onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

This Site Has Gone Downhill

This Site used to be brilliant. Sadly, the incursion of idiots has alienated most of the great posters of yesteryear and massively curtailed the intelligent offerings of those who still lower themselves to visit. I'm so sorry because I have the utmost respect for Rob and his team of Admins who keep it all going. I wonder if any of them can say that the quality of posts, so apparent in the past, has even come close to being what it was.

I can't take much more of the incessant inanity.

Advert

Some of the crackpot decisions by der management ,hum ha! have provoked a response by long suffering supporters and this site is little different to others,ie very uncomplimentary about certain individuals a couple in particular who've brought in on themselves by their descision making.

Some of the crackpot decisions by der management ,hum ha! have provoked a response by long suffering supporters and this site is little different to others,ie very uncomplimentary about certain individuals a couple in particular who've brought in on themselves by their descision making.

I'm pretty sure TLV was not referring to decision making at the club as you seem to imply - although I may have misunderstood you. He is referring to the constant abusing of posters on here where the poster is attacked rather than his/her opinion. Everyone should have the right to disagree with someone's opinion but I don't personally think that we have the right to abuse someone for holding an opinion with which we disagree. Debate the post, don't abuse the poster.

This Site used to be brilliant. Sadly, the incursion of idiots has alienated most of the great posters of yesteryear and massively curtailed the intelligent offerings of those who still lower themselves to visit. I'm so sorry because I have the utmost respect for Rob and his team of Admins who keep it all going. I wonder if any of them can say that the quality of posts, so apparent in the past, has even come close to being what it was.

one of your pathetic Quotes - simon the hypocrite - Do we get a prize for getting it right?

As Blackpool is so close to Preston, I would imagine the Coasters are being manufactured as we speak

above quote is one of several I have noted and kept where you have continually made snidey remarks about the coasters I gave as prizes more than 5 years ago - in total over 5 times you have done this. Don't you think it is a bit hyporcritial to ask other people to write about the post when EVERY TIME you have done this it has been as an unprovoked stupid attack - the above one I had not been involved in the discussion.

As Jean says Mon'Ami..."...Everyone should have the right to disagree with someone's opinion but I don't personally think that we have the right to abuse someone for holding an opinion with which we disagree. Debate the post, don't abuse the poster."

As for your question..."...I wonder if any of them can say that the quality of posts, so apparent in the past, has even come close to being what it was?"

Personally speaking I believe overall we still get quality posts about all things Port Vale for which I am eternally thankfull.

Speaking as an Admin I can only repeat what I've said many times before: Onevalefan provides a platform for a broad church membership and opinion across a number of 'Forums but mainly Port Vale. Since its inception nearly 20 years ago OVF's membership has changed and grown markedly. Sadly, we have lost a number of OVF members and friends who have since crossed over.

Yours in all things Port Vale,

Barry

Then don't come on here then, simple. Personally I find it pathetic to start a thread on a football fans forum that has nothing to do with our team or football, there's a huge cross section of the general public on any open forum and people will have differing opinions your own so do yourself a favour and climb down from that high horse and lighten up.

Then don't come on here then, simple. Personally I find it pathetic to start a thread on a football fans forum that has nothing to do with our team or football, there's a huge cross section of the general public on any open forum and people will have differing opinions your own so do yourself a favour and climb down from that high horse and lighten up.

It's EXACTLY this type of post I'm referring to. This Forum is called 'Off Topic'. Therefore, this thread is EXACTLY where it should be as it 'has nothing to do with our team or football'. You have perfectly illustrated my point. Cheers.

one of your pathetic Quotes - simon the hypocrite - Do we get a prize for getting it right?

As Blackpool is so close to Preston, I would imagine the Coasters are being manufactured as we speak

above quote is one of several I have noted and kept where you have continually made snidey remarks about the coasters I gave as prizes more than 5 years ago - in total over 5 times you have done this. Don't you think it is a bit hyporcritial to ask other people to write about the post when EVERY TIME you have done this it has been as an unprovoked stupid attack - the above one I had not been involved in the discussion.

I'm sorry that you've taken my Coaster remarks that way. They were only ever meant as a gentle **** take. I offer a full and unreserved apology for any distress I may have caused

I'm bang up for some Vale coasters. What do I have to do to win some?

So you are still coming on here then, why?

I could turn that around by asking why have you posted(twice) on a thread which is, in your inestimable opinion, 'pathetic'? More so, why are you even reading a Forum which you don't believe should exist?

But, to answer your question, I still engage with this site to try and redress the balance referred to in the OP

Archived