onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An evening with DM & Matt Hancock - Thurs 2nd May

Advert

13 hours ago, Vtid said:

He isn’t a failed manager tho is he. The 5 clubs he’s managed he’s had more success than failure. Yes his last two ( up to now ) haven’t been great but his overall win percentage as a manager is over 40% which is decent. As for the 3 players released there will be more on their way! Poor Bill 😭😭😭

3 wins in 27. 2 wins in around 18, both teams getting relegated. What do you call a failed manager?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

3 wins in 27. 2 wins in around 18, both teams getting relegated. What do you call a failed manager?

Surely your not putting Vale & Huddersfield’s relegations solely on Moore? Huddersfield have been on the decline pre Darren Moore & scraped to safety the season before he took over & the damage at Vale was done long before he walked into the door. I’m not dismissing those records you’ve mentioned but it was always going to be a tough task keep us up. And Huddersfield’s results haven’t really improved since he left. I’d say a failed manager is someone who’s never had success? He’s had a promotion at Wednesday & did brilliant at Doncaster leaving them in a much better place than when he arrived. West Brom fans love him. Was unlucky not to keep them in the premier league & had them in 4th in the championship before he was bizarrely sacked. I think this next season is massive in regards to his career as a manager. Like I said anyone with a 40% win ratio or more as a manager is decent. He’s had 5 clubs, 3 have been successful 2 haven’t…. So far 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 6

52 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

If your judging his managerial career as a success or failure you have to take the whole of his management into consideration, you can’t just go off his last 2 & ignore his previous 3. Upto now throughout his career he’s had more success than failure that’s a fact 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Vtid said:

Surely your not putting Vale & Huddersfield’s relegations solely on Moore? Huddersfield have been on the decline pre Darren Moore & scraped to safety the season before he took over & the damage at Vale was done long before he walked into the door. I’m not dismissing those records you’ve mentioned but it was always going to be a tough task keep us up. And Huddersfield’s results haven’t really improved  since he left. I’d say a failed manager is someone who’s never had success? He’s had a promotion at Wednesday & did brilliant at Doncaster leaving them in a much better place than when he arrived. West Brom fans love him. Was unlucky not to keep them in the premier league & had them in 4th in the championship before he was bizarrely sacked. I think this next season is massive in regards to his career as a manager. Like I said anyone with a 40% win ratio or more as a manager is decent. He’s had 5 clubs, 3 have been successful 2 haven’t…. So far 

Obviously Darrell Clarke is a complete failure at Cheltenham because they got relegated. Of course not, he did his best. At PV despite everything, we only just went down. I blame three main things.

Acts of complete incompetence by the players including the loss to Exeter. If we count these up we could have stayed up. My favourite is Smith passing the ball to the opposition striker whilst our goalie is stood 25 yards out of goal. 

Failure to score goals - let the main strikers in 2022/3 leave and replace with unfit strikers would score much less often. 

Failure to establish, through signings and players released, a competent defence. Opposition get behind the wingbacks game after game  Opposition score from crosses or their aftermath game after game because we haven't got a dominant centre half. 

Our relegation is down to the players. We can argue if they could have been good enough to stay up with more diligence or whether they were never going to be good enough. 

I think Darren Moore has seen enough. By way of signings and departures and by way of pre season we will be better in 2024/5. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Agreed. Even seeing his picture on that wind up merchants posts makes me feel sick.

For us all,   lol

LS,

It is easy to wipe out the WUM ... 🙂

You've chosen to ignore content by Killersrevenge44. 

• Like 3

Folk picking and choosing Moore’s past record to suit their argument.

He’s got some excellent success in good situations and poor failures in bad situations.

We need to make sure this is the former.

• Like 5

I think a better way of putting it is that Moore is not a manager who can drag a failing club up single-handedly, the way DC has often done. He can make a decent squad compete at the top end, but he isn’t a firefighter.

When he’s in a situation with a good budget and a decent squad, he’s pretty much guaranteed his employers a playoff finish throughout his career. When he’s in a situation with a poorer budget and a lacking squad, he’s been relegated.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

I think a better way of putting it is that Moore is not a manager who can drag a failing club up single-handedly, the way DC has often done. He can make a decent squad compete at the top end, but he isn’t a firefighter.

When he’s in a situation with a good budget and a decent squad, he’s pretty much guaranteed his employers a playoff finish throughout his career. When he’s in a situation with a poorer budget and a lacking squad, he’s been relegated.

All 3 of those relegations have come when he’s took charge mid way through the season or after the season has started. He’s never been relegated in his managerial career to date with a squad he has been in charge of from game 1. West Brom we’re 10 points from safety & bottom of the premier league when he was appointed & only 6 games left. Almost an impossible task that, which he very nearly pulled off. Similar with Vale in regards to the difficulty & damage he walked into although Huddersfield if he had remained in charge there’s no doubt he’d of took them down but again he took over in September after the season had already begun. The jobs he has struggled in so far haven’t been the best decisions he’s made to be honest as none were easy at all but at the same time would have done wonders for his CV if he had pulled them off so can also see his reasoning behind them 

Edited by Vtid

The address by the owners recently posted on the website is very good from a supporter perspective. I do feel empathy for the owners and therefore can have sympathy when things they have tried at the club don't work out. There have been owners and people in charge when I was only aligned with the history and tradition of the club. So I am hopeful we can ultimately establish ourselves as a secure L1 club and maybe grow from there. I will stick at it as they are. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

What are the 'facts'? 

Flitcroft, five year deals for a  failed manager, desperate meetings with an inexperienced executive and a manager claiming that 17 players under contract may not be here, throwing away two goal leads that ultimately relegated the club wasting all the good years between 2010 to now. 

Three players pathetically let go when at least 12 players should be shown the door, our best grounds man being pushed out, Colin Garlick pushed out, shocking account figures, no transparency on the SS acquisition, an owner in hiding, questions remain unanswered.. 

And poor old Bill Bratt gets more stick than any of the above!!! 

Your comments are clearly wind ups not worthy of serious consideration.

However, the last paragraph is true. Beating him with a stick is far too lenient.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Steve Speed was an excellent asset to the club

He probably was whilst Bratt was Chair as he was prepared to turn out morning, noon and night working with a pitchfork and no budget.

Unfortunately, when faced with a honest and entrepreneurial boss who was willing to invest a million and more on redesigning and improving the pitch Steve, I suspect, didn't meet the criteria required.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Vtid said:

Surely your not putting Vale & Huddersfield’s relegations solely on Moore? Huddersfield have been on the decline pre Darren Moore & scraped to safety the season before he took over & the damage at Vale was done long before he walked into the door. I’m not dismissing those records you’ve mentioned but it was always going to be a tough task keep us up. And Huddersfield’s results haven’t really improved since he left. I’d say a failed manager is someone who’s never had success? He’s had a promotion at Wednesday & did brilliant at Doncaster leaving them in a much better place than when he arrived. West Brom fans love him. Was unlucky not to keep them in the premier league & had them in 4th in the championship before he was bizarrely sacked. I think this next season is massive in regards to his career as a manager. Like I said anyone with a 40% win ratio or more as a manager is decent. He’s had 5 clubs, 3 have been successful 2 haven’t…. So far 

Ok, can you name a failed manager? Gannon had success with Stockport, Crosby with Northern Ireland all be it as a coach. The last season Moore has been a total failure.