onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Which 3 Members..........

soothsayer

You need pace Tony to get out of any League. We have hardly any apart from Rob Taylor but its no good when you can't take the ball with you.

Look at the midfield area. Griff and Morsy Saturday. No pace whatsoever and none of them supported the frontmen and none are ball players.

I like Marshall and would give him a short term deal and hopefully he will get fit.

Shuker is another who i think would be a great part of the Squad and would be better than Rigg for sure. Rob Taylor is a tricky one, as for a winger he's simply not good enough and has not been for 3 years, but we could use him as cover at left back? If he's on a low wage i would keep him.

Yates, Owen, McDonald, Martin, Burge, Williamson, Rigg, Pope, Haldane, Morsy, James, Roe all need to be cleard out and start all over again. And the frsh signings need to be of a much higher standard than the rubbish we ship out.

Harsh but true, it needs to happen and should of happened years ago.

Can't argue with much of that.

Pope and Yates are no better than pub players you see on a Sunday morning. Yates was abysmal again on Saturday, another example of the dross you get when Bill Bratt signs someone instead of the manager! They might be local lads but neither have got the quality. Owen has also gone downhill badly, and is too injury prone.

Williamson's very poor also from what I've seen. If that's a player looking to impress on Saturday gold help us and Morsy's another one in that mold. Haldane has been unfortunate but would be another wage freed up.

Probably Rigg is about the best talent out of that bunch along with Rob Taylor - but with both of them that's on their day and their day isn't very often.

Advert

Honestly if i was the manager id say win the last 7 games then i might be giving you a new contract.

Over 39 games we have managed lose 8 at home,how poor,7 away ,15 games lost on the whole thats very poor.

Who would i keep well i dont know c how we do over the last 7 games then ill give my verdict on what ive witnessed in matches ive attended theres very few who have shown the right application throughout the season,and considering we r supposed be one of the fittest teams why is we concede most our goals in the last 20 mins of matches.

Martin ,Tomlinson,very inconsistent both concede sloppy goals,i wouldnt keep either of them.

Yates no doubt works hard ,doesnt cut out crosses well enough,poor distribution ,not good enough gotta go.

Mccombe id keep generally ok performances ,does switch off though and costs the team goals.

Mcdonald ok in the air ,poor distribution ,potential there i think Keep.

R Taylor Got something but not enough Go.

Griff puts the challenges in ,but when not at it ,very poor Go

Loft keep

Morsy good potential passes and moves,only young going be a good player Keep

Rigg completely lost his way ,one of our better players though Keep

Dodds Go

Richards ,controversial this go ,yes he as scored some important goals but how often his he man of the match (never),We can get better for the money we pay him.

Haldane Go great pace but simply has no quality,yet Dodds on the other hand has quality but little work rate.

Pope Set up most of Vale goals the only good home performances ive seen r when he has played,Keep local lad who i feel contributes to the team very well.

Shuker Keep

Marshall Keep

Owen go

Burge keep

Roe Keep

Williamson ,hasnt stepped up to the mantle Go

So we have 7 games left change my mind we will c who the boys r from the men .

What a farce of a comment. I feel sorry for you, as only a complete fool would say keep Pope and get rid of Richards. I can't read the post again as it is comments like this that frustrate me more than anything about some Vale fans. Let me guess, Constantine was also lazy and we needed to get rid?

What a farce of a comment. I feel sorry for you, as only a complete fool would say keep Pope and get rid of Richards. I can't read the post again as it is comments like this that frustrate me more than anything about some Vale fans. Let me guess, Constantine was also lazy and we needed to get rid?

And precisley why threads like this are a waste of time.

Honestly if i was the manager id say win the last 7 games then i might be giving you a new contract.

Over 39 games we have managed lose 8 at home,how poor,7 away ,15 games lost on the whole thats very poor.

Who would i keep well i dont know c how we do over the last 7 games then ill give my verdict on what ive witnessed in matches ive attended theres very few who have shown the right application throughout the season,and considering we r supposed be one of the fittest teams why is we concede most our goals in the last 20 mins of matches.

Martin ,Tomlinson,very inconsistent both concede sloppy goals,i wouldnt keep either of them.

Yates no doubt works hard ,doesnt cut out crosses well enough,poor distribution ,not good enough gotta go.

Mccombe id keep generally ok performances ,does switch off though and costs the team goals.

Mcdonald ok in the air ,poor distribution ,potential there i think Keep.

R Taylor Got something but not enough Go.

Griff puts the challenges in ,but when not at it ,very poor Go

Loft keep

Morsy good potential passes and moves,only young going be a good player Keep

Rigg completely lost his way ,one of our better players though Keep

Dodds Go

Richards ,controversial this go ,yes he as scored some important goals but how often his he man of the match (never),We can get better for the money we pay him.

Haldane Go great pace but simply has no quality,yet Dodds on the other hand has quality but little work rate.

Pope Set up most of Vale goals the only good home performances ive seen r when he has played,Keep local lad who i feel contributes to the team very well.

Shuker Keep

Marshall Keep

Owen go

Burge keep

Roe Keep

Williamson ,hasnt stepped up to the mantle Go

So we have 7 games left change my mind we will c who the boys r from the men .

Are you off your head? You would get rid of Richards, our top scorer by a long way and keep Pope who to be honest, does not set up most of our goals and has a diabolical goal scoring record? :laugh:

What this thread shows is that although many don't like to criticise the messiah, his signings over the last three years have been poor (compared against clubs with similar if not worse budgets, so let's not go there again).

Very good point.

I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if Mickey left. (as long as we don't have to pay up the remainder of his massive contract)

The players who should definitely go:

Martin: Inconsistant, not as good as Tomlinson

Yates: Worst player in the whole squad, No better than sunday league

Owen: Should of gone to Crewe i the first place. Injury prone and has has a poor season

Mcdonald: Got potential but has bad discipline, lacks pace, Chilvers was by far better!

Taylor: One way runs all the time, gives the ball away too much, by far better wingers in the league

Morsy: Dont see what people see in him. Shcoking going forward and too weak, conference player.

Pope: Shocking goal scoring rate. Might be a fan but compared to richards, he is terrible.

Williamson: Thought he had potential a first, Proved me wrong. Doesnt know where the net is, bit of pace but thats about it.

Its clear to me, they are the worst players in the squad. I would keep players like, Kingsley James, Ryan Burge and Phil Roe because we havnt really seen them yet and have good potential. I would also keep Haldane because of is pace and i believe he is just an overall better winger than Taylor.

If i was Micky Adams and i had a bit of money to send if new owners come in, i would be looking to get a new goalkeeper hopefully better than Tomlinson so he can be on the bench, a decent right back, left back and a centre back, hopefully chilvers! Another winger, preferably Myrie Williams, a creative central midfielder and 2 strikers who can both challenge rico for a starting lineup and can score goals.

If it had to be three, I would keep Richards, Loft and Griffith. They stand out for me.

After that, I would want to keep McCombe, Rigg, Yates, Tomlinson, McDonald, Morsy, Williamson.

Unsure on Taylor and Dodds, they're still young but so inconsistent. I'd like to see them stay and prove themselves, but I wonder if their time is up.

Not seen Martin play in ages, so can't really comment.

Unsure on Pope as he has a poor touch but keeps possession well and is a real team player. I just wonder if we're better with him in the side, or not.

Only seen Marshall and Shuker once and neither really impressed, so can't comment as others have raved about them.

Not seen James or Roe.

Haldane has been excellent when I've seen him, it's just a question of whether his injuries mean he's too much to carry.

The only point releasing players is if you know you can get/afford better.

The fact that even the previous loss-makers, couldn't afford to pay Sutton and Roberts, says we'll probably have most of them next season if Adams is the manager.

Dodds and Rigg are good players when we adopt a style to suit them. 4-4-2 with them as wingers isn't it. Rigg as a striker worked at the start of the season. Letting Dodds float behind the strikers has worked well recently.

Spoke to Lewis on Saturday and he said he was hoping to get a few games under his belt (reserve wise) before the end of the season. Have to say he looked quite fit and he said he had not felt as good in quite a while.

Might be worth giving him a short term deal to prove his worth.

Since been relegated to this league we ain't even got in the play offs once and the nucleus of the squad is the same.

Sinnott,glover, MA,gannon,and MA have failed with these players.

After the 3-0 win over Burton where the crowd were exceptional for the last 15 mins we have lost 4 out of the last 5 so instead of our encouragement giving the players a rousing end of the season it looks like we will be finishing the season like a damp squid.

Why should we keep players who continually lack confidence,character when the going gets tough.

The gate on sat is because of the efforts of the players.fans will not fork out watch half hearted ****.

Clear them off I say let them take there under performing efforts elsewhere,bring in hungry players who never stop chasing,harrying ,refuse to be beaten types.

We need leaders.

So you think getting rid of our top scorer for the past however many seasons will help us to build on this damp 'squid' (!) we are finishing on? I agree that the squad needs to be overhauled, but it needs to be built around a few core players. Your top scorer and most accomplished player and the captain of Montserrat is a good place to start. I would defo keep Loft, Mccombe, Tommo (backup) and possibly Dodds as I still feel he adds value as a squad player.

Archived