onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

wifi on match days

marky mark

just a thought after watching the rugby on tv would it be a good idea invest in a wifi network the fans to use a vale park on a match day.

this could be a great way to connect with the younger audience and improve the whole match day experience for fans.

I notice in the rugby that they are going to use this wifi network to enable fans to download a programme and interact with the game that is taking place. They believe its a great way to add value to the product.

Advert

just a thought after watching the rugby on tv would it be a good idea invest in a wifi network the fans to use a vale park on a match day.

this could be a great way to connect with the younger audience and improve the whole match day experience for fans.

I notice in the rugby that they are going to use this wifi network to enable fans to download a programme and interact with the game that is taking place. They believe its a great way to add value to the product.

its all very well and good coming up with these ideas but cant really be achieved without the funding.

ticket prices to go up?maybe a little bit of a subscription?maybe something like valiant player, where the fans pay a small fee for the extra priviledge...at the end of the day if messrs smurf and wildes are paying for the fans to have a better experience then there will not be as much spent on the playing field.and before anyone has a go, i mean ideas like this where they would have to pay for the wifi and not get anything back, and not things like the food where obviously they would get the money from the sales.

Good points made. I dont knkow how much such a system costs but seems to be the new trend in rugby at the moment. Im guessing they are banking on the increased attendance spending more on food and other items.

A small subscription charge could work of yoiu for example got a copy of an e-programme as well. People i think would go for that and it could net a nice return.

What a wonderfall idea. I'd be able to whinge about everything on OVF and actually go the game too.

Though in order to implement this they would need to introduce a pay per use scheme. This should charged per hour, on a dynamic pricing scale starting at a flat 25p per hour, multiplied by 0.(1-x all over y) where x is the distance travelled to the ground and y the number of OVF posts, found using cookied data. get it ****in sorted!

You go to football to watch football! Most people who don't go complain about the cost let paying extra for wifi. If you want Internet, get a 3G phone, sinple.

In fairness trying to use apps or download data at halftime is impossible inside VP, even with a full 3G signal.

A new club app that linked to the proposed wifi system could be used to push an online programme, stats, lineups throughout the game. If done properly it could be revolutionary.

thats whart i was thinking and a great marketing tool to connect more with the fans.

if you had to regisiter your mobile that gives them yout mobile number and they could offer sponsors a new way of targeting customers.

not sure on the costs of such systems but with companies like o2 wifi appearing all over shops and pubs - im guessing its not overly expensive

You're obviously not with Vodafone then.

Get on Three!

I was getting 6-7meg download speeds at half time - very impressed with them.

I've recently installed a managed "Ruckus" wireless system into a school for roughly £8k with 20 Access points. I reckon you could get a decent one in VP - (that will work) with access points for approx £40k - it will pay for itself in a matter of weeks!

How about utilising Augmented Reality? This could be done in conjunction with the programme. You buy a programme, scan your phone over the markers in the prog and you see, for example, Micky reading out the team, an interview with one of the players, a piece about the mascots, etc, etc. Some clubs are already using this - Tottenham I think for starters. It just needs an app on the phone/tablet to make it work.

That's a good idea Jacko. I think anything that adds that little bit "extra value" to the match day experience. I know we go the match for the football but it's all the little extras that help connect the club more with the fans and gets more buying into the whole experience.

I have no idea on the costs to make it happen and maybe that is why this idea will never happen

Archived