onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

OVF - Fan's backlash?

andy jones

You say this like it's something new! The Wonder of Port Vale page on facebook is a much better place for expressing views regarding Vale than here. I still come to read on here but reading the same old posters with the same old sly digs against our manager, our chairman, our wingers, our strikers, etc (see a pattern?) gets more than a little boring.

Is this the site that said a vale fan had been stabbed and a 10 year old child had been savaged by a police dog during the wolves game?

Advert

TP - he is moaning about people starting rumours that they cannot substantiate.

The fans who bought the limited edition shirt have every right to be moaning.

The problem may be that OVF (unlike the oatcake) does have a reputation to defend as a genuinely good discussion site for fans - At the moment I believe it is damaging itself with some of the posts.

It seems to me that no matter how much postive improvement is made to the way our club is run both on and off the field the mentality of some posters is to always try and find a negative and if they can't find a negative fact they start a negative rumour which unfortunately festers.

Simply pathetic from Smurthwaite if he's moaning about this site. People are entitled to express their views in the same way that people can choose to ignore them. Now he's stopped playing the clown in the local pub the harsh realities of running a club have hit home. He needs to knuckle down and stick to the task of building the club up again after administration. This means less daft tweets about sweetie jars and more information about things such as £55k that has been taken in good faith for a shirt that still hasn't arrived and no straight answer on why and when it will. That's what matters to the fans who put their hard earned money into supporting the club.......

Agreed. When are we storming the boardroom demanding he resign?

But it was ok for the former Chairmen to mention this site when you had his back to the wall ? Week after week there are rumours and counter rumours regarding our club Those ITK who think they know everything putting out little snippets of info just to prove they are bigger Vale fans than others.I don't blame NS one bit for mentioning this site as being a major voice where Vale and his issues are concerned but only representing the minority,Get yourself down into Burslem and have a straw poll on what Vale fans think of NS and then another on there feelings on OVF and I bet NS is far more popular.NS we owe you a lot we are flying high in a division most people put us as one of fav for relegation. We have great facilities (sorry you didn't finish the Lorne St wow!!)and a Chairman who is the most approachable guy you will meet. Get off his and the Clubs back.

Kenty - I agree with your views and I believe it to be the case that oVF is in danger of losing its reputation.

I also believe that without OVF the main protagonists in the war would not have got together and been able to form such a formidable opponent.

V2001 tried to win with rumours - we stuck to facts ... that's why we won.

Simply pathetic from Smurthwaite if he's moaning about this site. People are entitled to express their views in the same way that people can choose to ignore them. Now he's stopped playing the clown in the local pub the harsh realities of running a club have hit home. He needs to knuckle down and stick to the task of building the club up again after administration. This means less daft tweets about sweetie jars and more information about things such as £55k that has been taken in good faith for a shirt that still hasn't arrived and no straight answer on why and when it will. That's what matters to the fans who put their hard earned money into supporting the club.......
Explained in the Sentinel, lead story of the day?

TP - In his shoes I would not use social media as its such a double edged sword.

So many egos feel the need to tweet info directly from the top rather than utilise the line managers that are paid to do the job.

My concern is simple - I just want OVF to retain its reputation and at the present moment in time its in danger of isolating itself from the main fan-base.

TP - In his shoes I would not use social media as its such a double edged sword.

So many egos feel the need to tweet info directly from the top rather than utilise the line managers that are paid to do the job.

My concern is simple - I just want OVF to retain its reputation and at the present moment in time its in danger of isolating itself from the main fan-base.

What reputation? OVF has long been seen as a hive of negativity and constant anti vale posts amongst Valiants I know, young and old.

Do you really think OVF/PVFC is any different to any other club? We will all be here long after Smurf has buggered off, he needs to sort his ego out and start being professional and stop this bitchy pub talk albeit in the form of Twitter.

Do you really think OVF/PVFC is any different to any other club? We will all be here long after Smurf has buggered off, he needs to sort his ego out and start being professional and stop this bitchy pub talk albeit in the form of Twitter.

NS is starting to isolate himself from fans. It's all very sad but entirely predictable.

As long as he's got cocks like Lodey involved he's got no chance.

Long live OVF and all of the bull**** that we all post at times.

I think its the other way round Al - more like OVF becoming a small clique of negativity.

It would be interesting to know some analytics on OVF over the season as to what level of traffic there is. My gut feeling is that many 'serious' posters have either stopped posting or post very little compared to previously.

Personally as you know I wish there would be a CEO appointed and certain staff changes but I also recognise that NS owns the club now not me (and 1,000 or so others)

Archived