onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adnan Januzaj

For Us All

Tony Cascarino was a typical example of how desperate the Irish were,he was born in England but represented the Republic of Ireland,qualifying through his Irish grandfather.However,he later revealed that his mother told him in 1996 that she was adopted and therefore no blood relative to the grandfather. Cascarino said in his autobiography: "I didn't qualify for Ireland.I was a fraud.A fake Irishman".The adoption of his mother gained her the right to Irish citizenship and he was eligible.

Advert

Tony Cascarino was a typical example of how desperate the Irish were,he was born in England but represented the Republic of Ireland,qualifying through his Irish grandfather.However,he later revealed that his mother told him in 1996 that she was adopted and therefore no blood relative to the grandfather. Cascarino said in his autobiography: "I didn't qualify for Ireland.I was a fraud.A fake Irishman".The adoption of his mother gained her the right to Irish citizenship and he was eligible.

Some would argue he was a bit of a fake footballer too! ;)

How about a new rule, you can only play for the country that you play your league football in? :D

I suppose that would be one way of increasing the number of English players we have.

Everyone at the top of the game has been so busy congratulating themselves for creating the Premier League and so focused on patting themselves on the back for bumper tv deals that they forgot to look after the soul of English football,the national team.

I suppose that would be one way of increasing the number of English players we have.

Everyone at the top of the game has been so busy congratulating themselves for creating the Premier League and so focused on patting themselves on the back for bumper tv deals that they forgot to look after the soul of English football,the national team.

Clarke Carlisle wades in.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/435800/EXCLUSIVE-England-will-be-left-behind-by-ignoring-likes-of-Januzaj-says-Clarke-Carlisle

Agreed. What amazes me is that people in the FA just don't seem to see it coming, or blatantly ignore the obvious.

This was a concern right at the beginning of the Premier League and was passed off as English players will improve because they will more regularly play against the top players from around the world. They missed the point that clubs want to win at all costs and so will just spend to get where they want, to the detriment of the national team.

This is a quote from Steven Gerrard from this article.

But we have to give it time. It's not going to happen overnight.

We've been saying things like this for decades. Nothing happens. And I seriously doubt anything ever really will. The national team will decline further imo.

Man City and Chelsea don't have a 25/30 goal a season striker and, as Utd (and Vale) proved last year, they often hide a lot of faults elsewhere on the pitch. Utd will be top 2 at the end of the season, at least.

That's a right load of nonsense to be fair.

If he stays fit throughout the season the Augero will score 25 goals easily, and Negredo could come close to that. At Chelsea, Torres, Ba and Eto'o will rotate and they'll score at least 35 goals between them.

Chelsea will get better as the season goes on, as United perhaps will. But I think it will be between City and Chelsea for the title, maybe even Arsenal if they have a bit more luck with injuries and invest on another good forward in the January window. United will finish 3rd or 4th this season, at best, and I'm more than happy to have a little wager on that with you if you're interested? £20-£40 goes to a charity of our choice?

Didn't everyone hype Macheda in the same way? Look at him now, on loan at Doncaster.

Typical English press mentality, overhype someone based on one or two performances.

I can't remember him really being hyped that much at all to be honest. He score within seconds of coming on as a substitute to score an important goal for United, that obviously was headline news, and then score a lucky goal in the following game.

It's clear to see than Januzaj is an extremely gifted football player, his touch and technique are superb and he seems to have a mentality to match which not all young footballers have. Whether he will go on to be a world-beater though only time will tell.

If he stays fit throughout the season the Augero will score 25 goals easily, and Negredo could come close to that. At Chelsea, Torres, Ba and Eto'o will rotate and they'll score at least 35 goals between them.

Chelsea will get better as the season goes on, as United perhaps will. But I think it will be between City and Chelsea for the title, maybe even Arsenal if they have a bit more luck with injuries and invest on another good forward in the January window. United will finish 3rd or 4th this season, at best, and I'm more than happy to have a little wager on that with you if you're interested? £20-£40 goes to a charity of our choice?

You're on, Beechy. What are the terms of this bet? £20 to a charity of the winner's choice says Utd finish outside the top 2 of the Premier League?

You're on, Beechy. What are the terms of this bet? £20 to a charity of the winner's choice says Utd finish outside the top 2 of the Premier League?

Yeah buddy, that's it!

Though I've lost my last two wagers if I'm being honest, but my luck has to change sometime. :D

I dare bet that Romelu Lukaku,who the 'Special One' loaned out to Everton,will outscore any of the Chelsea strikers this season.Strange decision that one.

I dare bet that Romelu Lukaku,who the 'Special One' loaned out to Everton,will outscore any of the Chelsea strikers this season.Strange decision that one.

Probably. He's a better forward than Demba Ba, who is quite similar In style, so it was surprising. He even scored quite a few goals in pre-season for them.

Archived