onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Distraction

geosname

I didnt want to start another new thread about the forthcoming GM but I think we are in danger of getting distracted.

The meeting is not about defending Mo from attacks from the board. Its not about accepting Mos bid, Its not about Mo at all.

Instead of fragmenting our resources and attention why dont we unify on what the meeting is really about?

Look at the agenda..... look at the motions to be voted upon.... concentrate on those.

Its not about getting Mo IN...... its about getting the furtive five OUT

Advert

I didnt want to start another new thread about the forthcoming GM but I think we are in danger of getting distracted.

The meeting is not about defending Mo from attacks from the board. Its not about accepting Mos bid, Its not about Mo at all.

Instead of fragmenting our resources and attention why dont we unify on what the meeting is really about?

Look at the agenda..... look at the motions to be voted upon.... concentrate on those.

Its not about getting Mo IN...... its about getting the furtive five OUT

'Furtive Five'...good one Geo :laugh:

I agree 100% with both of you guys. Lets look at things as they stand.

Vile 2001 proven incompetents and bad for our club. These then must be our priority. Their latest piece of literature highlights their childish manner. Its not what they will achieve but more about slagging the man that they clearly fear and despise. Very sad.

I agree 100% with both of you guys. Lets look at things as they stand.

Vile 2001 proven incompetents and bad for our club. These then must be our priority. Their latest piece of literature highlights their childish manner. Its not what they will achieve but more about slagging the man that they clearly fear and despise. Very sad.

And I also agree. The problem, as I see it, is that too many people don't see it that way. They automatically think that the two are linked. Yes, we're hoping that we have a buyer waiting in the wings, but still too many folk i've spoken too insist that they'd rather keep the current encumbents rather than Mo!!

Try as I might to explain they just don't get it! It's like :banghead:

And I also agree. The problem, as I see it, is that too many people don't see it that way. They automatically think that the two are linked. Yes, we're hoping that we have a buyer waiting in the wings, but still too many folk i've spoken too insist that they'd rather keep the current encumbents rather than Mo!!

Try as I might to explain they just don't get it! It's like :banghead:

You've hit the nail on the head. Many distrust MC's motives, regardless of what is true or false. People that I have spoken to "know" that MC will become Chairman if the current Board is shown the door. Maybe the time between now and the EGM should be spent distancing the EGM Agenda from the "Pro-Mo" stance that many perceive, and explaining what will happen in the days after the EGM.

Geo,

I agree with you....BUT

Using this Peter Swann person as an example, doesn't focusing on v2001's removal play into their hands somewhat? The reason being, they have maintained that is what THEY want all along (even though we know its not true).

By ignoring or disregarding Mo turns the Mo issue into the elephant in the room and some people may turn around and suggest that we're not focusing on Mo because Mo's bid doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

We know the truth. We know that the protests came before Mo's bid but its hard to ignore the coincidence that the level of protests increased at the same time that Mo made his pitch for the club.

In an ideal situation we would have more than one preferred suitor but to ignore the one we do have, as laudible it is, could be wrong. I think cplowe's point in the other thread is that we need to answer the 'accusations' levelled at Mo, while at the same time arguing that it is not about Mo and that they would use this type of propoganda against any potential buyer.

Im not suggesting Mo be ignored.... hopefully Mo and Co will take care of that side for themselves... which will make it a two pronged attack without diluting the force of either...

Who knows perhaps the interim board will put the club up for sale..... because of the removal of the board previous or new investors may take an interest... however unlikely..... I think by totally aligning the GM with Mo it will/could alienate those who may still be skeptical of Mo but want change.

Geo,

I think cplowe's point in the other thread is that we need to answer the 'accusations' levelled at Mo, while at the same time arguing that it is not about Mo and that they would use this type of propoganda against any potential buyer.

I think the "Accusations against Mo" should be answered by Mo

Geo,

I think cplowe's point in the other thread is that we need to answer the 'accusations' levelled at Mo, while at the same time arguing that it is not about Mo and that they would use this type of propoganda against any potential buyer.

It is. If the motion against the board is carried, but not the one in favour of Mr Chaudry, NLV get to appoint an interim board right? What is the first thing the interim board are going to do, accept Mo Chaudry's bid because it's the only show in town. Apologies if I have got this wrong, but if I think it probably several others see it that way too. It should be clarified at least. If an interim board would seek to stabilize the club and look around for a short while for other options, that would suit me fine. It would be my preferred option. I can live with the other one too, anything but the status quo.

You can summise all day long about what Mo and his team can do. Its a non starter until the board are gone. Pi..es me off that probably 90% of shareholders want em out yet its still going to be so difficult to achieve. I guess the main thing is to leave no stone unturned and do everything we can until the big day. If only Robbie would.............

If an interim board would seek to stabilize the club and look around for a short while for other options, that would suit me fine. It would be my preferred option. I can live with the other one too, anything but the status quo.

That may be one of the reasons I suggest it :yes:

Did Bratt and Simms discuss I wonder the contents of the brochure discrediting Mo on Tues bearing in mind that it would have already been printed then and being stuffed into envelopes as they spoke.....mmmm I bet they did,nt... snake in the grass Bratt!!!!!!!!!!

Archived