onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

OVF feature: New owners must be open and honest

Guest OVF Feature

Guest OVF Feature

This is an automated feed from the ovf-robot. Our robot (which is not real, by the way) checks the front page of OVF every ten minutes and posts the stories in the forum. Hereis the latest story that it found:

New owners must be open and honest

Rob Fielding says that whilst potential owner Mo Chaudry has split opinion recently, Mo’s completely right about one thing – that is that any new owners of the club have to be open and honest with the fans. Rob’s latest … Continue reading →

More...

Advert

... and I would appeal to the fans to unite behind the new owner and give them a chance, regardless of whoever you originally wanted to win. A new owner that starts by having to contend with a sizeable minority of moaners, objectors and stay-aways will be inheriting a poisoned chalice, and any potential road to success will be obstructed before we even start.

... and I would appeal to the fans to unite behind the new owner and give them a chance, regardless of whoever you originally wanted to win. A new owner that starts by having to contend with a sizeable minority of moaners, objectors and stay-aways will be inheriting a poisoned chalice, and any potential road to success will be obstructed before we even start.

Agree..............unless any MOLD should appear!

Why do they need to be open? They can build a moat around the boardroon and never speak a word, for all I care. As long as we are run properly and are succesful, that's all that matters imo.

I tend to agree, once they buy the club its their club to do what they want.

If they want fans turning up its simple, get a decent team performing

Tend to agree in some way with both Rob and Mellor. However, the fans too must be honest. Whilst appreciating that the fayre on offer on the pitch has been pretty poor of late, many of those fans who said they would return when MOLD had gone have plainly not kept their promise judging by recent attendances. The fans are ultimately the lifeblood of the club and the new owner (if it is not Mo) must be very wary of the reaction of the very vocal pro Mo brigade. It is hoped that their allegiance is to PVFC only.

Why do they need to be open? They can build a moat around the boardroon and never speak a word, for all I care. As long as we are run properly and are succesful, that's all that matters imo.

I agree. I also don't think a fans rep on the board is a good idea. Let the board run the club, the manger run the team, the players win the games and the fans support the team. Which is how most clubs are run. Yes I want the board to be open and have dialog with the SC and fans, but look what happened last time we had fans in the board room.

From a selfish point of view I hope Mo gets it however as long as no one with any previous links gets it I'll back them

Archived