onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hillsborough anniversary

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

That's a nice touch.

Every year it disturbs me how so many went to do something as basic as watching a game of football and never came home. That day wasn't a Liverpool tragedy or even a football tragedy, it was a human tragedy. In my book it is only right that those lost are shown the respect they deserve and the people that were left behind have their bravery and determination to discover the truth acknowledged.

JFT96

"The Football Association announce that all FA Cup, Premier League, Football League and Conference matches taking place on the weekend of 11-14 April will kick-off seven minutes later than originally scheduled to honour Hillsborough anniversary."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/26353555

Thats a great call from the FA.Well done credit to you.More importantly respect to the 96.

More importantly high time the matter was finally laid to rest with criminal prosecution of those who tried and succeeded for many years in perverting the course of justice. Credit to the FA for the appropriate remembrance and it would be even more appropriate for the FA to announce an end to the "safe" standing nonsense the same day.

"The Football Association announce that all FA Cup, Premier League, Football League and Conference matches taking place on the weekend of 11-14 April will kick-off seven minutes later than originally scheduled to honour Hillsborough anniversary."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/26353555

Why would someone give you a thumbs down for posting that? I just don't understand that.

More importantly high time the matter was finally laid to rest with criminal prosecution of those who tried and succeeded for many years in perverting the course of justice. Credit to the FA for the appropriate remembrance and it would be even more appropriate for the FA to announce an end to the "safe" standing nonsense the same day.

I echo you sentiments entirely, a horribly sad day. I'm sure I was at a Vale game when the news came through at half time. I still remember watching the scenes on the TV that night not being able to take in actually what had happened.

Can't begin to imagine the suffering the victims family faced and the incomprehensible lies and pain caused by those that covered things up and lied to protect themselves and blame the Liverpool fans that attended.

Very good touches from the FA, credit to them.

Some people give a thumbs down to the poster not the post... childish I know :moreconfusion:

The thumbs down option is the only negative of a brilliant site for me, it would be far better if it was thumbs up or nothing as the two options.

Really puts it into perspective when people use the thumbs down on such sensitive threads like this, sad enditement on society when people use that instead of reasoning debate :(

Best thing about the mobile site is that you don't see them.

Would that be the safe standing that works so successfully in Germany? Or would that be the safe standing that happens every weekend in all-seater and terraced grounds in this country ?

Why would someone give you a thumbs down for posting that? I just don't understand that.

Did someone do that? Probably some saddo who has nothing better to do just cos it's me who posted it; or is that me being paranoid:unsure:

Anyway..lots more "activities" planned to cooemmorate this and some interesting quotes from Greg Dyke on how the FA didn't do enough to support the families. I know at the time it was very much blamed on the fans and so some at the FA probably didn't feel much empathy but regardless the FA as the governor of the game had a duty to those so affected by what happened at on of their events

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-pitch/news/dyke-fa-lacked-compassion-over-hillsborough_145795.html

Archived