onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Any Goodbye's from the players?

manuel

Richards lives in Rugeley and his Mrs owns a hairdressers. He is a really honest guy and always has time to for a chat. He wants to stay but he is 29 and needs a decent deal. He has had offers from Fleetwood, Preston, Hull, Shrewsbury again, Hull and Hibs. Some stand out more than others and Hibs offered him less wages than we give him which tells your the state of Scottish football, he wants to stay but needs the deal of a proven L2 goalscorer.

Advert

I wouldnt lose any sleep whoever we lose out of that squad barring maybe Loft, we haven't really challenged in the last few seasons with them, alot of them are just your average midtable League 2 player

Richards lives in Rugeley and his Mrs owns a hairdressers. He is a really honest guy and always has time to for a chat. He wants to stay but he is 29 and needs a decent deal. He has had offers from Fleetwood, Preston, Hull, Shrewsbury again, Hull and Hibs. Some stand out more than others and Hibs offered him less wages than we give him which tells your the state of Scottish football, he wants to stay but needs the deal of a proven L2 goalscorer.

Hull? Really? can't see the signing of Marc impressing their fans, a team who challenge for the Championship play offs signing a striker from League 2 who isn't far off 30.

Hull? Really? can't see the signing of Marc impressing their fans, a team who challenge for the Championship play offs signing a striker from League 2 who isn't far off 30.

He's clearly talking ******** because he also said Fleetwood had offered for him as well.

Why don't we just all do the sensible thing and wait until next week before commenting and fear-mongering?

I thought the retained list was tomorrow.

Also, where was Paul Marshall?

I don't think many people are that worried about players leaving. Every player has at least someone who hates him. Players who you might say, we couldn't do without, are thin on the ground.

I thought the retained list was tomorrow.

Also, where was Paul Marshall?

I don't think many people are that worried about players leaving. Every player has at least someone who hates him. Players who you might say, we couldn't do without, are thin on the ground.

He is talking to the players tomorrow,so i guess it will be Wednesday when we know who is on the retained list.As for Marshall,i will be surprised if MA keeps him,i think we will try to keep Shuker though.

The way i see it is that we need 6-8 decent players coming in, first team players. Then we need the squad players which i think will be some of the current ones. I can't see Adams only keeping 4 or 5 current players then having to go out & get in 13-15 new ones all at once? I think this factor as to be considered when we find out the retained list, not jump all over Adams just because he might want to keep a certain player you may feel isn't quite good enough. Lets just support Adams, trust his judgement & review his performance at the end of the next campaign. It's going to be an exciting next 12 months & i want to try & enjoy it, got a good feeling about it. ===

I think a lot of who stays and who goes will depend on who Adams is confident of getting into the club and their playing position.Its no good saying that player ? is out IF Adams is not confident of a better replacement.Some might not be on the retained list once the meetings have taken place but if Adams isn't confident of getting a better replacement then that player could end up staying.

this is a massive test for adams to show the fans what he is about - the re-signing of players like james yates martin pope roe and marshall will confirm that we are headed for more of the same - there must be big question mark over Dodds and Taylor - taylor still hasn't shown enough and dodds, where do you play him? - as he is not quick enough on the wing and not strong enough as a striker

The way i see it is that we need 6-8 decent players coming in, first team players. Then we need the squad players which i think will be some of the current ones. I can't see Adams only keeping 4 or 5 current players then having to go out & get in 13-15 new ones all at once? I think this factor as to be considered when we find out the retained list, not jump all over Adams just because he might want to keep a certain player you may feel isn't quite good enough. Lets just support Adams, trust his judgement & review his performance at the end of the next campaign. It's going to be an exciting next 12 months & i want to try & enjoy it, got a good feeling about it. ===

I dont think Adams has 12mths, i thinkthe more of the squad he retains the more pressure he is putting on himself.

He knows everything about the Popes, Yates, Taylors, Owens, Martin & Tomlinsons of this world & all have been poor over thelast 12mths.

Suppose he (asi suspect he will) retains 13-14 of this squad & adds say 4-5 (as some suggest its all we need) & then we have apoor start to season & say Christmas are sat in the bottom half of the table do you believe that the notoriously patient vale fans will stay silent??

I think if he gets rid of a few and brings in 8-9 better players then people may give him 12mths in order to blend the team together.

i'll get shot down no doubt but i just dont think MA has 12mths if he keeps most of these together.

Well i won't be shooting him down half way through the season. This will be his season with no distractions & i will judge him after the seasons end, not before.

Even if we are mid table at Jan, what we going do, protest Adams out, have another disruptive season? That's not going help us, Adams or the players for the rest of the season is it, we certainly would kiss goodbye to promotion if all that lot kicks off again? No, i'll judge him at the end.

The way people talk about Adams as if their judgement is better than his. No-one wants a promotion as much as Adams and we don't need much more to get out of this league.....the test of our resources will be if we make it to league 1.

We don't need wholesale changes just some quality to push the rest.

Well i won't be shooting him down half way through the season. This will be his season with no distractions & i will judge him after the seasons end, not before.

Even if we are mid table at Jan, what we going do, protest Adams out, have another disruptive season? That's not going help us, Adams or the players for the rest of the season is it, we certainly would kiss goodbye to promotion if all that lot kicks off again? No, i'll judge him at the end.

Dont get me wrong whilst im in favour of a clear out (unlikely i know) im happy to give MA a full 12-18mths with good resources & stability behind him to see what he can do.

However i think we both know a section of fans (prob the same ones who slate Richards) will be on his back if we have a slow start.

Archived