onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

coventry/tranmere behind closed doors

windsorvale4ever

I see get at Johnny Aitch day continued in my absence

If the Avatar is revolting please report it to admin..I will readily change it if they agree

What's pathetic about the multi quoting? I do it so people can clealry see which points I am replying to..I find it aids clarity.

For the record, I think your multi quoting make the converation easier to follow as you know exactly which bits of previous posts you are refering too. I'd do it myself if I could figure out how.

Advert

I didn't say thick did I? One can lack the knowledge to understand something and it does not mean one is thick..I certainly don't think most people are thick..what an unsophisticated word for someone with such a mastery of verbiage to use

Separate argument as to whether the ordinary man in the street should be making such votes (of course they should and it's a price we pay for democracy)..and the ordinary man in the street does not vote on the technicalities which they would be expected to do so in the situation you are proposing

Nonsensical..is the ordinary man in the street is in a position to make such a determination re a takeover of PVFC.

I reckon I am an ordinary fan. I already acknowledged that i would not have the knowledge to make such a decision re a takeover..so I have absolutely no idea how you come to the conclusion that I am conceited..makes no sense at all. What you would call sophistry

Oh dear Jonnhy :( paranoia seems to be taking hold.

For the record, I think your multi quoting make the converation easier to follow as you know exactly which bits of previous posts you are refering too. I'd do it myself if I could figure out how.

Fraid I don't have any clever method for doing it but I'd be happy to share what I do with you via PM..and indeed with anyone else who wishes to wield this beneficial method of posting ;)

Oh dear Jonnhy :( paranoia seems to be taking hold.

You could not be more wrong.

You really need to accept how wrong you are on me..you call me conceited when there is so much evidence on here to the contrary and paranoid when no one who is paranoid would come on here and open themselves up to ridicule and insult as i do.

Your claims make no sense given the evidence available on here.

Take a step back and look at the facts

Matt. There are some obvious issues I would have with making this a public vote. It's not about whether supporters are "thick" as you blatantly put it, but whether it is a truly workable system. How many other companies in administration have votes like this in takeovers?

1) Who can vote? Anyone or just Vale fans? How would you feel about 10000 Stoke fans voting for the what they think is the worst bid? Not that they would, but they could in your scenario.

2) What would be the cost to the club, which don't forget would already be in administration?

3) How would a bidder present their bid to the public? Somewhere there has to be accurate information. Or do you go by what people say on web sites like this from their reliable sources that they never mention, how would you know what was reality?

No Vantaa, Jonnhy inferred in a previous post that the 'ordinary fan' was thick. I was so incredulous to such a condescending remark that I reworked his comment back into my reply.

Who can vote would be quite easy to work out. Season ticket holders; Supporters Club members; and if the administration took place during the season, then at the next 2 home games vouchers could be given out to the 'ordinary fan' (not my words) that, for whatever reason are not S/T holders or S/C's members. This would allow the majority an opportunity to have a say and also ensure that unscrupulous Stoke fans or ex board members etc. could spoil the vote.

The cost of a simple ballot like this would not endanger the clubs' already tenuous position. And also it could be self funded by the Supporters club or the many kind donations that we received.

Actually yes let's get back on track...MattyBoolay if you wish to continue pls open a separate thread, more than heppy to continue despite my paranoia, conceit and so on (I am being sarcastic by the way re paranoia etc just in case it's not clear, but thenperhaps by needing to point that outr I am being paranoid..or just being clear..I'll let you decide as you know so much about me)

No Vantaa, Jonnhy inferred in a previous post that the 'ordinary fan' was thick. I was so incredulous to such a condescending remark that I reworked his comment back into my reply.

Who can vote would be quite easy to work out. Season ticket holders; Supporters Club members; and if the administration took place during the season, then at the next 2 home games vouchers could be given out to the 'ordinary fan' (not my words) that, for whatever reasons, was not a S/T holder or S/C member. This would allow the majority an opportunity to have a say and also ensure that unscrupulous Stoke fans or ex board members etc. from spoiling the vote.

The cost of a simple ballot like this would not endanger the clubs' already tenuous position. And also it could be self funded by the Supporters club and the many kind donations that we received.

What's to stop 10000 Stoke fans joining the SC to sabotage the vote?

MAd idea!

Actually yes let's get back on track...MattyBoolay if you wish to continue pls open a separate thread, more than heppy to continue despite my paranoia, conceit and so on (I am being sarcastic by the way re paranoia etc just in case it's not clear, but thenperhaps by needing to point that outr I am being paranoid..or just being clear..I'll let you decide as you know so much about me)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wrong and a total misrepresentation of what I posted

Here it is

"You think that the ordinary fan in the street has the knowledge to make that decision? I've worked in finance and with limited companies for 20+ years and I know that I wouldn't be able to"

I referred to knowledge not 'thickness' and I even included myself in not being able to make such a decsiion due to my own lack of knowledge.

And I have already classified myself as an ordinary fan on this thread

Your claim about me bears no relation to what I posted nor to the truth about me

Pointless conversing with you if you can't even represent someone's comments accurately when they are readily available to you

Bye

What's to stop 10000 Stoke fans joining the SC to sabotage the vote?

MAd idea!

What a completely useless point. As if 10000 Stokies could really be bothered?? That's like saying -

What's to stop the administrators from being Stoke fans and sabotaging the whole process?

Irrelevant.

Archived