onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Run In

VantaaVale

Quite right Tosh, it was Easter Monday. I'm not sure the ref didn't deserve it . All that added time drove us all mental, and I'm not sure where he got it from. Great days though.

Keith Styles was the referee who seemed to keep on playing until Bolton scored.I don't know how long he played but there was hell up after the final whistle.

Advert

Keith Styles was the referee who seemed to keep on playing until Bolton scored.I don't know how long he played but there was hell up after the final whistle.

I think we used to kick off at 3:15 at that time and there was only 10 minutes for the half time break but the game finished around 5:15! :unsure:

I think we used to kick off at 3:15 at that time and there was only 10 minutes for the half time break but the game finished around 5:15! :unsure:

That's right Tosh,I was in the paddock that day and if my memory serves me right,Bolton were already champions when we played them.I remember the police taking the dogs into the Bycars to stop fighting fans and pitch invasions and at the end of the match the ref.was kicked to the ground and carried off.

Another take on it.

Fag packet calculation, and it's only a bit of fun...BUT.....It looks like only 9 clubs can make the top 3 (famous last words)

I have given all 9 teams 3 points for every game, unless they were playing another of the promotion candidates, and in that case its a point each.... This is how it goes...

Southend who are 9th now would only be able to get 73 points (and remember thats winning every game unless they draw against fellow hopefuls)

Cheltenham would finish with 76

Exeter and Fleetwood 79 points.

Rotherham and Northampton 83

Burton 84 and Gillingham 91

So my point is, with games running out, even with fantastic runs from other clubs we would need to get to 83 points ! (up on goal difference) Oh and if Vale did as above we would finish with 89 !

Thats my bit done.

Thers no reason to me why this squad cannot get passed the finishing line and get out of whats (lets face it ) an awful poor league with some pretty rubbish "pub sides" making up a large proportion of the division.

The main obstacle is the lack of a plan B for home games where teams turn up with a brickey and proceed to wall up there goal. Plan A works away, as results have proved, but the workmanlike effort and ability to counter attack when under pressure is no good for home games. We need more flair and footballing ability in midfield if we are to avoid more dissapiontments at Valepark.This is also a basic requirement if/when we manage to get into league1.

We also need to stop contract talks with this group until we absolutely know what league we will be in next season and prevent Mickey from bringing any more of his mates into the squad just to sit on the bench.

Another take on it.

Fag packet calculation, and it's only a bit of fun...BUT.....It looks like only 9 clubs can make the top 3 (famous last words)

I have given all 9 teams 3 points for every game, unless they were playing another of the promotion candidates, and in that case its a point each.... This is how it goes...

Southend who are 9th now would only be able to get 73 points (and remember thats winning every game unless they draw against fellow hopefuls)

Cheltenham would finish with 76

Exeter and Fleetwood 79 points.

Rotherham and Northampton 83

Burton 84 and Gillingham 91

So my point is, with games running out, even with fantastic runs from other clubs we would need to get to 83 points ! (up on goal difference) Oh and if Vale did as above we would finish with 89 !

Thats my bit done.

Southend would get 80 points using that logic. I cba to work out the rest.

Archived