onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

When we are in admin and the board have gone...

deantaberner

I haven't been on here for a while and you've just reminded me why.. We are Vale fans in the main, success happens rarely but we're Vale fans if we hankered after success we would be glory hunting ManU, ManC, Liv.. Need I go on? We are Vale fans not success fans (although it was and is nice).. Off on another sabbatical now see ya

Shes right though - Swindle are a case in point. In League 1 last year, they were getting 3-4k for home games cos they were losing every week. Drop down a division, start winning every week and they're getting 7-9k.

Whilst a few will come back once MOLD have gone, we need to actually start seeing some success to see a real spike in attendance.

Advert

Crowds will be practically the same, maybe a couple hundred more.

The issue for stay aways is lack of success. Until we start achieving something again it will remain that way

I don't think it's necessarily success. Look at the first season and the start of last under Micky. He created a buzz and the fans bought into it.

I think some fans will return immediately but probably no more than 500 regularly.

The rest will return as the TRUST in the club is earned once again.

I haven't been on here for a while and you've just reminded me why.. We are Vale fans in the main, success happens rarely but we're Vale fans if we hankered after success we would be glory hunting ManU, ManC, Liv.. Need I go on? We are Vale fans not success fans (although it was and is nice).. Off on another sabbatical now see ya

Cheerio! ;)

That why there on average about 5,000 of us.......

Thanks.

Again though, Fritter is acknowledged as a good guy and is fighting the cause. However, makes a wildly in accurate claim to bolster the argument and none of those who swarm against pro board facts say a thing. The argument has lost all balance and reason and some of the senior players need to step up in my opinion and get some checks and balances in place.

50% of football league clubs have been in administration since 1992 when the Premier League started. It is an inherent problem that clubs are often not viable businesses and in fact that situation is perpetuated as clubs come out of administration under new ownership and continue trading whereas in most businesses administration will often be the end and liquidation occurs or the business is at least split up. Although clubs have gone out of business over the years the loyal fan base and the temptation people with some wealth feel to become owners rescues more situations like this than is normal. But if a club is a loss maker in the first place something has to change for it not to be in the future and that is where the old board at Port Vale and the current board, who are also misconducting themselves, failed.

That all said, there was a programme on Sky last night about football and the taxman. David Gold pointed out the issue of debt in football and how any change to the preferential creditor league ruling - currently being challenged in court by HMRC and awaiting a judge's ruling - would affect transfers etc. Without that rule more due diligence would be needed and payments would have to be assured probably by being up front more rather than in increments. But most importantly, David Gold, owner of West Ham, said that the only division making profits was league 2 because of the limited 60% of turnover wages rule which is due to go to 50%. So given Port Vale has higher attendances and better off field business facilities than many clubs in this division, the board's performance looks worse than ever,

Vale's gates after the departure of V2001 will initially jump up to 6000+ I'm sure but will then slip back to 5000ish.

Attendances need some on the field success to continue to grow. All fans have differing levels of passion. Some are the thick and thin type (me included) while many need a little success to 'whet their appetites'.

The only reason that I don't go at the present time is because of the actions of a very deceitful and self centred board. I pray for the day when I can go back to my beloved Vale Park. The place that have always referred to as 'The Temple'.

Thanks.

Again though, Fritter is acknowledged as a good guy and is fighting the cause. However, makes a wildly in accurate claim to bolster the argument and none of those who swarm against pro board facts say a thing. The argument has lost all balance and reason and some of the senior players need to step up in my opinion and get some checks and balances in place.

600 out;shame on me. I know you are attention seeking and i know you lack any kind of meaningfull life but im afraid i will no longer give you your kicks by responding. i politly requested you refrained from targeting me in your posts,please respect that.

600 out;shame on me. I know you are attention seeking and i know you lack any kind of meaningfull life but im afraid i will no longer give you your kicks by responding. i politly requested you refrained from targeting me in your posts,please respect that.

FRITTER :kiss: Borat

Targeting? Yet I am the attention seeker. You wildly miss represented the facts to suit your own argument. You know, a bit like you accuse Mike Lloyd of doing...

I realise that you are not used to being challenged when you make such claims though and as I said in my PM response to your veiled threats, if you post on a public forum and I feel you or your post is relevant to my point I will respond. If you don't want that to happen dont post on a public forum.

Targeting? Yet I am the attention seeker. You wildly miss represented the facts to suit your own argument. You know, a bit like you accuse Mike Lloyd of doing...

I realise that you are not used to being challenged when you make such claims though and as I said in my PM response to your veiled threats, if you post on a public forum and I feel you or your post is relevant to my point I will respond. If you don't want that to happen dont post on a public forum.

You did not respond to my pm. im not sure what your intentions are towards me,i can only guess.you obviosly do not like me so if you wish to discuss this further then please do so in person.

Archived