onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

attendance tonight - vs Burton?

thevalewarrior

I can see this being a monumental **** up if we are not careful there are six of us going tonight all paying on the gate I'm sure there are plenty more the same I hope its made clear where space is available for pay on the gate customers

I too am a bit worried. I pay on the gate every game but attend with 5 ST holders, tonight another 5 pay on the gate are coming with us. Have decided to get there earlier to hopefully avoid missing kick off. I really hope Smurf and Wildes have improved turnstile organisation.

Advert

I can see this being a monumental **** up if we are not careful there are six of us going tonight all paying on the gate I'm sure there are plenty more the same I hope its made clear where space is available for pay on the gate customers

:yes:

agree should be made clear 4 of us hoping to pay on gate (paddock)...

There still seems to be loads of confusion about where is pay on the gate and where is ticket only. Not sure why, the club have made it very clear. Pay on the gate in the railway and the family stand.

The railway PADDOCK (bottom section) has 200 tickets remaining, obviously if some seats remain before kick off then fans can pay on the gate. As this stand is always the most popular, I doubt very much that tickets will be left prior to kick, so cant see anyone being allowed in by paying on the gate.

The railway STAND (top section) is still pay on the gate. No details have been given yet as to whether we're close to selling out in that area.

If loads of fans turn up to pay on the gate, then I can see kick off being delayed. I know it has been publicised that no other area (other than the family stand) is pay on the gate, but with the Lorne Street already sold out, I think it would be daft not to make the Bycars pay on the gate also, as Tosh has suggested.

At least the club are communicating to fans through twitter. Will definitely be worth keeping an eye on there for regular updates.

i'm sure they will be organised but people may have to leave 15 mins earlier than normal to make sure they get in on time . the railway holds 3750 and was just 200 shy of selling out 1/2 hr ago , the l/st already sold out 2300 , family stand sold out , corporate boxes sold out . with walk ups and burton 500 + we will be approaching 9k + by ko. impressive stuff . COME ON YOU WHITES.

It'll be fine. There's the Stand and Bycars to fill up with POTG fans. Unless we have an unprecedented turn out of 15k Vale fans, I'm sure there'll be room at the inn!!

Is the Bycars a potg stand or not, there seems to be confusion over this, I thought it was normally ticket only?

Is the Bycars a potg stand or not, there seems to be confusion over this, I thought it was normally ticket only?

Sorry, this is my fault... I meant that there will be space for those turning up tonight. Popping to the ticket office before the game etc.

Apologies, I think I might be getting a little carried away!

Just had to phone the club shop on another matter and they said that between 8000-9000 tickets sold, but this includes Season Tickets, so looks like the 10,000 will be within reach, or if a real shedload come and pay on the gate then who knows what sort of figure we end up with. It's getting very exciting, imagine what it will be like if Vale score an early opening goal !

I predict some chaos (hope I am wrong) and maybe a slightly delayed kick off time even !

So basically, one area of the ground still has seats available to pay on the gate...Railway Stand. The other area with available seats is the Bycars, which is ticket only. People turning up to pay on the day and wishing to get into the bycars will have to purchase a ticket first at the ticket office. Given that we're from Stoke on Trent, and everyone leaves everything until the last minute (remember target 5000), I can see big queues to pay on the gate for the Railway stand, and big queues to pay for Bycars tickets. Glad I sorted mine on my dinner.

Archived