if he was right we will still loose a shed load of money

You best start looking for a new job then if thats your boss saying that.

So your is saying that we need an average home attendance of only 4750?

How is he in business?:drink::drink:

depends how many people stay away completely i suppose. i rekkon we will get lots more pay on the dayers this season especially if we get off to a good start and even if they only go to half the home games it still gives the club more money than a season ticket would. look at all these coaches we are bringing in we cant be that skint. i want bratty gone you can see my name on starve em out i think. changed my mind tho cus at the end of the day i just love going down the vale and iv accepted the board are goin nowhere quickly plus its looking like its gonna be a good season with the new players and coach setup. would absolutely hate it if he got promotion but i wasnt able to see it

I think the unannounced increase in pay on the day prices will have the opposite effect. I'm certainly not going to pay 21.50 a game plus whatever it costs to bring my lad along as well....and I'm not even an SEO pledge....I decided not to renew ST because I can't see it going anywhere...

We have only just passed the financial year end of 30th June and the stories are that the Board are desperate for cash now . This suggests that the overdraft limit is close to being reached. There will be no income of any size for approx one month yet there will be a months wages, PAYE, loan repayment, running costs, possibly VAT to pay. In the 30/6/2010 accounts there was £400k in the bank (from season ticket sales etc). So the position has worsened to the tune of

£400k + current overdraft + any delay in paying creditors over last year.

Of course if there is cash in the bank and/or creditors are being paid faster then the pluses could become minuses.

So it is possible that the cash position has worsened by say £500k since last year. This could be attributed to the loss in the last year plus the fall in ST sales.

All theoretical of course.

I have said it many times,I'll wait to see what Mark Sims says when he's seen the books.I think they are hiding something,if they were'nt they must be mad to delay it all this long.If and i mean if,he joins the board there will after be a Big announcement and another cheap option for buying season tickets will come into action, Mark my words!!!!!!!!!!!!!

`as far as i am concerned , my money stays in my pocket until the three remaining clowns are gone, regardless of whether or not mark and malc suggest otherwise.

I am the opposite. If there is change at Boardroom level, and the fans get more of a voice, I'll purchase a season ticket. It would have to be a genuine reflection of the will of the (majority) of shareholders (i.e. not just admitting MS and NLV to the board when they could be outvoted 4-2 every-time). As a result it would likely mean that Adams + 1 other existing director would have to stand down.

Personally I couldn't give two s*its if any of Bratt, Lloyd or Oliver stayed on the board provided that the power was back in the hands of the shareholders. For all those saying that they won't step foot in VP if any of those remain get a grip. You have to be realistic. The three amigos aren't just going to up-sticks tomorrow and decide to leave are they? I think that SEO would gain wider support (even from apathetic fans who have renewed their ST) if the campaign was re-branded as a 'campaign for a shift in the balance of power' as many people view SEO at the moment (regardless of what people say on here) as a campaign for a complete overhaul. In some ways leaving a couple of existing directors in place would help to satisfy a lot of fence sitters.

Problem is, the club needs the money NOW. Can it afford to wait until the end of the season and see how many walk ups we get?

to be fair tho pal you guys did have robbies vote as well so it wasnt completely all fair on the board members.

What was unfair about it? For the past five years Robbie's abstention has greatly increased the Board's percentage shareholdings at the AGMs. Why should the fact that his shares were used this time be unfair?

Also, Robbie has 49,800 shares. The five directors had 66,113. Add to that the shares from Robert Lee and Charles Machin and we reach a total of 78,565.

The Board had a head start of almost 30,000 shares over the Robbie Williams holding. Remind me what the majorities were of the 3 who were re-elected and then tell me that the huge majority of shareholders want these 3 back.

My stance is the same

I will listen to what Mark & Malc say and take a view on the information to hand

Me also. We all complain about the number of backroom staff we are employing and yes the cost are increasing accordingly. This action could be either

a) The board have seen the light and have decided to employ experienced people to get the club running effectively. (has it taken 8+years and a vote of no confidence/protests for them to realise it)

b) The board are surrounding themselves with 'human shields' to prevent the real situation coming out.

I suspect the latter but if it is the former I think we might find they left it too late.

Time will reveal all !!!

Archived