onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Friendlies

Santa

Advert

Don't give up your day job of making coasters son.

As we now have a friendly against Getafe, that makes you look like the tw ot you undoubtedly are.:laugh::razz:

Anyone who looks back at your contributions to the site can see that for you to come up with an idea of any sort would be akin to a cockroach inventing a time machine.:laugh:

Teams near L1 level?

All the teams you've mentioned are way, way above L1 level and would have absolutely nothing to gain from playing in a tournament with Vale, Walsall and Shrewsbury.

I already said the countries and teams were mere examples, though I see Getafe are actually playing Vale now so it wasn't totally beyond possibility. Just a work in progress idea, quite happy to see it changed but of course on here, it gets shot down by those who cant offer an alternative.

Nice idea David but I doubt the likes of heerenveen, alkmaar, getafe, espanyol or Malaga would like to take part in a pre season tournament with the likes of vale, Walsall, Shrewsbury and crewe.

Good idea indeed, just too ambitious with the team's mentioned, potentially viable with second or third tier teams from countries like Spain, France, Germany, Italy and Holland though.

Unless teams like Getafe are touring I doubt we would ever play them, which in this case is a bit of a coup for July but with the right thought the original post could have some legs.

Good idea indeed, just too ambitious with the team's mentioned, potentially viable with second or third tier teams from countries like Spain, France, Germany, Italy and Holland though.

Unless teams like Getafe are touring I doubt we would ever play them, which in this case is a bit of a coup for July but with the right thought the original post could have some legs.

They have a game with MK

Saw this earlier.. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3497[/ATTACH]

I found full details of their tour earlier on this;

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/boro-reveal-riverside-friendly-clash-9601151&ct=ga&cd=CAEYACoTODk4NTc0MzI0NzU0NjQ2OTQyMjIaMTE1MjY2YjQwMTk4ODc4Yzpjb206ZW46VVM&usg=AFQjCNGSuOmVs2BLGfEQSfK0we_D7CUDBQ

Looks like they are going to be staying in Cheshire.

I don't really like friendlies but I remember when the last Spanish team played at VP and I enjoyed it...Real treat as they played very good football..

Real Treat? Are they a bit like Real Madrid or Real Sociedad? ;-)

I don't really like friendlies but I remember when the last Spanish team played at VP and I enjoyed it...Real treat as they played very good football..

We had Racing Santander in 2004 (I think it was supposed to have been Osasuna but they pulled out) and then we had Real Oviedo in 1995, the day after we signed Jon McCarthy and Lee Mills IIRC.

Oviedo scored two cracking goals that night, one was a screamer from about 30 yards and the other was a cute lob over Musselwhite.

We had Racing Santander in 2004 (I think it was supposed to have been Osasuna but they pulled out) and then we had Real Oviedo in 1995, the day after we signed Jon McCarthy and Lee Mills IIRC.

Oviedo scored two cracking goals that night, one was a screamer from about 30 yards and the other was a cute lob over Musselwhite.

Your memory is very good Santa, I'd completely forgotten about playing Racing Santander.

Archived