onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

This humble pie is filling me up Re: Mickey Adams

scVale

Micky has won our respect with a magnificent achievement taking everything into consideration, next season when he has strengthened under the normal conditions he will be scrutinised even more. Opinions will vary on selection and subs, but as long as the resolve and attacking football is being produced, the majority will be behind him. Comparison with other Vale managers is difficult, there is such a variety. Steele, had the knack of converting players into different positions, Low, for fancy attacking football, Lee, defensive and long ball, McGrath I cannot remember, Rudge, stylish football and master dealer. I am sure Micky will serve us well.

Advert

I'll admit I was massively wrong in my criticism. However, it was said in complete frustration, at a time where promotion seemed to be gone.

I'm sorry Micky, but I'm sure I'll be back to moaning at you next season after a 3-0 defeat away to Yeovil:laugh:

The Master thinks that people should have opinions. Its healthy debate.

What gets on The Masters nerves is the constant questioning of Micky Adams by some. Debate his tactics, team selections, whatever you want but some cannot wait to do it after every defeat, after every draw and sometimes after a win.

The Master has also noticed that the same people who do this are very quiet on threads where we have played well and had great results.

The Master finds this very sad.

I did say it would be simple, if we dont go up then he gets the sack considering the position we were in before our bad run and if we go up, he stays! Fair play to him, you can see what it meant to him and im now looking forward to him managing the team next season and hopefully pushing for back to back promotions!

Hey up Spunks. I think that I may be one of the people that you are referring to on your post. Let me make it quite clear if that is the case that I have never called for MIcky's head. Yes I have been critical of his team selection and tactics at times but I do consider that in L2 he is a good manager three previous promotions proves that.

I am as happy as the next guy that we have gone up. Next season starts with a 'clean slate' I shall we there just like I have been for over half a century cheering and crying over every game. Will I criticise the manager? Well that's for certain if I don't agree with his team selection. That's a fan's right getting promotion hasn't particularly proved what I said was wrong because maybe we could have ended up as Champs. It's all ifs and buts but like you I will continue to support my team where it matters.... inside the ground.

Anyway buddy you are one of the guys who certainly deserve all the success that this season has brought us because there aren't many who would keep flying over from Norway like you have done. Final question 'Is Norway really so bad that you keep trying to escape?' ;)

I keep trying and mar lady keeps nagging at me to come home! :D

I understand that people have to criticise. Its what has been said that annoys me.

Ive criticised the man in the past. Even when i stuck up for him i could not defend his constant favouritism of Calvin Andrew who is dog*****.

What annoys me Mike is that it has been very constant from a minority on here.

If hes so tactically inept how the hell have we got promotion with a squad that was quoted at 40-1 by the bookies???

How the hell did he almost get us in the playoffs and then in the promotion places when he left for Sheffield, bearing in mind the resources he had to work with under Bratt and co?

He has produced the goods for me and continues to do so.

Debate his tactics and team selection by all means. Even UTD fans question Ferguson. Im just asking that he gets the credit he deserves because from a select few of you, you included, he gets unjustified criticism.

I keep trying and mar lady keeps nagging at me to come home! :D

I understand that people have to criticise. Its what has been said that annoys me.

Ive criticised the man in the past. Even when i stuck up for him i could not defend his constant favouritism of Calvin Andrew who is dog*****.

What annoys me Mike is that it has been very constant from a minority on here.

If hes so tactically inept how the hell have we got promotion with a squad that was quoted at 40-1 by the bookies???

How the hell did he almost get us in the playoffs and then in the promotion places when he left for Sheffield, bearing in mind the resources he had to work with under Bratt and co?

He has produced the goods for me and continues to do so.

Debate his tactics and team selection by all means. Even UTD fans question Ferguson. Im just asking that he gets the credit he deserves because from a select few of you, you included, he gets unjustified criticism.

Well put ST:clap::clap::clap:

Archived