onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Collins Curfew

adrianf

Advert

It would be totally ridiculous if he was not allowed to play.

What are the courts hoping to achieve by stopping a 23(?) year old man who has never been convicted for anything like this before, from doing his job?

What utter ****.

He's been convicted of assault and should be abiding by the terms of his punishment regardless of what his occupation is.

RB, whilst I see your point I fail to see how/why the curfew should any be different for Lee Colins (or anyone else for that matter) than it would be for you or me. I hasten to add I not anti Lee Colins just fail to see why he should be treated differently.

I agree, but I think curfews are a joke in general. If someone has shown they can hold a job then they should be encouraged to keep it.

What utter ****.

He's been convicted of assault and should be abiding by the terms of his punishment regardless of what his occupation is.

So you'd see someone lose their job over an argument that got out of hand?

What if you work nights? It's stuff like this that makes our justice system a joke in the press. Forget playstations in jail, but what is it coming to that not only do you get a suspended sentence, not only do you pay a fine/potential compo, not only do you do 150 hours community service, but on top of all that your not allowed to do your job because you may not get home until 20.30 at night?!

What utter ****.

Absolutely agree, it would make a mockery of the law if they make an exception in this case. He was convicted and part of his sentence is a curfew--end of!

It would be totally ridiculous if he was not allowed to play.

What are the courts hoping to achieve by stopping a 23(?) year old man who has never been convicted for anything like this before, from doing his job?

A high profile deterrent to him and others not to indulge in such behaviour?

I agree, but I think curfews are a joke in general. If someone has shown they can hold a job then they should be encouraged to keep it.

So you'd see someone lose their job over an argument that got out of hand?

What if you work nights? It's stuff like this that makes our justice system a joke in the press. Forget playstations in jail, but what is it coming to that not only do you get a suspended sentence, not only do you pay a fine/potential compo, not only do you do 150 hours community service, but on top of all that your not allowed to do your job because you may not get home until 20.30 at night?!

So the more a punishment adversely affects a criminal the less they should be punished? Should be the other way round, the whole point isd to pay a price for your crime. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime

Little bit off Google, but think this applies to people who've been released from Jail:

Can I work while on HDC release?

Yes, the SPS would always encourage this to make constructive use of your time. *However if your working hours interfere with your HDC curfew times, you may be able to change your curfew times to suit your employment. *A headed letter from your employer with a start date, working dates and hours will be required to be sent by post to the Prison. *You should note that this information may be confirmed with the employer. If approved, the relevant manager will agree the new hours.

It wasnt while on loan at shrewsbury it was in may 2012 .mistake in paper .was changed in later addition .it happend while at barnsley .seems to b back on track now & enjoying his footy againe .never should of gone to barnsley .

So the more a punishment adversely affects a criminal the less they should be punished? Should be the other way round, the whole point isd to pay a price for your crime. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime

Not at all.

I know more than most on this subject as I've studied both Criminal law and criminology.

How people can't see that stopping someone from doing the job that they've been doing for the past 6-7 (?) years is totally unproportionate is beyond me.

First time he's been in trouble (was he ever charged for the stafford thing?) A suspended sentance, paying court costs and community service is fine. What is the point of a curfew? Just to say you can't have a night out...Fine, but he has a suspended sentance. If he goes out and gets in trouble he ends up in jail. So why give him a suspended sentance and then ban him from being out after 20.00?

Archived