onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What Next For "The Jackson 5"?

HappyClapper

I'm seriously struggling to see what thy're up to.

:unsure:

It appears to all and sundry that they have lost. Mark Simms and Mo Chaudry have shown them up for the shysters that they are when they ignored the offer to buy 24.9% of the shares. The Starve Em Out campaign will leave the club with little or no money to get through the summer. The NLV-driven GM will end with an overwhelming vote of no confidence in the board and all they have done in answer to these many broadsides is to appoint a CEO and Sales Manager. The knockout blow really does seem to be the way that Mark Simms has been treated and it seems that they have completely shut down talking to the press which can only show them in a worse light.

I don't believe that silence is golden though and tbh this silence is somewhat disconcerting to me. The Jackson 5 have to all appearances, been battered into submission but I don't buy it. They are all cornered like rats and just like cornered rats thats perhaps when they are at their most dangerous.

Also, lets not forget that they have all done very well for themselves in business (outside of PVFC) so they aren't the bumbling idiots that we would like to believe they are.

What do people honestly believe V2001 are up to now? Do they honestly believe that Jackson, Bratt and the rest have all but conceded defeat and are waiting for the rubber stamp at the meeting, or do they think they a way to beat Mo and Mark?

The fact that they haven't flown the white flag really REALLY worries me.

Advert

They are in denial about everything that's going on at the moment.

I bumped into Bratt earlier this week and from what he said it was clear that they have no intention of relinquishing power.

Amomgst other things, he said that if Adams had stayed all of the current issues would not have arisen.

He also claimed not to be concerned by the season ticket boycott as they have 'never been near to administration' and that it would simply result in more matchday income when fans when pay at the turnstiles.

They will try to cling on to their positions until the bitter end.

I bumped into Bratt earlier this week and from what he said it was clear that they have no intention of relinquishing power.

Amomgst other things, he said that if Adams had stayed all of the current issues would not have arisen.

He also claimed not to be concerned by the season ticket boycott as they have 'never been near to administration' and that it would simply result in more matchday income when fans when pay at the turnstiles.

I think its disgusting that they do not seem to overly bothered by the ST sales (or lack of) and are even suggesting that match day income may go up

Do they not realise that ST holders are to a large degree the life blood of the club?

Fairly simple really, they will just carry on as they have done. In some ways it will be easier because after Barnet, there aren't any games for protests. Yes the EGM will be very interesting but if (and I say if) they survive, they will carry on.

The thing that will eventually hurt them is the season ticket sales (or rather lack of). Between the 5 of them they will try and cover this with other cuts as long as possible until the day the Grim Reaper finally appears above the club because financially they cannot carry on. When that will be is the $64,000 question.

I wonder if they think that once Saturday is out of the way they can relax,deal with the GM and bumble on through summer.

They hope that the B&G wont be there next season so thats a problem solved, and that the SEO campaign will waiver and relent.

I think that is what amounts to their strategy...

Do they expect people to turn up next season to watch a depleted team, struggling against relegation? Especially when a brighter future could be available from other investors, even a lifelong Vale fan?

The answer is yes i bet they do. The next thing they should do is get five bags of sand from Blackpool and bury their heads in it.

Do they not realise that ST holders are to a large degree the life blood of the club?

Perry certainly knows this as it was on the end of his renewal letter. I sent it back telling him that I was offended because he was challenging me to be a real fan, when he'd been there a week!

Lack of? some people on here have been told by the club that sales are oging well haha

and soes Bratt think that if we aren't renewing tickets that we are going to pay on the gate each week? haha Does he not realise that we are not coming back until he has gone?! haha Idiot.

Do they expect people to turn up next season to watch a depleted team, struggling against relegation? Especially when a brighter future could be available from other investors, even a lifelong Vale fan?

They are in for a rude awakening if they are still here next season!

===================================================:ninja:

Most of this seems in contrast to what he said to me earlier in the week. More or less the polar opposite in the sense that he is fed up and will be packing it in sooner rather than later.

Archived