onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our Pusscat

JOHNNYAITCH

Pusscat came from the Blue Cross..owner left her with neighbours whilst they went away and then just didn't come back

Still outside lying on her favourite blanket..although she did have a little walk to the neighbours garden about an hour ago..but was to kn'ckered to walk back ;(

Advert

One of our cats died about 10 years ago. She had a kidney failure which meant she deteriorated quickly :( We were debating on whether to have her put down, but then when she went out for a bit one day, we never saw her again :( I just hope she found somewhere peacefully and went quickly once settled.

Pets become part of the family, so it is always upsetting when you lose one. Especially one that has been so affectionate and adored by the rest of the family. Another of my mum's cats is 15 and a half now and struggling by the month. But surprisingly, still not too bad!!! Be sad when he goes, because we've had him from birth.

My two that got bitten by snakes were never affectionate, both feral kittens rescued when we lived in chiang mai. one was all black the other multi coloured [sooty and sweep]. Sweep was always out and about hunting something or other, when she was bitten she made it home and found her favourite sleeping spot to die in, sooty only managed to reach the front gate. They are both buried in the garden with my wifes dog [chang] who used to hunt snakes and bite their heads off... he died of old age.

It depends on where you are going really, it happens in the off the beaten track villages and border villages but not in the tourist spots. Its common near the boarders to see people buying the animals with plastic goods to take back and sometimes they come down as far as our village. They usually come from Laos or Cambodia and like Vietnam it can be found on the menu in some cafes.

Its not common here but it does happen and given the circumstances of some people I cant blame them for it... they are not seen as pets in most cases, just animals, and as such are not cared for like in the UK although there is a tendency for the Thais to dress up the smaller dogs in coats and jumpers but thats usually in and around the cities.

There are a lot more dogs here than cats and they are a driving hazard when out of the cities... apart from the dressed up dogs its unusual to see a Thai actually touching a dog so be careful if you feel tempted to give one a stroke or pat [dog that is, not a Thai]

Thanks for that, good to hear.

I'm sticking mainly to tourist destinations such as Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi, Khao Lak etc. to visit friends out there in the tourist industry.

Pusscat left us at approx 17:00 yesterday. It was rather traumatic as she fought right until the end despite being given a sedative

She is now at home wrapped in her favourite blanket and the wife and I will bury her in the front garden later today

Didn't expect it to feel this bad..silly really :(

Pusscat left us at approx 17:00 yesterday. It was rather traumatic as she fought right until the end despite being given a sedative

She is now at home wrapped in her favourite blanket and the wife and I will bury her in the front garden later today

Didn't expect it to feel this bad..silly really :(

Not at all, like it or not they do become a massive part of your life as you see them everyday.

Thinking of you JA :(

Archived