onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Breakaway Team

essex_valiant

Advert

Can this romanticism about an AFC Port Vale cease?

If you're prepared to spend 10 years + outside of a professional league, go to the crappiest grounds in the country, play the crappiest teams in the country in front of a couple of hundred fans then go for it.

There is, and will only ever be, one Port Vale.

Saving our current predicament is a walk in the park by comparison.

Can this romanticism about an AFC Port Vale cease?

If you're prepared to spend 10 years + outside of a professional league, go to the crappiest grounds in the country, play the crappiest teams in the country in front of a couple of hundred fans then go for it.

There is, and will only ever be, one Port Vale.

Saving our current predicament is a walk in the park by comparison.

I take your point and hope it won't come to it, but did Aldershot, Wimbledon, Telford, Halifax, Scarborough fans to name but a few adopt this attitude when it went **** up at their original teams(for one reason or another)?

I take your point and hope it won't come to it, but did Aldershot, Wimbledon, Telford, Halifax, Scarborough fans to name but a few adopt this attitude when it went **** up at their original teams(for one reason or another)?

All those other teams are at best league 2 teams and AFC Wimbledon have plenty of wealthy backers who wanted see a team back in the wimbledon area, it was a campaign that had been going on for at least a decade while the club were even at Selhurst Park.

Aldershot town, Telford, Halifax, Scarborough have done sod all since and I bet they didn't fold because of dodgy board members. They folded because fans stopped going.

If SEO does not result in finding a new buyer, a bankrupt club is worse than having a corrupt board and I am sure that nobody was SEO-ing at the prospect of a new vale playing the likes of Burscough United, Lancaster City or Kings Lynn. Should following poor quality football at local level float people's boats then Alsager Town are always looking for new fans.

A bankrupt vale is great for getting rid of MOLD, but so would an atomic blast on the ground. Trouble is in both cases, the club goes with it.

Very true but I wouldn't want to try it! How long did it take Newport to get back into the top tier of non-League nevermind the league? Where are Scarborough? Still playing in the regionals.

Both Telford and Halifax managed to slip not too far down the pyramid but that's nothing to count on. Given teams have to formally apply to leagues there's absolutely no guarrantee of entry - more so if you've a history of financial trouble.

I don't think I'd follow the idea of following a "supporters run club". Tried it. didn't work. ;)

All those other teams are at best league 2 teams and AFC Wimbledon have plenty of wealthy backers who wanted see a team back in the wimbledon area, it was a campaign that had been going on for at least a decade while the club were even at Selhurst Park.

Aldershot town, Telford, Halifax, Scarborough have done sod all since and I bet they didn't fold because of dodgy board members. They folded because fans stopped going.

If SEO does not result in finding a new buyer, a bankrupt club is worse than having a corrupt board and I am sure that nobody was SEO-ing at the prospect of a new vale playing the likes of Burscough United, Lancaster City or Kings Lynn. Should following poor quality football at local level float people's boats then Alsager Town are always looking for new fans.

A bankrupt vale is great for getting rid of MOLD, but so would an atomic blast on the ground. Trouble is in both cases, the club goes with it.

Actually they mainly folded because of poor financial management. They were mainly small clubs anyway so didn't have much in the way of bankable history or resources (crowd). Telford were doing quite well I believe and had Lee Mills on their books and scoring goals too.

The histories of these clubs make great reading for anyone interested. Hopefully Vale won't be joining the list.

Archived