onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Scum of the lowest kind

Bea Smith

Advert

Such a good cause descends into personal insults..very sad

Because a couple of people posted provocative posts, almost laughing at the 'good cause'.

For my part, I hardly consider that 'baby' is much of an insult if that is what you are referring to.

If you agree it is a good cause, I do hope you will back that thought up with your electronic signature on what you see as an appropriate petition, even if you don't like the one to Mr Cameron

https://www.change.org/p/david-camer...-fox-hunting-2

An alternative http://www.save-me.org.uk/FOX_how-can_you_help.html (got into this thru being a big Queen/Brian May fan)

I have to say I detect a note of sanctimony, as predicted on my opening post that 'those who like to argue' would get involved, just a little surprised you didn't spoil the thread earlier.

I want to ban foxes from hunting those poor chickens, who stands up for the chickens thats what I want to know :ninja:

What point are you actually trying to make? The people who have defended fox hunting, have only managed to come up with the arguments that foxes are clever and therefore choose to be the victim, and be torn apart. And this. It would seem that rational arguments and in short supply for the pro camp?

You are arguing against those against the sport but don't actually make any point apart from a bit of a wind up.

What point are you actually trying to make? The people who have defended fox hunting, have only managed to come up with the arguments that foxes are clever and therefore choose to be the victim, and be torn apart. And this. It would seem that rational arguments and in short supply for the pro camp?

You are arguing against those against the sport but don't actually make any point apart from a bit of a wind up.

Of course its a wind-up, and JA is doing the same, he's just more subtle (or should that be devious). It takes a special talent to appear to agree with someone yet still manage to undermine the point, hope he is pleased with his efforts.

Pls consider this as well/instead http://www.save-me.org.uk/FOX_how-can_you_help.html

Brian May's campaigns are worthy and high profile and whilst I don't agree with many of the tactics used by those against the badger cull (which is huge news down here) I disagree with the cull even more.

http://www.save-me.org.uk/BAD_badgersME.html

Incidentally I met Brian May when he visited our local observatory..well I say 'met'..I was there and so was he. Seemed a thoroughly nice chap and is clearly deeply passionate about subjects that interest him.

http://www.sidmouthherald.co.uk/home/pictures_brian_may_opens_new_dome_1_1388501

What point are you actually trying to make? The people who have defended fox hunting, have only managed to come up with the arguments that foxes are clever and therefore choose to be the victim, and be torn apart..

There is no defence nor rational argument in favour..those that participate just don't want to admit that they do it cos they enjoy it and those that argue it's a means of pest control ignore the fact that there are much more effective methods available.

Anyways, as I and others have pointed out this is really about breeding foxes specifically for hunting purposes which as I've said before is just sick.

If we can't even have a rational conversation about this, it's best to leave it to the higher powers. That's why they're running the country and making a few decisions whilst the rest of us bicker in cyberspace.

If Mike wants to hunt, let him hunt!

If we can't even have a rational conversation about this, it's best to leave it to the higher powers. That's why they're running the country and making a few decisions whilst the rest of us bicker in cyberspace.

If Mike wants to hunt, let him hunt!

That is probably the worst argument for anything I have ever seen or heard - leave it to the higher powers ?

Do you really have such a low opinion of yourself that you consider politicians - especially ones like Blair, Cameron and most American leaders plus Sepp Blatter and his friends, Robert Mugabe, the Saudi royal family and dozens more - to be 'higher powers' - if you do, try telling that to the Hillsborough families, those struck down with Gulf War syndrome, the parents of the abused children from Rotherham and many other places.

Not to mention those who fawed over and feted SIR Jimmy Savile, those who lied to imprison the Guildford and Birmingham Irish prisoners, all the people in Iraq who died for invisible weapons of mass destruction... how many more examples do you want of what happens when you let 'the higher powers' decide things without open debate or accountability ?

http://www.foxmanonline.org.uk/

They just don't get it do they? No one is attacking the rural way of life nor freedoms etc...it's simply that the vast majority of people see fox hunting as cruel and unnecessary. The fact that so many of the grounds for repeal on this site are based on technicalities re the law as is and not on any argument as to why fox hunting is in any way a 'good thing' says it all really http://www.foxmanonline.org.uk/repeal.html

Breeding foxes to hunt is clearly cruel, breeding animals purely to kill for sport is cruel. I do not live in the country only visit so could not comment on if they need culling or not and how often a cull should be called. Whether fox hunting is the best way to cull them is doubtful though, I personally do not understand it I would not involve myself in it. But I do not live in the country. As a city dweller I get annoyed at cruelty to dogs in particularly I would find it harder to be cruel to an animal than a person if that makes sense, I just do not get the whole beating the b'jesus out of your dog.

Archived