onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

supporters club info arising from thursday

i have noticed the following has been posted on the supporters clubs facebook page i have not seen anything on ovf so thought i would copyit to here hope the committee don't mind

Main points from the meeting of the Port Vale Supporters Club, held on Thursday 11th April 2013 in Tommy Cheadles.

• New Committee Member – Paul Wilshaw, Membership Officer. Paul would like to hear from anyone who is not already a member to contact him at [email protected]

• Pete Williams stated the plaques were being made and 50 had been completed. All plaques will be erected when all are complete.

• Port Vale FC have agreed to give Portly Vale FC (the supporters football club) 20 new strips to be worn during their games. This enables them to wear the club’s colours / badge when playing against other clubs’ fan teams.

• The Chair, Charlie Holland & Jim Doherty, along with Wycombe Football Trust’s Trevor Stroud, have arranged for a marquee to be opened for the travelling Port Vale fans at Wycombe at the last game of the season. There will be music, food and drinks available.

• Attending members voted in favour of presenting a Supporters Club player of the year award at the end of season dinner. Votes will be taken until the 22nd April and should be forwarded to Dean Jones at [email protected]

• Port Vale FC have requested no fans enter the pitch at the last game of the season. We can be deducted points by the FA and/or fined money. Also, the players would like to do a lap of honour with their children after the game, if fans are on the pitch, this will not happen, as it is a security / safety risk.

• The third kit will be released to coincide with the online shop launch. This is the kit which will have fan names sewn into it and its release is imminent. This will be followed by the home strip then the away strip. We will announce more information as it becomes available.

• Port Vale FC have asked to be notified of any fans who have sadly passed away this season. They are to be remembered on the score board throughout the game.

• The Supporters Club now have an office within the club’s VPEC centre. The Chair is hoping to ‘move in’ during w/c 22nd April. She asks if anyone has any spare office furniture to donate to the supporters club to help with this.

• Lots of fan suggestions / comments have been passed on to the club. They have assured us they will look into all of them and let us know. They include;

1. Healthier options in matchday catering

2. Discounts for young adults / students / military

3. The 3% charge for using a debit/credit card to purchase tickets

4. Live away games streamed at Vale Park

• Four tickets have now been given to supporters club members, which will enable them to attend the End of Season dinner at Vale Park. These were allocated through a free prize draw.

• The next meeting will be held on Thursday 16th May 2013 at Tommy Cheadles. This will start at 7:30pm. All are welcome

Advert

could the away games thing not kill our amazing away support?

I should imagine the "streaming away games" is a suggestion for TV Games only (i.e. the same idea as the very successful showing of the Wimbledon away game in the club lounge).

I can't imagine it can be every away game as:

a) there's often just the one camera there and no live commentator

b) there'll be no satellite dish to transmit the pictures

c) More importantly the rights don't allow you to broadcast a 3pm Saturday football game live unless it is on TV

So, I think that's a proposal to do the same thing as the Wimbledon game if a Vale away game happens to be on TV. That's only going to be once in a blue moon even if we do get into League One next season....

i think it is just a proposal put forward

my thoughts on reading the miniutes are how far we have come since last year when the article would have read much different every point is a positive to the club and supporters alike, good to see the SC has a base to work from i'm sure it will keep communication between the club and supporters updated along with the official streams

I should imagine the "streaming away games" is a suggestion for TV Games only (i.e. the same idea as the very successful showing of the Wimbledon away game in the club lounge).

I can't imagine it can be every away game as:

a) there's often just the one camera there and no live commentator

b) there'll be no satellite dish to transmit the pictures

c) More importantly the rights don't allow you to broadcast a 3pm Saturday football game live unless it is on TV

So, I think that's a proposal to do the same thing as the Wimbledon game if a Vale away game happens to be on TV. That's only going to be once in a blue moon even if we do get into League One next season....

There are a few pubs which show Stoke 3pm kick offs, home & away.

There are a few pubs which show Stoke 3pm kick offs, home & away.

Yes, but I don't think it would be a wise idea for a Football League club to show "illegal" feeds inside club grounds. That is frankly just asking for trouble!!! I doubt whether even "MOLD" (pictured below) would consider illegal screening of football games in the ground a good idea!

:board:

Also, the only live feeds are from PL games which are televised abroad and therefore have loads of cameras and broadcasting facilities in place.

I doubt whether there will be six cameras, a commentary team and a satellite truck when Vale (hopefully) visit Leyton Orient next season....

It will be very selfish to run on the pitch, ans as a consequence deny all the fans the opportunity to see the lads on the lap of honour. Supporters should voice their disapproval on the day. KEEP OFF THE PITCH.

Whether rightly or wrongly... If everything goes to plan.... There is just no way that there wont be a pitch invasion..........

In 1994 we invaded the pitch at Brighton to CELEBRATE promotion.... The players will come out in the directors boxes...... Selfish or not we have spent thousands of pounds watching the vale home and away for moments like these. Every other club up and down the country do it and we will be the same.

Whether its right or wrong like I say.. Its going to happen and it will be more than a few hundred if we win....

Archived