onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

No excuses now.

Spunk Trumpet

2nd in the league with a 5 point cushion over 4th and the best GD in the division.

New owners who signalled their intent with a possible Lee Hughes signing.

Transfer window only 4 weeks away.

All the major players have now served suspensions for 5 yellows.

Only league football remaining and we are as good as halfway through the campaign.

There is no excuse whatsoever for not pushing on and getting automatic promotion.

Advert

Yep spot on! Iv just got this horrible vision that we will miss out on automatic and MA will be doing his interview saying that gettin to the playoffs was an achievement because of admin and little squad etc.....well no, for me if we don't finish in the top 3 at the end of the season questions need to be asked.

That excuse could not be used.

We are starting a half season, out of admin, in second place with new owners.

I honestly think we will now win the league.

In my opinion, if we fail to go up this season or even miss out n the playoffs altogether then i very much doubt that Micky will be here come August.

I think the new owners want success and we are now primed for it.

I love Micky, dont get me wrong but my feelings are its promotion or bust for him and i think we will do it comfortably.

True, the owners have bought a club on the likelyhood we will be playing league 1 football next year. I think Micky uses excuses to much to justify bad performances on the pitch. Micky has said he is not looking to sign anymore players which is great but no excuses if things go pear shaped

I really don't see loosing the 2 cup games as a bad thing, I like 99% of folk [ I assume], given the choice of winning just one of Sheff Utd, Bradford or Chesterfield would surely go for the latter? Last night provided one excellent service and that was to get us back to all but full strength for the ONLY important thing this season, the next 3 points on Saturday!.... :yes:

I really don't see loosing the 2 cup games as a bad thing, I like 99% of folk [ I assume], given the choice of winning just one of Sheff Utd, Bradford or Chesterfield would surely go for the latter? Last night provided one excellent service and that was to get us back to all but full strength for the ONLY important thing this season, the next 3 points on Saturday!.... :yes:

Yep, disappointing at the time but true. I'm glad that Bradford, our league rivals are still in all 3 cups too. It will catch up with them.

2nd in the league with a 5 point cushion over 4th and the best GD in the division.

New owners who signalled their intent with a possible Lee Hughes signing.

Transfer window only 4 weeks away.

All the major players have now served suspensions for 5 yellows.

Only league football remaining and we are as good as halfway through the campaign.

There is no excuse whatsoever for not pushing on and getting automatic promotion.

Totally agree but we are know there'll be plenty of ups & downs as it's the Vale we're talking about here. I think the key to success will be not getting too up when we win & not getting too down when we lose unlike 50% of the posters on OVF.

6/9pts out of the next three games would keep the bandwagon rolling nicely.

Pope got a timely suspension which should mean he'll be ok for the rest of the season (at current ratio). The team should be strengthened in January and we know we can beat everyone in the league on our day.

So, anything less than 3rd place will be very disappointing.

Archived