onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Alex Mighten

smithie

1 hour ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Was Wilson scoring goals at the start of the season ?  Yep and he was getting the service into him and  at the moment the service is non existent even Mo Salah would struggle with it but we've all got different opinions let's just agree to disagree and crack on 👍

We didn’t even want him at the start of the season that says it all 😂 he’s bagged 4 goals all season. Nathan smith has 2 he’s not good enough. Has 1 good game in about every 6-7. If he’s not injured he’s strolling around the pitch not arsed. Never won a header in his career he’s overrated & that’s my opinion if we’re talking opinions. He is not the type of player you want in a relegation scrap that’s for sure. I’d rather Ryan loft who flies into tackles & works hard in the situation we find ourselves in right now 

Advert

42 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Wilson looking dejected is probably something to do with no service into him , he's one of the best finishers at the club in my opinion but he needs service

He needs to roll his sleeves up & show that he wants to be here & I’ll get behind him. Not saying he can’t finish or create goals when he’s on his game that’s not what people are saying 

1 hour ago, Osh said:

Funny that; I thought he was MotM on Saturday.  I had two text messages from two other Vale fans saying the same thing, and the bloke sat next to me in the crowd - who i'd never met before in my life, said the same thing.  For me he was one of a (small) handful of players who seemed to playing for his shirt and actually giving a fook.

It's also sh1te of our fans to take the piss out of him while he warming up for the game, It's plain bloody stupid.  As others have said, we don't have many options so to slag off and take the piss out of a player before we kick a ball in is stupidity of the highest order.  

Anyone who watched the match on Saturday could see Loft was one of the few who gave it 100%. He had a bad start at the club but Saturday he was one of the few players who came out in credit.

11 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

No offence but a good shift is the bare minimum for a pro player , At the end of the day Loft is league 2 standard so if we go down he'll be orate there Wilson is a better goal threat option at this level just my opinion though you don't have to agree with me squire 🤨

It is the bare minimum and Wilson hasn’t been meeting it. No question that Wilson is a better player, he clearly is. But he’s not trying and not involved with the games. His record is poor and he’s injured most of the time. Get rid imo

12 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

No offence but a good shift is the bare minimum for a pro player , At the end of the day Loft is league 2 standard so if we go down he'll be orate there Wilson is a better goal threat option at this level just my opinion though you don't have to agree with me squire 🤨

Why doesn’t Wilson put a good shift in then? And if we go down nobody in league 1 would touch him! He’s had 2 seasons at this level & been poor in both for the majority 

2 minutes ago, JRC said:

Anyone who watched the match on Saturday could see Loft was one of the few who gave it 100%. He had a bad start at the club but Saturday he was one of the few players who came out in credit.

Good point he’s done alright last few games. One of very few who actually cares whether we stay up or not 

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

It is the bare minimum and Wilson hasn’t been meeting it. No question that Wilson is a better player, he clearly is. But he’s not trying and not involved with the games. His record is poor and he’s injured most of the time. Get rid imo

We’re not aloud to criticise James Wilson tho mate 🙄

12 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Was Wilson scoring goals at the start of the season ?  Yep and he was getting the service into him and  at the moment the service is non existent even Mo Salah would struggle with it but we've all got different opinions let's just agree to disagree and crack on 👍

The yak was like a brick wall start of the season. It’s irrelevant if he’s been poor recently. Anyone that’s playing awful or uninterested can be criticised whether your Gavin Massey or James can’t do no wrong Wilson 

58 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

And the fact he Dosent give a crap. We bollock loft when he gets no service, at least last Saturday he put a good shift in. I’m done with Wilson, get rid end of season and he will either pack it in or be back in league 2 at a different club 

How can you be 'done with him' when we give him zero service.  The man runs his bag off every game and we've got no one feeding the ball into him.  It really is no his fault.

7 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Loft put lots of effort in , made some good challenges but ineffective, one shot on goal, a 39 yarder which was as close to the corner flag than the goal - as soon as he got booked, the challenges stopped and he was invisible again. Loft is not the answer, one goal for us all season and doesn’t hold the ball up well. Agree, that Wilson was not in the game at all on Saturday, don’t think he had 5 touches of the ball all game and agree he also should be dropped to the bench.

3 goals between the pair of them this season, yet we continue with the pair of them- if we continue to do so, then we resign ourselves to division 2 next season. 

Who would you pick then?

44 minutes ago, Osh said:

How can you be 'done with him' when we give him zero service.  The man runs his bag off every game and we've got no one feeding the ball into him.  It really is no his fault.

You must have been watching a different player to me then mate. He does not run his bag off he strolls around pathetically. If he’s putting a shift in week in week out then god knows what loft is doing because it’s far more effort & desire than Willo has been recently. He’s been bloody awful since he has his contract renewed make of that what you will. Before he re signed that contract he was running his socks off & looked like he wanted to be here. I’ll say it again James Wilson is not the sort of player you want in a relegation scrap 

1 hour ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Wilson looking dejected is probably something to do with no service into him , he's one of the best finishers at the club in my opinion but he needs service

Does his record say he’s the best finisher?  Either way it’s not just about finishing it’s about getting in the right areas.  Ben Garrity hasn’t got the ability of Wilson but could still teach him a thing or two on that score.

7 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Loft put lots of effort in , made some good challenges but ineffective, one shot on goal, a 39 yarder which was as close to the corner flag than the goal - as soon as he got booked, the challenges stopped and he was invisible again. Loft is not the answer, one goal for us all season and doesn’t hold the ball up well. Agree, that Wilson was not in the game at all on Saturday, don’t think he had 5 touches of the ball all game and agree he also should be dropped to the bench.

3 goals between the pair of them this season, yet we continue with the pair of them- if we continue to do so, then we resign ourselves to division 2 next season. 

The shot from Loft was NOT near the corner flag.  I was sat to the left of the goals and it swerved through to the bloke a few seats to my right.  And to be fair to him the ball sat up for a snap shot.  At least he showed some guts to have a shot.  On another day that could have come off.

Archived