onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adnan Januzaj

For Us All

I couldn't give a funkies muck about who he's entitled to play for or who, where and why he plays at present,a good game against poor defenders does not a star make besides the rarified atmosphere of the premier league does tend to make gobby knowalls somewhat light headed and come out with lorry loads of bulls droppings.

Advert

Can I just point out, as no-one seems to have mentioned

this, that, over time, the player in question would qualify for British citzenship (there isn't an English citizenship in the legal sense) and therefore he would be able to play for England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

Maybe if he's daft enough then he will have turned down Belgium to play for Wales! ;)

Can I just point out, as no-one seems to have mentioned this, that, over time, the player in question would qualify for British citzenship (there isn't an English citizenship in the legal sense) and therefore he would be able to play for England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

Actually that brings about a decent point then. When he qualifies as a British Citizen he can choose between the 4 countries, i'm a British Citizen and I can't! :(

I saw in the paper this morning that Jack Wiltshire had said on Twitter that if he had lived in Spain for 5 years, despite qualifying to play for Spain,he would still pick England.

It was pointed out that he probably would not make the Spanish squad so no need to worry about it.

REP

You could if you had grandparents or parents from the country in question (Giggs for Wales for example) or if you were born off the British mainland. For example, Matt Le Tissier as a Channel Islander could have played for any of the UK teams and was asked by - but turned down - Scotland.

I know i just think its unfair that he as a British Citizen could take his pick and i as a British Citizen could only play for the country of my birth or rely on where my ancestors were born.

It just seems imigrants have more rights.

I saw in the paper this morning that Jack Wiltshire had said on Twitter that if he had lived in Spain for 5 years, despite qualifying to play for Spain,he would still pick England.

It was pointed out that he probably would not make the Spanish squad so no need to worry about it.

I do love the fantasy worlds in which footballers live. He wouldn't even get near to their 3rd team!

I also see Rooney has come out and said our striking options are the best we have had since he's been involved! Cue us winning the World Cup with that array of crap.... sorry talent leading us to glory! ;)

Quite right.

Didn't Macheda score two in his first two united games, got talked up, then went 25 games without a goal and is now at Doncaster?

The Januzaj did look a classy player but this whole thing is a circus.

Interesting debate it's raised though. For me it's country of birth or parents. What is the point of international sport if you can come from just about anywhere as long as you jump through a few hoops to represent a country?

Archived