onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mark Sims is the key

cplowe1

I even checked the spelling of his name. One "m". Mark Sims is definitely a Vale fan and definitely a very smart business man. He has been asked to join the board before several times. So the current board can do business with him. If he accepts, I think he will call the shots, even if he is formally in a minority. Mo Choudry might be invited in, that's up to Sims. But in my opinion Mr Chaudry is now more a celebrity than a business man. Check out the Lee/botched EGM situation. I will change my mind on this when the threatened legal action happens (Mr LB?) but my guess is that it won't. So to paraphrase sportinglife.com text commentary; Mark Sims is the key man.

Advert

I even checked the spelling of his name. One "m". Mark Sims is definitely a Vale fan and definitely a very smart business man. He has been asked to join the board before several times. So the current board can do business with him. If he accepts, I think he will call the shots, even if he is formally in a minority. Mo Choudry might be invited in, that's up to Sims. But in my opinion Mr Chaudry is now more a celebrity than a business man. Check out the Lee/botched EGM situation. I will change my mind on this when the threatened legal action happens (Mr LB?) but my guess is that it won't. So to paraphrase sportinglife.com text commentary; Mark Sims is the key man.

The trouble is Chris has Mark GOT the key to check the books yet. :unsure:

The trouble is Chris has Mark GOT the key to check the books yet. :unsure:

Haven't the foggiest. He should have, as a director elect. Just saying, in principle..to me this is the key factor. If the board make it impossible for him take up his democratically elected position I will join the coffin marchers. I hope I don't have to.

I'm sorry cp but after the double dealing way he was treated before the EGM I cant see him going on the board without serious 'back up'. Mark is no fool and he wouldn't put up with the 'Bratt pack' for 5 minutes I'm afraid.

After all they haven't even let him have the books as I'm aware.

Why doesn't Mark just get in there, accept the position he's been elected to and then he can see everything he wants to see? If he doesn't like it he can quit.

Agreed. All this ***** footing around is p I s s I n g me off ,just get in there and do somert,

Mark Sims was elected at the EGM by the clubs owners and has a right to see the books and before signing up as a Director needs to do "due dilligence".....

it has been three weeks and it seems that the club have still not let Mark Sims look at the books.This is all highly suspicious.

It was the democratic wishes of the owners that Mark Sims gets to look at the books and consider options while it was also the democratic result of the EGM that the Board had a vote of no confidence and were voted out of power.......this dodgy postal vote for Micky Adams has been used to go against the express wishes of the shareholders at the EGM that took power away from the Board and called for their resignation with a vote of no confidence.

Micky Adams Directorship is not for footballing reasons at all and is about the Board buying and transfering shares....about deals to turn loans and sponsorship into equity...and once they have 51% Mark Sims is automatically UN-ELECTED without seeing the books.

The real emergency wasn't players it was that somebody might see the books.

The Financial controller has been sent on a long holiday and the club secretary has been less than helpfull with forms while a confidentiality agreement to silence and control Mark Sims has also been put forward as another stalling tactic.

So you have actually no idea if Sims has seen the books then.

Agreed. All this ***** footing around is p I s s I n g me off ,just get in there and do somert,

Would you buy a house unseen on the internet without a survey, I wouldnt, I dont think MS would either. Remember it is not his money, Robbie is backing him, it is one thing risking your own reputation, but not someone elses. Its his mind to make up when he is ready.

Archived