onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oh dear bitter Shrewsbury

scVale

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/83462/league-1-next-season#

Surprise surprise the scarecrows predicting that out of those coming up we'll be the ones who'll struggle and "we'll be in for a rude awakening". They also predict that we'll lose Popey and that we'll struggle as we'll have no money to spend pmsl, our budget will probably be double theirs under our new owners. They clearly don't get the latest papers in the sticks, Vale have money now and are ambitious with it, think they'll be in for a rude awakening when we turn them over... twice. Can see them finishing bottom next year tbh, they've only just clung on in L1 this year.

Advert

Just shows how little they know.

I suppose we'll have to go through the whole Pope saga again before he starts banging them in, in a vale top next season.

We'll finish above them, I can't see how they're going to turn into a good team without a squad overhaul, and we have the resources and the determination to go up and compete in the right half of the table.

I can't see us or Gillingham struggling to be honest, and Rotherham have the money to improve as well.

If anyone you'd have to say Shrews for the drop really, Crewe maybe if they can't keep/replace their players (although they always seem to manage it) Oldham have a new manager who has done well early doors.

I don't know enough about the likes of Stevenage and Colchester but they will need to improve too. League one will be significantly harder next season.

To be fair, it was only one person saying we would struggle.. Hardly an onslaught of abuse directed towards us.

For what it's worth, next season will probably be a bit of an eye opener, definitely won't be a walk in the park but you never know with football. At least we've got some good away days to look forward to, should be a lot of fun as long as we can get some results early on.

Statement on their board:

Post by lenny on Apr 21, 2013 at 11:39am

However, it also means next season will be tougher than this one. Gillingham, Rotherham and Vale look likely to come up automatically, and I'd expect all three to do pretty well with big crowds and having invested plenty recently. There aren't any teams coming down like Pompey who will struggle - I think all three teams that come down will be challenging to go straight back up. If Cheltenham go up via the play-offs (as I think they will) then that's another decent side who I think will be useful at this level.

We really are going to have to move forward to stagnate. I think that Cheltenham and Vale may go down out of that group, but they won't be as poor as the likes of Bury and Hartlepool this season. I suspect over 50 points may be required to stay up.

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/83462/league-1-next-season##ixzz2RGKacthR

so he expects us to do well and go down at the same time!

i'm all for rekindling the mini-rivalry with shrews (much more interesting than crewe!) but let's wait until the season's over at least before we start a slanging match? i too think we might struggle to be honest - a season like shrewsbury have just had would do me fine - flirting close enough with relegation to keep in interesting but pulling well clear a few weeks before the end of the season. although if we went straight up again i wouldn't complain!

Statement on their board:

Post by lenny on Apr 21, 2013 at 11:39am

However, it also means next season will be tougher than this one. Gillingham, Rotherham and Vale look likely to come up automatically, and I'd expect all three to do pretty well with big crowds and having invested plenty recently. There aren't any teams coming down like Pompey who will struggle - I think all three teams that come down will be challenging to go straight back up. If Cheltenham go up via the play-offs (as I think they will) then that's another decent side who I think will be useful at this level.

We really are going to have to move forward to stagnate. I think that Cheltenham and Vale may go down out of that group, but they won't be as poor as the likes of Bury and Hartlepool this season. I suspect over 50 points may be required to stay up.

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/83462/league-1-next-season##ixzz2RGKacthR

P

so he expects us to do well and go down at the same time!

It's called edging your bets - or stupidity!

Archived