onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

HERO D-Day Vetran

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

I have the utmost respect for a true hero and can't imagine what it was like for him 70 years ago but if God forbid,something similar happened today,who would fight for who in today's Britain?

We have nowhere near anything like the National Identity we had in the forties and there would be a significant number of people whom would feel little connection to where they live,so why give their lives for a community or a country they have little feeling for,except as a place to live and work?

But no matter all the cultural "Watering down" of that Great spirit of coming together the Brits continually show under duress,I doubt that we would NOT rise to the occasion like previous generations.

We would but I guess there would just be less of us that felt this way.

I have the utmost respect for a true hero and can't imagine what it was like for him 70 years ago but if God forbid,something similar happened today,who would fight for who in today's Britain?

We have nowhere near anything like the National Identity we had in the forties and there would be a significant number of people whom would feel little connection to where they live,so why give their lives for a community or a country they have little feeling for,except as a place to live and work?

But no matter all the cultural "Watering down" of that Great spirit of coming together the Brits continually show under duress,I doubt that we would NOT rise to the occasion like previous generations.

We would but I guess there would just be less of us that felt this way.

The main thing put into place so it wouldnt have to happen again was the European union. Despite how much you despise it, and the 'watering down' of the great spirit, the last couple of generations havent had to live through 2 awful wars like ww1 and 2 partly because of that. You give an over simplistic, blinkered view with your post.

Agree with the rest, seeing the vetrans still doing their duty and remembering their comrades is one of the few things that can cut through my cynicism and make me truly proud. You dont need to use the heroism of the greatest generation to make silly political points.

The main thing put into place so it wouldnt have to happen again was the European union. Despite how much you despise it, and the 'watering down' of the great spirit, the last couple of generations havent had to live through 2 awful wars like ww1 and 2 partly because of that. You give an over simplistic, blinkered view with your post.

Agree with the rest, seeing the vetrans still doing their duty and remembering their comrades is one of the few things that can cut through my cynicism and make me truly proud. You dont need to use the heroism of the greatest generation to make silly political points.

Andy I think you are blinkered if you can not see what is happening to this country WE are losing our identity the country is segregated mainly due to minorities wanting there own communities if you really can't see this you are deluded

Andy I think you are blinkered if you can not see what is happening to this country WE are losing our identity the country is segregated mainly due to minorities wanting there own communities if you really can't see this you are as deluded as I am stupid and xenophobic

Who can blame people for not wanting to share airspace with blinkered, racist, semi-literate goons like yourself?

Andy I think you are blinkered if you can not see what is happening to this country WE are losing our identity the country is segregated mainly due to minorities wanting there own communities if you really can't see this you are deluded

Whats our identity? WHats happening to our country? How is it segregated?

Who can blame people for not wanting to share airspace with blinkered, racist, semi-literate goons like yourself?

I'm not racist you moron I take people at face value how I find them .you sir are semi literate do you really want a religion in this country that glorifies stoning women and men to death whether you agree or not they are trying to implement this into Britain today so do we bury our heads in the sand like a few of you or do we stand up for our country

Whats our identity? WHats happening to our country? How is it segregated?

Andy we've had this discussion before you know what our identity is you know what's hap ping to our country and you know why it's slowly being segregated so I'm not going to waste my time going over old ground

Not trying to make political points at all,just comparing generations and their allegiance to the country.

Archived