onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dean Glover

Jason

Advert

What about the likes of Sinnott, Rob Taylor and Kyle Perry? They never stood a chance under Glover. They weren't cared about either as long as others got what they wanted.

Works both ways Mark. Do you think Peter Jackson cared about players when he was bad mouthing them to me?

Sinnott wise I agree but when he was manager he had no money and the fans turned on him. He like sinnott needed more time.

Did you watch the ***** whilst he was in charge? It's a shame but as far as footballing matters the buck stops with the manager and he wasn't up to it. Too many kids who were rubbish.

You can tell how ****** good he is as Mudie says that he's the best manager we've had since Rudge and he'd still do a great job for the Vale.

He never had a chance to prove himself as a manager thats all I am saying

I liked and loved Deano as a Player and a person.......In the Management stakes he failed and he has paid the price......OK he is maybe washing windows, but at least he is not sitting on his bum feeling sorry for himself........Deano you will always be a Legend in my book.........And good luck for the future.............Jimmy.

Its a shame how it panned out with Deano. I feel fortunate that as a youngster I was able to go and watch the Vale as a competitive championship side. Some of those younger than me may not get that opprtunity for a long time to come at the current rate of progress :(

Fantastic player, but didn't cut the mustard as a manager. He came into the job as the team were on a downward spiral and he didn't have the experience/know-how to change things. I also feel that he was another victim of the board consistently doing the polar opposite to what the fans want! But I for one would welcome him back to Vale Park should he come (To watch) mind!

I liked and loved Deano as a Player and a person.......In the Management stakes he failed and he has paid the price......OK he is maybe washing windows, but at least he is not sitting on his bum feeling sorry for himself........Deano you will always be a Legend in my book.........And good luck for the future.............Jimmy.

summed up perfectly by Jimbo :D:D

===========================

Sinnott wise I agree but when he was manager he had no money and the fans turned on him. He like sinnott needed more time.

He never had a chance to prove himself as a manager thats all I am saying

No he didn't need time, we replaced him with Adams. He'd lost part of the dressing room and was driving fans away.

I saw Dean at Morrisons petrol station this afternoon, filling up a window cleaning van?

Whilst I understand the frustrations surrounding the club in the last two/three seasons, the treatment of Glover, in my view, was largely unwarranted and dark dark times for Port Vale Football Club and its supporters.

I hope in the fullness of time, once hopefully we have a new owner, people will take a step back and think about events at the time.

Would you refuse a chance to manage a club you were associated with for so long?

He had his faults, and ultimately wasn't good enough as a manager, but is Peter Jackson not primarily to blame for events at the time?

It is a shame, in my opinion, that one of the best players to grace Port Vale in their finest years should end up ostracised from the club in such a way.

On a similar note, I sincerely hope Mark Grew is afforded the respect he so deserves as a similar Vale icon, regardless of how the rest of the season pans out.

Sorry but **** him. I still get angry at the thought of the useless tosspot blaming us, the players, infact anyone but himself.

I saw Dean at Morrisons petrol station this afternoon, filling up a window cleaning van?

Whilst I understand the frustrations surrounding the club in the last two/three seasons, the treatment of Glover, in my view, was largely unwarranted and dark dark times for Port Vale Football Club and its supporters.

I hope in the fullness of time, once hopefully we have a new owner, people will take a step back and think about events at the time.

Would you refuse a chance to manage a club you were associated with for so long?

He had his faults, and ultimately wasn't good enough as a manager, but is Peter Jackson not primarily to blame for events at the time?

It is a shame, in my opinion, that one of the best players to grace Port Vale in their finest years should end up ostracised from the club in such a way.

On a similar note, I sincerely hope Mark Grew is afforded the respect he so deserves as a similar Vale icon, regardless of how the rest of the season pans

out.

Jason, i feel its a crying shame that Dean has gone from hero to zero in such a short space of time.

I was a teenage lad when he signed, and i'd never seen s centre half before (or since) who was such a cultuted footballer and was so comfortable recieving the ball.

However, i was a 30 something screaming for his sacking. That was based on 3 things. a ) he wasnt up to the job. b ) he was Jackson's puppet. But primarily it was c ) he was complicit in actively undermining somebody who was given the job in front of him.

That for me was unforgivable. Vale had a young promising manager with a good track record in non league. Sinnott astutely recognised that the club needed root and branch change in order to succeed. Unfortunately Glover decided to side with the poison that is V2001 and his own personal ambition instead of looking at what was best for PVFC. what goes around comes around.

Jason, i feel its a crying shame that Dean has gone from hero to zero in such a short space of time.

I was a teenage lad when he signed, and i'd never seen s centre half before (or since) who was such a cultuted footballer and was so comfortable recieving the ball.

However, i was a 30 something screaming for his sacking. That was based on 3 things. a ) he wasnt up to the job. b ) he was Jackson's puppet. But primarily it was c ) he was complicit in actively undermining somebody who was given the job in front of him.

That for me was unforgivable. Vale had a young promising manager with a good track record in non league. Sinnott astutely recognised that the club needed root and branch change in order to succeed. Unfortunately Glover decided to side with the poison that is V2001 and his own personal ambition instead of looking at what was best for PVFC. what goes around comes around.

As much as i have to admit it Rob i have to agree.......The self preservation society mentality instilled in Deano, Jackson destroyed any creditability the fans had in Deano.........Tragic IMHO...:(

All fair Rob.....but strange when you think about it, and symptomatic of the problems at Vale park....He chose to side with V2001....in undermining the manager appointed by V2001 :D

I never thought he was blameless, but agree with you, he was the best centre half I ever saw at vale park...:yes:

Archived