onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

SC Meeting

Trentham Lakes Valiant

Im happy that they have agreed to run the club to the end of the season.But im not sure about there is no rush is right.There is a need to get a move on so we can add to the squad which in turn will better our chances of promotion.Which will increase attendance,meaning more money for the club etc.

We best hope that as administrators that they don't make to much of a financial loss themselves while running the club.

Advert

Im happy that they have agreed to run the club to the end of the season.But im not sure about there is no rush is right.There is a need to get a move on so we can add to the squad which in turn will better our chances of promotion.Which will increase attendance,meaning more money for the club etc.

We best hope that as administrators that they don't make to much of a financial loss themselves while running the club.

So why would they enjoy running the club, like you say, if they potentially could suffer a loss? You're contradicting yourself now.

So the reason for you to come out with the childish e mail comment was what exactly?

If it was an attempt at trying to be funny dont give up your day job.It is a line that has been used many times before so the punch line has worn out.

It still makes me laugh Melv, the punchline has got years left on my ribs yet don't worry.

You still didn't answer my question though? THe one about how your theory of BY taking his time because he is enjoying himself running the club. I mean, come on, how stupid does that even sound? Mind you, stupid is as stupid does.

So why would they enjoy running the club, like you say, if they potentially could suffer a loss? You're contradicting yourself now.

Could he and his side kick be setting themselves up to form a consortium to run the club between them is a suggestion that i read somewhere else a while ago.Gerald has been involved in similar before,why not again?

Could he and his side kick be setting themselves up to form a consortium to run the club between them is a suggestion that i read somewhere else a while ago.Gerald has been involved in similar before,why not again?

A suggestion you read somewhere? Where was this Melv? YOu read a post on a messageboard where someone asked a question about it (probably you) and now in your head it's definitely happening. 7 interested parties, noone will make themselves public because people like you instantly bombard them with emails and questions.

A suggestion you read somewhere? Where was this Melv? YOu read a post on a messageboard where someone asked a question about it (probably you) and now in your head it's definitely happening. 7 interested parties, noone will make themselves public because people like you instantly bombard them with emails and questions.

Where have I said its definitely happening?

What evidence do you have that I have bombarded any of the interested parties with e mail's?

Oh come off it Melv, even you must realise how far fetched that sounds. You really don't help yourself sometimes. Like I say, not everything has to be a conspiracy.

Lets get some perspective.....

The administrators dont have to tell us fans anything at all, they dont have to inform us of any interest or if that interest is nearing fruition. They are not doing there job for the fans or to keep them informed.

We have to accept the administrators are doing their job to the best of their ability, they will make the decision to pressure potential buyers to commit when they think its appropriate, not because fans want to know. If pressure is applied at the wrong time to a group who are considering spending 1.3M and more there is a good chance they will disappear quicker than rats up a pipe, its a business they are considering spending their money on not a love of the club.

As for the supporters club......

They have been the one constant in all the cack that has gone on over quite a long period. They have represented the fans well, they have sought to influence on behalf of the fans and have secured regular meetings with the administrators and published whatever they could. They are working with the administrators on the fans behalf... what more do you expect? what more can you expect?

Personally I thank them for their efforts on my behalf.... I have no doubt they are doing the best they can under the circumstances to champion the fans.... as for their past/previous efforts I congratulate them for a job well done.

If you want to know when the next SC meeting is.... why not ask them.... on the SC website?

If you wish to know when the SC AGM is due.... see above

Lets be honest if the admins want 5000 fans through the door they really do have to tell us something, they can't have it both ways. In my opinion the supporters club is coming over as very toothless and really tell us nothing more than we already know. Just look at the last few statements from the SC it's pretty much bob young saying nothing an the SC nodding to say they agree. I would like more pressure from the SC on the admins and at the end Of the day if bob young doesn't like it an Isnt prepared to tell anymore then the SC remove their support for the admins and leave them to get on with it

Lets be honest if the admins want 5000 fans through the door they really do have to tell us something, they can't have it both ways. In my opinion the supporters club is coming over as very toothless and really tell us nothing more than we already know. Just look at the last few statements from the SC it's pretty much bob young saying nothing an the SC nodding to say they agree. I would like more pressure from the SC on the admins and at the end Of the day if bob young doesn't like it an Isnt prepared to tell anymore then the SC remove their support for the admins and leave them to get on with it

They dont Want 5000 they simply stated 5000 is the figure needed. Its up to the fans to turn up, or not, to make that figure a reality.

It doesnt really matter to the administrators if Vale goes into liquidation, it may not be what they want but it wont affect their business or fees.

The SC are toothless if you consider being toothless as having no power. The administrators dont even have to meet with the SC and the SC have nothing to threaten them with to change that. They are working together to try to keep Vale afloat until a buyer is found and in the meantime trying to keep the supporters informed as best they can.

If I was a prospective bidder for the club the last thing I would want happening is for the Administrators to be announcing my interest to the world. If the interested parties have to sign confidentiality agreements before they can look at the books then surely that confidentiality works both ways. What useful purpose is served by naming the interested parties other than satisfying the curiosity of folk who have no control over the situation anyway? The job of the Administrators is to do best by the creditors. The fact that they are consulting with the SC is already more than we have a right to expect.

If I was a prospective bidder for the club the last thing I would want happening is for the Administrators to be announcing my interest to the world. If the interested parties have to sign confidentiality agreements before they can look at the books then surely that confidentiality works both ways. What useful purpose is served by naming the interested parties other than satisfying the curiosity of folk who have no control over the situation anyway? The job of the Administrators is to do best by the creditors. The fact that they are consulting with the SC is already more than we have a right to expect.

Bang on the money

I would not dispute any of that. However, if as I believe to be the case, if the SC Committee know of any interested parties, they are duty bound to inform the fans. Howsoever they came across such info is no concern of ours. The SC have signed no confidentiality agreements so any information that comes into the public domain would be the fault of the Adminstrator.

Archived