onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New financial rules

I keep hearing the words revenue and 60% in the same sentence aswell but can't really get an idea of what this is all about? My main point was taking the premiership away how does this affect us.. Is it to promote stability and overspending? If so then surely the smaller clubs are getting punished for the failings of the people at the very top.. How does sacking a few admin staff at Brighton cut costs when they have players such as Vicente an ex Spanish international on over 10,000 a week..

You're allowed to spend 60% of your annual turnover on wages, including staff, so i believe?

Advert

the premiership in itself is uncompetitive amongst its own teams .

Really? How come the table does not resemble a normal distribution curve then? How come a trillion billion zillion (approx) watch it globally? (Some for free , granted)

Old sage.

That is by far the best & most accurate summing up of what the premiership is really all about.

They really are an elite almost stand alone entity !

& the premiership in itself is uncompetitive amongst its own teams .

With clubs having to cut and cut to get in line with the new rules i would say this can only benefit Vale.

Teams are having to live beyond their means and that can only be a good thing.

As far as Old Sages comment of keeping premier league clubs in the premier league, the last time i checked there were still relegations and promotions.

Place and Hull have both been in the prem recently.. Cardiff were very well backed.. And will now take a **** load of money from the new tv deals.. The yoyo clubs are staying up.. Sunderland, WBA.. Clubs that go up stay up.. Swansea and Southampton.. The money is well and truly staying in the top devision

With clubs having to cut and cut to get in line with the new rules i would say this can only benefit Vale.

I agree, I don't see what all of the negativity is around is. The rules are about (trying) to keep clubs from living beyond their means and spending ridiculous cash that they don't have. Sheffield United can no longer get millions in debt paying over the odds for wages to try and get out of the league, they will have to live within what they generate. A level playing field,what's wrong with that?

As far as Old Sages comment of keeping premier league clubs in the premier league, the last time i checked there were still relegations and promotions.

soooo*smug....parachute*payments*stink*

Old sage.

That is by far the best & most accurate summing up of what the premiership is really all about.

They really are an elite almost stand alone entity !

& the premiership in itself is uncompetitive amongst its own teams .

I agree, I don't see what all of the negativity is around is. The rules are about (trying) to keep clubs from living beyond their means and spending ridiculous cash that they don't have. Sheffield United can no longer get millions in debt paying over the odds for wages to try and get out of the league, they will have to live within what they generate. A level playing field,what's wrong with that?

I'm not trying to be negative but understand how this affects us.. I'm hearing more and more about it as the season gets closer..

From what I understand it is a good idea in part making sure clubs are stable financially etc but it's does raise the question how we are supposed to compete.. People say the premiership is an elite club.. If this is the case then should we kiss goodbye the dream of ever getting there? Any decent young players are snapped up in the hope they are going to be the next big thing.. Smaller clubs get a decent fee but nothing spectacular.. The player gets no development and go stale.. The result.... England U21s this week are a prime example.. Football is going backwards and so in tern this may stop us going bump but it takes away any dream we have of ever getting any higher than than a small championship side...

Place and Hull have both been in the prem recently.. Cardiff were very well backed.. And will now take a **** load of money from the new tv deals.. The yoyo clubs are staying up.. Sunderland, WBA.. Clubs that go up stay up.. Swansea and Southampton.. The money is well and truly staying in the top devision

Yoyo clubs stay up and clubs that go up stay up. Youve quoted that right?........

Reading?

QPR?

Really? How come the table does not resemble a normal distribution curve then? How come a trillion billion zillion (approx) watch it globally? (Some for free , granted)

The fact that it doesn't resemble the normal distribution would confirm Lawrence's point of lack of competition with just a few teams really competing for the top prize.

However, if anything it does represent a normal curve with a few at the top and bottom and a mass in the middle.

If I were sad enough, I'd waste time plotting a distribution curve, but my guess is that it would be close to a normal curve with 5 points separating Swansea in 9th and Newcastle in 16th. Definitely bell-shaped.

I'm not trying to be negative but understand how this affects us.. I'm hearing more and more about it as the season gets closer..

From what I understand it is a good idea in part making sure clubs are stable financially etc but it's does raise the question how we are supposed to compete.. People say the premiership is an elite club.. If this is the case then should we kiss goodbye the dream of ever getting there? Any decent young players are snapped up in the hope they are going to be the next big thing.. Smaller clubs get a decent fee but nothing spectacular.. The player gets no development and go stale.. The result.... England U21s this week are a prime example.. Football is going backwards and so in tern this may stop us going bump but it takes away any dream we have of ever getting any higher than than a small championship side...

The only way of staying sane is to realise the Prem have no interest in football, just themselves. The FL are trying to ensure that real football survives. Working from the bottom, FL2 and FL1 are limiting their player budgets to a % of their income, in an attempt to avoid going into admin or out of business, the Championship is more complicated with parachute payments and yo-yo teams, so have come up with a different rule, I assume so clubs can gamble on getting into the Prem. Clubs can only progress by improving their income, i.e. running a better business, which is usually a slow process. Dreaming of playing in the lower half of the Championship is enough for me. The local population cannot support a team in the Prem except with the aid of a sugar daddy, so I am realistic in my ambitions I think. Players will always move up a league, like people in any job if they are good enough and the money is right. Not everybody does, and some prefer to stay where they are happy.

What I'm saying is its pretty much the same clubs.. Have reading not been there before..?

But thanks for being so picky :) hope it made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Don't mean to be picky, trying to explain how things are, we all wish it was different. Teams generally are in a league position related to gates, above 20k for the Championship, 30k for the Prem Yo-yo, 40k for Prem top 6. Vale have a chance as a Championship Yo-yo, as not since the 50s have they been close to 20k average gates, impossible now.

Don't mean to be picky, trying to explain how things are, we all wish it was different. Teams generally are in a league position related to gates, above 20k for the Championship, 30k for the Prem Yo-yo, 40k for Prem top 6. Vale have a chance as a Championship Yo-yo, as not since the 50s have they been close to 20k average gates, impossible now.

I know :) I think football used to be on a pretty fair level playing field.. Teams full of English players and home grown talent.. Slowly I think money is taking away why football became the best sport in the world...

What I'm saying is its pretty much the same clubs.. Have reading not been there before..?

But thanks for being so picky :) hope it made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside

2006-07 season. 9 clubs that were there then will not be come August.

Almost half a league.

You go on about being there before.

Since then i will point you to Stoke, Hull, Cardiff, Swansea, Blackpool.

None of which graced the premier league before.

Your argument is flawed.

Im very warm and fuzzy cheers.

2006-07 season. 9 clubs that were there then will not be come August.

Almost half a league.

You go on about being there before.

Since then i will point you to Stoke, Hull, Cardiff, Swansea, Blackpool.

None of which graced the premier league before.

Your argument is flawed.

Im very warm and fuzzy cheers.

The fact wolves get 13 million pounds in parachute payments and are in the same league as us flaws my argument yea.. And how well backed were Swansea and Cardiff?

Anyway I think you have missed the point..

The fact wolves get 13 million pounds in parachute payments and are in the same league as us flaws my argument yea.. And how well backed were Swansea and Cardiff?

Anyway I think you have missed the point..

I onner bothered.

You stated its always the same clubs.

I proved you wrong.

How backed were Swansea and Cardiff? It makes no difference. There are many many clubs who are backed who dont make it. Bournemouth are 16-1 to win the championship this year. If you get backed you have a chance. Its not always the same clubs though.

Rumours abound that Sheffield Utd will only have a 2m budget next year. Surely this a great thing for teams like Vale?

Brighton cutting and cutting. Surely this is a great thing for the Yeovils of the championship?

I can only see good coming from the new laws for the lower clubs and i suspect we will see a rise in newer clubs getting in the premier league in the coming years.

Archived