onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Trains for Charlton

Anybody who was booked on the 7.10 from Stoke to Euston or the 19.13 from Euston to Stoke, please be aware these trains are cancelled. I use TrainPal for booking and have had no email or anything, I just needed to double check my train times and noticed they were cancelled. Useless Avanti

Advert

20 minutes ago, Rodge said:

Anybody who was booked on the 7.10 from Stoke to Euston or the 19.13 from Euston to Stoke, please be aware these trains are cancelled. I use TrainPal for booking and have had no email or anything, I just needed to double check my train times and noticed they were cancelled. Useless Avanti emoji35.png

I'd just check that mate, Trainpal have a tendency to show trains as cancelled when they are not, especially avanti trains,

Check trainline and see what they say, 

It's also very unlikely that they would cancel trains this far out

I'd just check that mate, Trainpal have a tendency to show trains as cancelled when they are not, especially avanti trains,
Check trainline and see what they say, 
It's also very unlikely that they would cancel trains this far out

Thanks mate but I’ve checked the National Rail and Avanti websites, and neither of the journeys now exist (even though I have a paper ticket with pre-booked seats on those original journeys).

Sounds like a train pal issue. If a train is cancelled and you end up being late by more than 15 minutes you can claim a refund, this refund will come direct from Avanti no matter who you booked it through. If you fail to get a refund then it would imply this service was removed well before you bought your ticket in which case you have a case against train pal but good luck with that, if that is the case I would certainly stop using train pal.

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Struggling to get much cheaper than 60 odd quid on times we'd normally go and come back.

I know we are in a cost of living crisis but it looks like bargain train tickets are a thing of the past. 

try booking on the london northwestern website and selecting the 'london northwestern trains only' option

Struggling to get much cheaper than 60 odd quid on times we'd normally go and come back.
I know we are in a cost of living crisis but it looks like bargain train tickets are a thing of the past. 

Spot on mate, it was always going to be the commuter that ended up paying for rail workers wage increases. We booked on the trains that take around an hour and a half (now cancelled), cost me £90 return to Charlton.

3 minutes ago, Rodge said:

Spot on mate, it was always going to be the commuter that ended up paying for rail workers wage increases. We booked on the trains that take around an hour and a half (now cancelled), cost me £90 return to Charlton.

Rail ticket increases were decided before any pay rise agreement was made, and rail ticket prices have increased more than rail workers wages have every single year in living memory.

Maybe you should look at the money the government guarantees the train operating companies no matter what service they run and you should look at the rolling stock companies that are registered offshore and pay no tax which lease the trains to said Train Operating Companies at an extortionate rate

Tried the London North Western option. Prices no better sadly. 
Looking at 200 quid all in for train , match ticket, food, drink etc. 

£200 about right as no doubt London beer prices will have increased since Leyton Orient and Wembley!

32 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Tried the London North Western option. Prices no better sadly. 

Looking at 200 quid all in for train , match ticket, food, drink etc. 

Hi mate, just had a look for you, if you get a return from stoke to Birmingham, and then get a train from Birmingham-London (On the LNWR website) you can do it for £60 with an open return without a railcard, you can get it closer to £50 if you book specific trains

2 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Hi mate, just had a look for you, if you get a return from stoke to Birmingham, and then get a train from Birmingham-London (On the LNWR website) you can do it for £60 with an open return without a railcard, you can get it closer to £50 if you book specific trains

Nice one mate. Appreciate that . I'll try sort later. 

Archived