onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

First three games predictions

Burt

Everyone seems to be expecting us to lose against Crawley, but I reckon we'll beat them if Micky gets the players he's after and things go to plan. Similar squad to last season, plus a few additions (goals/creativity/muscle hopefully). Haldane should be fit this time and no one's too disappointed with the players who've left.

So, I'm going to predict 2-1 to Vale in the opening game, followed by a valiant effort at Huddersfield, bringing it back to 1-1 and losing in the second half, I'll say 3-1.

Burton is always a tough one, I'm hoping we can put the past behind us and get the three points. Realistically, I can see it being a 1-1 stalemate.

So, a win, a defeat and a draw.

Would people be satisfied with that?

Would any stay-aways be half-tempted back to Vale park is we win all those games, and the next one away at Barnet?

Despite the goings on off the pitch, and the board doing their best to **** things up for everyone, I don't see a reason why we shouldn't be able to challenge for at least the play-offs this season. It's easy to say we're in a mess etc, but what big players have we lost? We have the manager who got us to top of the league by 4 points in November (or somewhere round there) back, fresh faces, young players have more experience under their belts, and let's not forget that other teams have their problems, too. There are some poor teams in this league, with little money/support, and there will be surprise strugglers as always.

Am I being too optimistic? I just can't bare not getting excited about the new season.

Advert

Would love it if we beat creepy Crawley!

so would i!

i live near crawley and hate the fact that they are walking about expecting league 2 to be a walkover....hope vale bring them back down to earth with a loud bang!

vale win 2-0, lose against huddersfield (although if its 3-1 at half time we always have a chance haha)

and a gd draw against burton.

you never know we may sneak a win!===

Not being able to compete with the wage bill and transfer funds of Crawley ****ing town is an utter embarrassment and a pathetic indictment of the apathy of some of our supporters.

That being said Burt you want predictions?

Crawley 1-3

Hudds 1-3

Burton 0-0

EDIT. Our 3rd game is against Barnet. So il go another defeat. 0-2.

Not being able to compete with the wage bill and transfer funds of Crawley ****ing town is an utter embarrassment and a pathetic indictment of the apathy of some of our supporters.

I'd say it was more a sad indictment on the state of football governance tbh. Clubs should pay their way not leech off sugar daddies.

I can see us beating crawley, Mickey will fire the boys up and historically we tend to do better against stronger teams.

Draw at huddersfield

We'll beat Burton too I reckon.

This squad with this manager were top of the league seven months ago, I know others have strengthened but we should be in with a shout.

That being said Burt you want predictions?

Crawley 1-3

Hudds 1-3

Burton 0-0

EDIT. Our 3rd game is against Barnet. So il go another defeat. 0-2.

Hmmm, forget Crawley Town as I think it's ridiculous the amount of money they've had. But yes, I'm sure our budget this season compared to when V2001 took over isn't quite the same...

I'd say it was more a sad indictment on the state of football governance tbh. Clubs should pay their way not leech off sugar daddies.

The problem at Vale is it's the board leeching from the fans and putting the ground at risk by taking out the huge council loan. How much of that council loan has gone in Bratt & co's back pocket ? We might never know as the board are blocking Mark Simms due diligence ===

Very few teams will be competing with Crawley spending-wise, so there's no point getting frustrated about that and blaming the board, but it takes more than hard cash to build a good team. I reckon Micky can get our team going again and I would agree with the win one, draw one lose one start, but not necessarily the same order!

Very few teams will be competing with Crawley spending-wise, so there's no point getting frustrated about that and blaming the board, but it takes more than hard cash to build a good team. I reckon Micky can get our team going again and I would agree with the win one, draw one lose one start, but not necessarily the same order!

Crawley already have a good team spirit and have far more quality than us. Plus thay will come full of confidence.

0-3 Crawley

4-1 Huddersfield

1-0 Barnet.

Archived