onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket renewals

Old fort

4 minutes ago, WV said:

Port Vale cannot be self sufficient and compete in league 1. 

No club can. If Bradford City can’t and Wrexham sit third despite mega wealth in league 2, then clearly Vale need support financially. In fact, Charlton, a hugely resourced club, have struggled this season, tells you that it is the well run club with versatile revenue streams that wins the day. 

My biggest criticism of Carol is that the club is run like an old fashioned family business, a style of ownership that has long since died out in the football league to any great success. We need a consortium of investors who healthy hold each other to account. Sadly we get crooks like MOLD , when I am thinking more along the lines of Luton. 

Advert

On 10/03/2024 at 09:03, ollyandpatch said:

We should be told in the next couple of weeks the price for next season.

Surely with basement league football on offer we should see at least a freeze in prices if not a slight reduction.

It will be interesting to see whether the hospitality boxes sell out like this season, and I would imagine sales overall will fall by 1500.

Flitcroft Out.

Olly whilst I agree with what you say, if the product isn’t good then why should you pay the same for an inferior one. However unless there is a clause in players contracts regarding relegation, we’ll be paying them the same wages.

14 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I think that hes created so much damage amongst the support base that even if he was moved to those area's, the fan's would not trust that he's not involved with the first team recruitment.

The trust is that far gone that it needs a clean break

Brian, you are right and his contract should be confidential. We know he’s full time now, but how long is his contract for and could we afford to terminate the contract.?

Moore has always worked under a DOF model hasn’t he? He has no record of calling the shots on recruitment. 
Did he not leave Wednesday because he could not strengthen them on promotion? Seems he was right? Most clubs have DoF or Sporting Directors nowadays , even Barrow. It is the recruitment process or system that counts, limited by the budget. Without input into the system squads become unsuited.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Did he not leave Wednesday because he could not strengthen them on promotion? Seems he was right? Most clubs have DoF or Sporting Directors nowadays , even Barrow. It is the recruitment process or system that counts, limited by the budget. Without input into the system squads become unsuited.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Yeah that’s right. The idea Flitcroft goes and we get a lot of quality league 1 standard players in seems a pipe dream. I’m pretty sure if we had the money, it would have been spent on a bit of quality. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Yeah that’s right. The idea Flitcroft goes and we get a lot of quality league 1 standard players in seems a pipe dream. I’m pretty sure if we had the money, it would have been spent on a bit of quality. 

Look at the total waste of money that he wasted on Wilson, Uche and Loft for starters

3 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Look at the total waste of money that he wasted on Wilson, Uche and Loft for starters

Wilson was not a waste. He was brilliant in league 2 and has remained on little more than that as a league 2 striker. Uche isn’t on big bucks as he came a desperate man without a club and Loft is on £3k per week at most. That’s conference money. 

Conlon earns more at Oldham than he did at Vale! 

We won’t get players who are any good on poverty pay. 

• Like 3

Just now, TJHValiant said:

Wilson was not a waste. He was brilliant in league 2 and has remained on little more than that as a league 2 striker. Uche isn’t on big bucks as he came a desperate man without a club and Loft is on £3k per week at most. That’s conference money. 

Conlon earns more at Oldham than he did at Vale! 

We won’t get players who are any good on poverty pay. 

Wilson's been an utter waste of a wage in League One for the two season's we have been in League One.

We could have had 2 x quality strikers for the 3 wages we have paid out to Wilson, Uche and Loft

Just now, Brian Johnson said:

Wilson's been an utter waste of a wage in League One for the two season's we have been in League One.

We could have had 2 x quality strikers for the 3 wages we have paid out to Wilson, Uche and Loft

Wilson was under contract until last summer so unless paid off wasn’t going to go anywhere. That 2 year deal included brilliant memories in league 2 where he contributed to a promotion. Everyone was gutted when he left saying stuff like if it wasn’t for injuries he’d be in the Champ etc. 

Uche, Loft and Wilson combined probably wouldn’t cover the wages of a top league 1 man. 

Uche only really had two months of football And was getting better all the time. 

Loft is a waste, but he is not the leading league 1 striker we need. He is bench fodder, to come on for a jog for the last 20 mins when 2-0 up. However bench fodder is still 3k per week and that’s what we have. 

Matty Taylor has more goals than all our lads however and he looked poor for Vale. 

Let me tell you, name me proven, quality strikers in this league under 6k per week. I know of none. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Wilson was under contract until last summer so unless paid off wasn’t going to go anywhere. That 2 year deal included brilliant memories in league 2 where he contributed to a promotion. Everyone was gutted when he left saying stuff like if it wasn’t for injuries he’d be in the Champ etc. 

Uche, Loft and Wilson combined probably wouldn’t cover the wages of a top league 1 man. 

Uche only really had two months of football And was getting better all the time. 

Loft is a waste, but he is not the leading league 1 striker we need. He is bench fodder, to come on for a jog for the last 20 mins when 2-0 up. However bench fodder is still 3k per week and that’s what we have. 

Matty Taylor has more goals than all our lads however and he looked poor for Vale. 

Let me tell you, name me proven, quality strikers in this league under 6k per week. I know of none. 

Wilson had an abysmal two years in league one and got quiet rightly released last summer at the end of his contract.  

We then had to resign him because we embarrassingly could not sign any other strikers.

How many goals Wilson scored in League One for Port Vale?

Uche, 1 goal Uche, do me a favour.

The wages from the 3 strikers mentioned have a combined total of £9k+ and we could have easily divided that amongst to very good strikers for our level.

11 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Wilson had an abysmal two years in league one and got quiet rightly released last summer at the end of his contract.  

We then had to resign him because we embarrassingly could not sign any other strikers.

How many goals Wilson scored in League One for Port Vale?

Uche, 1 goal Uche, do me a favour.

The wages from the 3 strikers mentioned have a combined total of £9k+ and we could have easily divided that amongst to very good strikers for our level.

No way are all three on about 3k per week. Wilson was only given half a season initially and extended after looking like our best guy. 

The lack of goals is also due to a complete lack of creativity in the team. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

No way are all three on about 3k per week. Wilson was only given half a season initially and extended after looking like our best guy. 

The lack of goals is also due to a complete lack of creativity in the team. 

Between them they are on £9k +

• Haha 1