onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Loyalty to the vale

Can any one remember a player who has shown such commitment to the vale in the last forty years as demonstrated by Tom pope he has not signed yet but he will.

My memories of let's grab the cash thanks for the memories port vale. Players in popes situation.

Andy jones

Robbie Earle

Leone constant swine

Anthony Gardner

Tony rougher

Steve guppy

The list goes on and on and on. Pope could at least double his money now. He is a very very rare breed in football All of our legends will not turn out to have his loyalty. Every one at the end of the day went for the cash, don't blame them in a way but thank god.

Tom Pope really is a vale fan feed him the best contract you can possibly ovfer

Advert

Can any one remember a player who has shown such commitment to the vale in the last forty years as demonstrated by Tom pope he has not signed yet but he will.

My memories of let's grab the cash thanks for the memories port vale. Players in popes situation.

Andy jones

Robbie Earle

Leone constant swine

Anthony Gardner

Tony rougher

Steve guppy

The list goes on and on and on. Pope could at least double his money now. He is a very very rare breed in football All of our legends will not turn out to have his loyalty. Every one at the end of the day went for the cash, don't blame them in a way but thank god.

Tom Pope really is a vale fan feed him the best contract you can possibly ovfer

but he can,t go anywhere if no one as come in for him, unless you know otherwise.

Tremendously impressed with Tom - Wouldn't it be fantastic to get two successive promotions with him leading the charge.

In general though locally born players are not idolised by fans in the way they used to be - its now got to the stage where all that fans respond to is how much money they have paid for a player.

If households were run in the same way fans look at their team the whole structure of society as we know it would impload.

Inny - think that's unfair mate - are you saying he and his family are not lifelong Vale fans?

If he chooses to leave in the summer (assuming we are promoted) then it will be to a club a damn site better than the Vale - Popey is loving his time at the Vale, he loved it last season even when he was not the fan's favourite.

Are you saying he is lying when he says to the media - I'm playing for my boyhood club and loving every minute of it?

Money isn't everything, I believe if Vale are promoted and make Popey an offer that is considerably better than what he is on now then even if a financially better offer comes in I don't see him taking it.

As regards contract I wouldn't be surprised if he signs a contract now with a get-out if we are not promoted.

Only my opinion of course.

I don't understand your thread. Are you saying that other clubs have come in for Tom and offered him more than the Vale?

My thread is about total loyalty. Guppy, jones, ainsworth etc all said the following.

I am really happy here at port vale and enjoying my football the manager is the best in the foot ball league ( just to blow smoke up his **** ) but should an offer come in well we will see.

Seen it in my 45 vale supporting years about 15 times you can almost smell the I want to preserve my place in port vales folk law but chuff off for double my money.

Pope by saying I don't want a move publicly has prevented many wolves from he door.

Have been really disappointed with some comments about his lack of pace preventing a move.

Don't think we fully appreciate the most loyal player in the last 50 years tbh

When Tom Pope has played 350 games for the Vale including 140 odd consecutive games, then he can be mentioned in the same breath as Robbie Earle, in terms of commitment and loyalty.

Oh, and by the way, what about that Sproson fella and his nephew. Is Tom Pope, whose played a season and a half, with no offers from other clubs, really more loyal than these.

I like Pope, and think he genuinely wants to stay, but let's not go over the top.

aspins - not going over the top mate, you are quite right about the Sprosons and Robbie.

My reaction is simply that Pope has shown a loyalty to the club he supports and one day he might be in the class of the above. It just narks me when people just pre-empt that he is a money grabber who is just waiting for the end of the season so he can get a better offer personally on a free - I just don't believe that's true.

BTW you left a certain Mr Rudge off your list.

Woooaaahhh there!

Think we might need a reality check here gents.

This is all very romantic but if another club stumps up enough cash to tempt both Wildes and Pope, Tom will be gone.

The financial security of the club (in Wildes' case) and Pope's family come first and that's no slight on Tom in any way.

Archived