onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Slow loading and freezing

1 hour ago, manc_vale said:

@rsb  Let me try this possibility. Are you logging in because you see a login button on the front page?

Whenever I visit from front page of OVF, I also get a login button. However if I ignore it and press Forum I find that I am actually still logged in. See image below for what I see on the front page. It shows a login button even though I am logged in.

Maybe if you pressed Forum from the front page you will find you are logged in from the last time. 

It might be something else, but interested to know what happens when you try the above.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 14.51.45.png

HI, mach_vale thank for your reply i use the sign in at the top i can open the front page doing what you said but that wont let me reply to topics unless a modarater checks first  when i open ovf i get the front page then a box which comes up over the front page and says onevalefan under that it says we value your privacy with writing under that then agree  it then goes off when i agree and sign in to ovf i have to do this every time i go on ovf sorry it is long winded.  

Advert

1 hour ago, rsb said:

HI, mach_vale thank for your reply i use the sign in at the top i can open the front page doing what you said but that wont let me reply to topics unless a modarater checks first  when i open ovf i get the front page then a box which comes up over the front page and says onevalefan under that it says we value your privacy with writing under that then agree  it then goes off when i agree and sign in to ovf i have to do this every time i go on ovf sorry it is long winded.  

Hmmm. unless there are a flood of other people suffering in silence, my suspicion is that there is something that isn't right with your cookie settings. It's possible that they have been disabled for this website. OVF like many websites will use cookies so that it knows that you are logged in (known as a session cookie). 

Can you give me the model name of the device you use to access OVF.

50 minutes ago, manc_vale said:

Hmmm. unless there are a flood of other people suffering in silence, my suspicion is that there is something that isn't right with your cookie settings. It's possible that they have been disabled for this website. OVF like many websites will use cookies so that it knows that you are logged in (known as a session cookie). 

Can you give me the model name of the device you use to access OVF.

I had the same problem last year, it turned out, like you say, my iPad was set to not allow cookies.

dont know how that managed to happen though.

Archived