onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stafford Hospital Enquiry

Memphis

Nobody seems to be held responsible these days,bankers get away with daylight robbery and then get a bonus,in the NHS it's blamed on a system failure and those at the top get a knighthood and a promotion.

However in the real world,if you work in industry and are responsible for someone getting injured at work,the H&S Executive come down on you like a ton of bricks and you could end up either fined or locked up.

Advert

I think the NHS is like a lot of things in the UK..... working beyond its maximum capacity... it is often said that new hospitals are built to cope with future need but almost always dont cover the present need so falling far short of future needs.

But where do we draw the line?... someone has to draw a line somewhere at sometime... either to say no more or raise revenues to cover the costs.... either way its a lose lose situation... a politicians/governments nightmare.

People are getting older and have more medical needs than 50? years ago... the government of the day has to decide either we dont cover those needs or we increase taxation.

I have had problems with the NHS, [medical decisions], the only reason they were not followed up with court action was because the injured party refused to take it further.

I think the NHS is like a lot of things in the UK..... working beyond its maximum capacity... it is often said that new hospitals are built to cope with future need but almost always dont cover the present need so falling far short of future needs.

But where do we draw the line?... someone has to draw a line somewhere at sometime... either to say no more or raise revenues to cover the costs.... either way its a lose lose situation... a politicians/governments nightmare.

People are getting older and have more medical needs than 50? years ago... the government of the day has to decide either we dont cover those needs or we increase taxation.

I have had problems with the NHS, [medical decisions], the only reason they were not followed up with court action was because the injured party refused to take it further.

Meanwhile we are preparing to let more and more people into the country at the end of the year,perhaps they will all be taxpayers?

The NHS has been stretched for a long time..... I doubt the immigrants have made a serious impact if compared to the aging population or the new medical treatments and drugs developed.... medicine marches on... the funding stumbles and trips trying to keep up

Here we go -Stafford Hospital blame it on the immigrants perhaps all British ex pats should be sent home and swapped on a 1 for 1 basis?

Big difference,the majority of ex-pats tend to retire abroad and don't go looking for free handouts,mind you a lot seem to be coming back,will they be entitled to special treatment?

http://my.telegraph.co.uk/expat/annanicholas/10145588/are-british-expats-in-spain-really-running-scared/

Big difference,the majority of ex-pats tend to retire abroad and don't go looking for free handouts,mind you a lot seem to be coming back,will they be entitled to special treatment?

http://my.telegraph.co.uk/expat/annanicholas/10145588/are-british-expats-in-spain-really-running-scared/

What evidence have you got for that sweeping statement?I suppose you throw bananas at the immigrant Footballers as well?

What evidence have you got for that sweeping statement?I suppose you throw bananas at the immigrant Footballers as well?

Not at all,I've no problem with anyone coming over here to contribute and pay into the system,it's the freeloaders I have a problem with.We've got enough of our own as it is,without adding to the problem.

Archived