onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

11 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

The investment has gone into the wrong place though hasn't it # new training facilities when frankly the most important thing the playing squad has been severely neglected and underfunded hence that's why we are where we are  the recruitment has been an absolute bag of shytte and that is the responsibility of Fraudcroft he's gotta go

But if all the money went on the team you are building on sand. I totally get the frustration though, every decision since Uches sale to Charlton fell through has been fuelled by panic. By the way, that move collapsed because of a failed medical. So maybe trying to improve the training ground isn't such a bad idea.

Advert

10 hours ago, Bede said:

In my 46 yr lifetime, I have never known us have attendance restrictions due to insufficient facilities.  We have now. 

But in fairness mate in your lifetime (and mine) people died at football matches so that point is a non starter really.

4 hours ago, Vtid said:

But we haven’t changed the stadium in 20 years. 20 years!!! There’s a 5 year plan in place 🙄 oh he will do mate when floor cloth feeds him with his dairylea lunchable, kinder egg & fruit shoot for his lunch 

Sounds like a hell of a lunch to be fair.

14 hours ago, Stockleys_socks said:

We lose our best wingback, top scorer and centre forward to long term injuries. Is that flitcrofts fault?

We miss out on good targets in January due to situations out of our hands. These would not have been cheap options. If we'd gone out and signed bang average players instead imagine the backlash.

Do people really think that flitcroft will be dictating tactics to Darren Moore?

There's so much unsubstantiated <ovf censored> being said at the moment. I firmly believe if we hadn't had the injuries we've had we'd be comfortable mid table.

And the same people who are mocking this post are probably the same people who are moaning about money being spent on the training ground, the main cause of all these injuries. Probably also who are only judging the situation on results data but then slag off our use of data algorithms in scouting. Make up your minds people.

14 hours ago, Granville said:

Micky Adams got us promoted while we were in administration without a kit to play in! 

What money we had we invested in a good manager with contacts who played a bold brand of football and was tactically good. 

More importantly we invested in players who were winners. Might not have been the best players but they had the right mentality - never shirked a challenge, put their bodies on the line, went the extra mile.

We didn't have fancy facilities, amazing community projects, top notch training grounds or Directors of Football. 

Stevenage don't have any of that. Neither do Northampton, Bristol Rovers etc. 

But they HAVE put money into their first team to survive at this level. We don't appear to have done that - it also appears that all this infrastructure is a convenient excuse not to do it.

Short-termist drivel at its finest there. Yeah Micky got us promoted because he was a superb manager. One of the best we've ever had. What was the aftermath of that season? No progress, relegation within 3 years, near extinction and liquidation. Great strategy, let's do it again.

15 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Mate all respect this so called 5 year plan does not involve relegation. 

Absolutely no divine right to coming straight back up . 

We are still League one as it stands. If we go down as looks likely then the position of DF is untenable. He is responsible for transfers and has failed massively. 

Folk rightly bang on about Arblaster and Devine but even with them we were sinking.

The awful signings of Loft, Williams from Liverpool and offering deals to Jones are the legacy Flitcroft leaves from this season. Disgraceful. 

Do you recall Vale getting relegated under John Rudge in 1995. If you had your way then he would have been sacked and we would never have had the amazing period that followed.

2 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

But in fairness mate in your lifetime (and mine) people died at football matches so that point is a non starter really.

Just about to shut eye and a quick check at why I went off this site for years until this weekend.

What an absolute stupid nonsensical statement that is.

The paddock bogs are <ovf censored>. You have restrictions on how many fans you can house. Yet you go on about fans dying without those restrictions?

<ovf censored> me sidewards. The last fans to die in a stadium in this country was Hillsborough. 35 years ago. And you’re comparing that to Bede saying he’s not known restrictions in his lifetime or as good as!

He is right. It’s health and safety gone mad and a lack of genuine “I could give a <ovf censored> about you minions” from the owner.

4 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Short-termist drivel at its finest there. Yeah Micky got us promoted because he was a superb manager. One of the best we've ever had. What was the aftermath of that season? No progress, relegation within 3 years, near extinction and liquidation. Great strategy, let's do it again.

Rob Page got us to a 9th place finish and he ended up managing his country. 

1 minute ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

You are arguing with facts now?

There’s facts and there’s stupid facts to justify your argument.

No tragedy had happened in a football league stadium in England since 1989. 

And if you’re gonna use that period of time to justify your point that we need restrictions in our ground through health and safety then I can just say you’re one very delusional chap.

15 hours ago, Granville said:

Because we actually have no full backs at the club either. The nearest we have is Mitch Clark. If we switched to four at the back we'd end up with Lowe or Sang at right back and Grant or (God help us) Jones at left back.

Shorrock is a winger converted into a wing back. All our other "wing backs" are wingers or midfielders.

Its actually hilarious that Flitcroft has tried to say our recruitment has been good but failed to address that we play this system without having half the players capable of actually doing it!

I think yesterday it was a case of not changing too much so quick. Fully expect to see 433 sooner rather than later.

1 minute ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

You are arguing with actual facts yet I am delusional. Do you know how long it takes to pass a law? About 6 years. Those laws came into place in 1994 or 1995. We had until 1999 to adopt them. Apart from the Lorne Street our ground has had little investment since.

Firstly I’ll address the “have you been drinking on a school night”. 
No. I’ve not long been in from work.

Not that I need to justify myself to you.

So let’s put that one to bed and don’t be nasty. Being angry to other Vale fans ain’t good. We all want success.

Secondly. When I said about the injuries I wasn’t on about the pitch. I was pointing towards the superb training and recovering facilities we have, yet we seem to have injuries galore since “sport science” as well as the training facilities took over. And maybe that’s where things should be looked at even at the top level. How many injuries in the game in general since this sport science <ovf censored> came into the game?!!

Thirdly. The point people make is that if they can fork out on x amount for the prawn sandwich brigade, it’s not hard to look after your own supporters and keep the ground intact.

Bedes point. Was this…… He’s never seen restrictions in attendance in his life. And that is true. Apart from the old  family stand which is now where the new big screen is. 

So all I am saying is that nobody is gonna die if the paddock bogs were sorted and the stand was full because history shows you, Everton, Arsenal at home in 96 and 98 to use two examples, that everyone came to a football match and had a wee and went home safe.

And finally fuzzy…… Don’t be so angry.

Express your thoughts. We all love the Vale. Don’t get personal and have a lovely day and a lovely week and here’s to the sheer hope of not getting beat on Tuesday.

Youre welcome.

Goodnight. And sweet dreams.

Thing is "Spunk", re modern life in general. Some things get taken seriously and rightly so. I gave an Extra Strong mint to a police horse @ Newcastle, the horse loved it his/her handler gave me a ticking off. 

Think we drew 2-2, but the fun bus was bad then.

Re the restrictions, that is the "modern world"  good or bad? 

Remember going to Walsall, Fellows Park and anything that was loose would be a handy thing to throw. So I do see why safety is important. 

Fanzone helps, it gives the normal fan a bit more hospitality. Paddock is not the same no tin cans lying around to kick about and police telling you to get off the wall, when your trying to play "hide and seek"

Plus the Lorne Street wallers, second half gates would be open and some would come in, bonkers.

Archived