onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Local Media

andy jones

I see Mo is putting down a suggestion for a live Radio / Fans Forum debate between his team and V2001.

This is where the local media fail all Vale fans.

Whether you support Mo Chaudry's bid or oppose it we as fans of a (supposedly) fan owned club with a motto of 'For Us All' I think we would all apprecaite actually having the opportunity to hear / read a debate between the two factions.

The Sentinel and Radio Stoke have spent all the last three months printing press releases / interviews from both sides as and when they have been released.

For us poor fans its like being on a see-saw as each piece of rhetoric is released.

As individual fans we deserve our local media to act in OUR best interest and I call on both Radio Stoke and the Sentinel to lobby each group into partaking in both a live radio debate and a newsprint debate.

If either party shows reluctance to partake then the media should quite genuinely be using its 'powers of persuasion' on our behalf to bring them to the table.

If they are unable to achieve that then they should come off the fence themselves and make a public statement as to whom they support - in much the same way as a paper declares its colours at General Election time.

Advert

aj, bang on the money . unfortunately i think we all know what will happen . the local press are frightened of asking any serious questions of the board for fear of upsetting them and having ( news restricted ) by them in the future.

its time for the press to step up to the mark and ( do their jobs ) we want an open debate to prove or disprove the credibility of the chaudry or any other bid. we fans are sick and tired of this ridiculous saga and v2001 board members should hang their heads in shame.

I have just posted similiar sentiments on the NLV EGM thread Andy.

In my letter which appeared in Tuesday' Sjokenel, it was slashed to ribbons simply because I dared to suggest that their reporting was biased in favour of this lousy board. My comments on this topic and several others, including that they should in fact be in support of what the vast majority of fans want once again not a 'dicky bird'. When we have got the job of removing this board done, I feel a statement should be made thanking the local media for 'Nothing'.

I see Mo is putting down a suggestion for a live Radio / Fans Forum debate between his team and V2001.

Whether you support Mo Chaudry's bid or oppose it we as fans of a (supposedly) fan owned club with a motto of 'For Us All' I think we would all apprecaite actually having the opportunity to hear / read a debate between the two factions.

The Sentinel and Radio Stoke have spent all the last three months printing press releases / interviews from both sides as and when they have been released.

For us poor fans its like being on a see-saw as each piece of rhetoric is released.

As individual fans we deserve our local media to act in OUR best interest and I call on both Radio Stoke and the Sentinel to lobby each group into partaking in both a live radio debate and a newsprint debate.

If either party shows reluctance to partake then the media should quite genuinely be using its 'powers of persuasion' on our behalf to bring them to the table.

If they are unable to achieve that then they should come off the fence themselves and make a public statement as to whom they support - in much the same way as a paper declares its colours at General Election time.

If Bratty had nothing to hide then he would do a debate. But we all know the ****** won't do the debate!

I would like to point out (at the risk of making me sounding very big headed) that if you come to OVF you will soon be able to have Q&A threads from both the club and the Mo Chaudry team.

You also get a range of news stories that are often not covered by the local media. Our agenda is to lead with the story that we feel is most important to Vale fans. (I remind you of the Mo bid deadline day when OVF lead with that story whilst the Sentinel lead with Sam Morsy possibly getting a new contract). We have had multiple press releases from B&G, NLV and Mo Chaudry that have received virtually no mention on other local media outlets.

Not only that but the other news sources are covered on OVF via our Port Vale headlines feed on the front page and the latest Tweets related to the club.

So, I do feel there is one place where you can get news that hasn't been neutered for fear of upsetting the board!

The local media do not give a **** about Vale as long as Stoke are in the premier league and reaching semi finals of the fa cup. To me the only local journalist who gives a **** about the worrying state Vale are in is Mick Cullerton.

I'd hardly call Mick Cullerton a journalist!!!!

Is there no-one within Mo's circle with any experience??

I'd nominate myself but been there once before

I’ve just read the local rag and I’ve been reminded of its lazy and biased journalism in reporting what’s going on at the Vale.

1. Instead of splashing the very important and interesting story of ‘Fans claim sufficient backing to demand an EGM’ across the back page the idiots at the Sentinel have instead put ‘ Stoke players decide whether to practice penalties’ load of old boring nonsense there instead as the main story.

2. The front page has the somewhat depressing story about some of our more idiotic players involved in a punch up in Stafford …….at the risk of being labelled as pardantic here I’ve noticed that there are two images of Tom Pope instead of one of Lee Collins.

3. We can always sing ‘2 Tom Popes, there’s only 2 Tom Popes’ if ever we see him grace our hallowed turf in the future!

A journalist by trade myself, now work in public relations and I must stand up for my colleagues a bit, they can be very restricted in what they say for legal reasons - being sued is a constant threat.

It was also interesting when a colleague, who is not even a football fan, asked me via Facebook the other day why Mo was running rings around the Vale board in the Sentinel! This suggests that the coverage is not as one sided as we sometimes think.

However, having said that the Sentinel has been very slow to report some aspects of the current soap opera that is Emmer Vale, sorry Port Vale - perhaps they think B & G, protests etc are old news. To keep getting the coverage the campaign needs to keep coming up with new ideas or so called 'PR stunts'. I also get very, very frustrated at the lame questions asked by Radio Stoke - particularly noticeable during post match interviews.

On the club's PR I have to laugh, it's either none existent or totally counter productive.

Now I work for myself as a freelance PR consultant and I would even give up a couple of hours to do a bit FOC to help out but with the current board in charge - not a chance.

Jonah,

Why noy not phone paraise & grumble up on Friday night and suggest the radio debate live on air to John Acres?

Archived